Cosplay!

nessundio

I've been given a challenge, as i have zilch moneys for mastercheif now i have been giving a weight loss challenge to lose as much as i can and go as Either Darth Talon or Slave Leia, and like a silly silly idjit i accepted. so am now starving and playing the wii like a bos trying to get down to Leia ish size

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All!

I can confirm that there will be Cosplay at Glasgow Collectormania. We've just had a change-over of cosplay-staff due to TurkFox's retirement, and we are somewhat changing the setup for how cosplay will be organised in the future.

Just to quickly introduce myself, I am the Fan-Zone Co-Ordinator for Showmasters. This means that I work for Showmasters to help co-ordinate the Cosplay, Video Gaming, Anime, J-Culture and Artist-Alley aspects (areas which are traditionally quite niche, so it's also my job to grow them!) as well as help put together the information and publicity materials related to these areas for their events such as LFCC, Collectormania and so forth.

Any problems, ideas or suggestions for these areas, it is best to contact me via email on mtowers1982@yahoo.co.uk.

With regard to Glasgow Collectormania, I will be sorting out someone to organise the cosplay for that show. TurkFox has very kindly recommended someone to look after the cosplay for this show, so I will shortly (when we both catch each other on msn at the same time!) speaking to him and getting this sorted for Showmasters.

~ Mike

Edited by FreeSaiyan

I'd be lying if I was to say I've never considered cosplaying at these events but due to self confidence issues and a figure that tends to limit my choice in characters to go as, I've always put it off :P .

Nevertheless, I've always enjoyed seeing the work others put into their outfits and as always, I look forward to seeing the finished costumes at the show this year, costumes which I'm sure will keep to the usual high quality of work that has been on display at past shows. : )

Hi everyone

I attened last years Collectormania at Glasgow and it was frankly one of the best days of my life. The stalls are awesome and the cosplay were breath-taking. It was everything I dreamed of. So, obliviously I will be returning this year with my partner in crime, Greg.

This year, I will be cosplaying as Shinji Hirako from the anime series. Bleach. I have the costume and am still working on the replica sword and waiting for the wig to arrive.

So, if you see me at the event, please come up and say hello . I hope to meet as many of you as I can.

:blush:

Okay folks! We're starting to see some cosplay group topics being made in the Cosplay forum.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showforum=53

Make sure to check them out, and of course feel free to make your own cosplay group topic. Just make sure you tag the title with the event it's for. So since this is Collectormania Glasgow you would put [CMG] in the title.

Any questions, ask away. See you over in the cosplay section!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FAO Too Tall ( Or any Showmasters folk who see this and can give him a nudge, please... ).

I spoke to Jason a week or two ago about this, and he's given me the OK for the prop display in the foyer as per the last few years... But he said that as regards me doing the Cosplay Masquerade, the final call is yours.

I did email the office, but haven't heard back yet - Any chance you can give me a shout please, let me know the score?

Got lots to prepare, and only a month to do it now... And that is cutting it fine as far as advertising a costume contest, and allowing folk time to actually MAKE something for it! So I'd like to be able to start advertising the masquerade as soon as I know if I'm doing it.

Already put out a few feelers regarding prizes and so on...

Cheers,

S.

• 2 weeks later...

I am officially coming on the saturday now. However, I am unsure as to whether or not I'll cosplay. I want to, badly, but I am travelling with a backpack at 440am on the bus from Aberdeen so unless it's 100% that there is a cloak room..I shan't be cosplaying.

I can't remember from previous years, cuz I've never had to use one.