things we feel you should know

showmasters

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, but it would take a BIG spn guest to do it for me now... Whilst I had the forethought to book the time off work well in advance, I haven't managed to save a lot for it (esp as we've just booked our wedding), and just checking the train prices are already a bit daft (If i arrive saturday morning and return on sunday afternoon its £50, if I arrive friday afternoon and return sunday afternoon - they have no singles for sunday so I would have to pay £61 one way!!, and miss the closing ceremony etc), not to mention everything else *sigh*

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its great to know that Sm are trying to get a big name for this event I like a 3 shows and really want to come to this - the location is not ideal for me but the more important factor would be if the date changed - have had to wait longer this time to check funds for this - I know its late but travel costs have to be taken into account. I hope this doesn't get canceled altogether - it would be a shame to lose the event

PS am with you too too tall on firefly :D

haha ME have never let me down like mentioning no ames others have!

I have good hope in them getting us some great guests and putting on an awesome weekend i will buying a ticket either way as i love all 3 shows and I'm a 'hardcore' ME attender! the way I see it the closer to the event we get guests signed up the less likely they are to cancel!

I hope so, although (mentioning no names) that has happened in the past too....

yeah I know what you mean it can still all go wrong which I learnt the hard way, hopefully they wont be behind on filming this time although i did see an interview with candice accola and she said there was loads of snow in atlanta last week so they where out playing in the snow instead of filming!

I'm really excited to see who the guest is now, really hoping for an SPN one because it's the only show i watch and i loved Roadhouse last year.

Though i might consider going for Ian because i loved LOST.

I haven't bought a ticket yet because of the whole '3 shows' thing. Also i think it's good to know which guests are going before you buy the ticket because then you can get excited :thumbup:

oh gosh you have no idea how much I hope its Ian!

I'm so torn. I do and I don't want it to be Ian. I could do with not going to this because I got made redundant and shouldn't be spending money until I find another job. But If Ian is announced, I will have to go.

• Moderators

If guests are hard to secure for that then I am sure the same is true for Roadhouse.

One event really doesn't reflect any others to be honest. Each date is individual, and EMS being cancelled doesn't change the likelihood of this one being cancelled.

We all know how even a week difference in an event date can mean a big guest is available, so anything is possible.

I understand the many complex reasons mentioned that are behind the delays but I'm now beginning to get less excited.

While I'm desperately hoping this Con goes ahead (and please excuse the sentiment - but right now I don't even care a jot about this big, rare, special guest as ANY guest from any of the three shows would be a blessing) it really feels like we're going to lose this one too. :/

I'm wondering who on Earth this extra special guest might be though as no one individual person spans all three shows so far as I'm aware. Oh well, we have a couple more days to wait for an announcement. I hope against hope that I'm wrong our lovely Showmasters.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts. *crosses fingers, toes, eyes, arms and legs*

KC