Cosplay!

nessundio

Hiya nessundio :(

Welcome to the Glasgow forum!

Hey Ann! Thanks for the real nice welcome to the board! It's good to know that a good amount of people are starting to come out of the cosplay cupboard as it were.. Im currently in the process of creating CLU's outfit from TRON Legacy.. hope i can get it finished in time for collectormania annnnnd i also hope there might be some other TL cosplayers there!

Oh and touchthesky.. awesome lara cosplay! I'll look out for you! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't done cosplay before but I am considering it this year after seeing all the great costumes at Glasgow last year. I have two possiblities either Cherry Darling from Planet Terror or Drusilla from Buffy.

Hi RockaholicBlonde They both are really great costume ideas what dursilla costume are you thinking of doing :YAHOO:

I haven't done cosplay before but I am considering it this year after seeing all the great costumes at Glasgow last year. I have two possiblities either Cherry Darling from Planet Terror or Drusilla from Buffy.

Hi RockaholicBlonde They both are really great costume ideas what dursilla costume are you thinking of doing :YAHOO:

I'm thinking maybe her white dress as that would be easier to make than her black one with the lace sleeves although I prefer the black. Im not sure, im very indecisive. I will probably end up making both haha :P

Hey looking forward to going to this years event as it'll be my first time going to Collectormania, though i've been to a few conventions before I think the last time was at a Collectables in SECC a good many years back.

Anyway i thought i would start this with style and go as "Bank Heist" Joker from The Dark Knight, to be slightly different. (in the hope any others go as varying interpretations of the charater)

So tempted to make a comment about "orbs" ;)

Other than being a bad joke about boobs and a reference to spherical glowing light, I believe that this could lend itself to the film Solarbabies (also known as Solarwarriors)

Edited by Brian Cairns

Hi Brian

Welcome to the Glasgow forum! :D

It's great to have you here and would love to see your Joker outfit. ;)

Ann

xx

Thanks for the welcome ann, i allready have a few bits and peices for my costume.

I'm still uncertain if i'm going to enter the competition or not, i've been kinda put off after watching some vids - how is this judged, is it more about what you do rather than what you wear? [insert "it's not who am i, it's what i do" quote here]

I've decided not to be part of the competition itself - mainly because i'm buying the majority of the costume and that I think I prefer to skulk around rather than parade myself in front of folk.

Edited by Brian Cairns

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still uncertain if i'm going to enter the competition or not, i've been kinda put off after watching some vids - how is this judged, is it more about what you do rather than what you wear? [insert "it's not who am i, it's what i do" quote here]

We usually judge costumes on three criteria:

Accuracy

Effort

Action

The first two IMHO TEND to be the most important, but an overall balance is needed - If your costume is completely accurate, but bought as-is from a store, then you're welcome to enter, but not too likely to win.

If your costume is a little bit less like what was seen on screen/page, but it's obvious that you worked really hard on it - Then you stand a better chance.

And if it comes down to two good costumes, that have clearly been worked upon extremely hard... But the wearer of one merely stands on the stage, looks blank, then walks off - But the other, comes out in character, and PERFORMS... Says some lines, and tries to engage the crowd...

They're gonna win.

End of the day it's all just for fun anyway, and the more who enter, the better!

BTW, the prop I was talking about earlier is a replica of something handled by Bruce Willis :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ollo people,

I am - hopefully - this year going to bring the femme!ten suit out of retirement. Not sure if I'll actually enter the cosplay or not, I always mean to but never actually get around to doing anything... We shall just have to wait and see what happens

Zara

• 2 weeks later...