things we feel you should know

showmasters

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... 10 days are well and truly gone and so too, I'm guessing, is this Con. *Locks that tiny glimmer of hope away for use at another time* On the bright side, if its cancelled, its less disappointing this way as we had no-one to look forward to in the first place, right?

Also I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever manage a Being Human Con of any kind... *sigh*

So, even if its a postponement and not a cancellation, do we get a full refund on tickets & hotel?

KC

Edited by Kinkyclawz

10 days was only yesterday - you need to bear in mind that the agents have probably said 'we'll let you know in the next 10 days' - and I suppose Jason probably emailed yesterday asking if there was any update on it - we have to bear in mind any biggies are likely to be American so time difference would mean no response till at least late last night or maybe even today - we are in the hands of the agents - I suppose we will hear in the next day or two either way

I imagine it will probably be a postponement rather than a cancellation

Very true, I'm sure sure the agents are hard at work etc, and I'd love it to go ahead, Lisa, but I'm just not getting my hopes anywhere near up. Housebroken's cancellation devastated me so I've tried not to invest too much of my energy in this one. :P Pity is, it would only be my sisters 2nd convention and she was extremely excited and optimistic. I'm more upset for her than myself.

Sorry if I sound negative. Don't get me wrong, I'll be as made up and excited as anyone if it does happen, but I'm just not pinning my hopes on it right now. As you say, a postponement is more likely if it doesn't go ahead. Its just a matter of if the rescheduling clashes with something down the line so fingers crossed it won't.

Who knows, maybe "no news is good news" applies here.

:blink: KC

Edited by Kinkyclawz

Well, we are now technically in the 12th day...still no news :D Really not sure how much longer we personally can keep holding out before we have to just admit defeat on this one. :D

With so many folk clinging on for dear life in hopes of getting the green light for this event, an update of any kind would be appreciated whether its good or bad news or even to ask us to hang in there a few days more.

I totally sympathise, so can I make a suggestion? You can subscribe to particular sections of this forum (or even specific threads) so that if there are new threads you will get an email (you can choose either immediate or delayed). That might help a little and save you from having to come back and check quite so often :thumbup:.

To do that, go to the top right of the page on Roadhouse 2 section, where it says Forum Options. Then select Subscribe To This Forum. Then you can choose the frequency of the emails, I would go with Immediate Email Notification if you want to know as soon as it's posted.

Edited by jael001

Am i reading this right that everyone is waiting for one big guest announcement...

So if one biggy is announced will the con still go ahead with one guest, and would the said guest have been in all shows or am i being really really silly. Hard to have a 3 show con with a guest from one show ???

:thumbup: