ok here is something to get your teeth into

showmasters

would you pay the going rate ?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. please only fill in one section thanks

• £250 sorry i would not pay that much for an autograph
    • £250 ok its the price and i need one and i would pay this for an autograph
    • £250 its the price and i need x 2 of them
    • £250 i would buy x 4 as its an investment
    • £250 i would buy x 10 as its an investment
    • i would buy more than 10 at this price
    • i think he should buy my autograph of me for 10% of that :-)
    • i can only afford for him to right BU & the ZZ ALDRIN will have to be paid for next month
    • i can remember when his auto was only £95 and you could get 10 cola sweets for 5p etc etc

• Showmasters Admin

Buzz Aldrin is 81 years old

retired United States Air Force pilot and astronaut

was the Lunar Module pilot on Apollo 11, the first manned lunar landing in history

he was the second human being to set foot on the Moon

so my point is this in the US Buzz is getting $400 per autograph and people are happy to pay that .

now thats £250 odd over here , and thats the price , so the question is if we did get him to come over here again which will be hard , would you want the opportunity to meet him and would you buy an auto from him if it came out at this price ?

and remember thats his price , we are not charging this its what it costs

please fill out only one of the sections in this poll it will help us to work out what you want in the future .

this is going to be interesting

and please remember its not us that make up the prices ;)

jason :huh:

ok jason, I wouldnt as im not much of an autograph collector, if i was a collector then I would pay that, but I would pay over the odds for a photo shoot, tell me the price of the shoot? Id pay over 100 for sure for a photo with buzz, more? probably yes I would, for buzz.

ok jason, I wouldnt as im not much of an autograph collector, if i was a collector then I would pay that, but I would pay over the odds for a photo shoot, tell me the price of the shoot? Id pay over 100 for sure for a photo with buzz, more? probably yes I would, for buzz.
I'm not saying that it would be the case here but bear in mind that photo shoots are usually the same cost as autographs. Sometimes slightly more.

Although with astronauts the photoshoot is usually no more than £25, in fact I believe £25 was the price for Buzz last time he appeared when his signature fee was £95.

Thats been the same for the likes of Tom Stafford, Dave Scott and Jim Lovell who all have signing fees at the £95 or over mark.

Agree with the above. I'd pay £100 for a photoshoot with Buzz - but im not a space autograph collector. I would be willing to pay £250+ for a decent Hollywood name though!!!!

Edited by keithporter23

to be honest im not into collecting autographs from astronots.. but if i was then i would deffo pay it . i hate to sound abit harsh but buzz wont be doing signings soon so i think if yer a big space fan grab it now . its nice to see jason and co trying to get the big stars for us keep up the good work guys

It would possibly depend which other astronauts were at any given show as to whether I would have an item signed by him.

If it was only him or one or two others that I felt I didn't need any more items signed by then I probably would get a photo signed by him. However if it came to a choice between one Buzz Aldrin or a Gene Cernan and Al Bean then I would go for the Cernan and Bean signatures as I have not met either of them before.

I would pay that. Definately.

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from happy about paying it. It's way overpriced, can't really afford it and would have to probably borrow to pay for it, or sacrifice some other pleasure.

But to my own personal opinion he's a legend. Plus he's old now. The chances to meet him are running out.

Alas he's ALMOST priced himself out of the market these days, the casual autograph collector won't part with that sort of cash (unless they're well off), so it's down to us interested in space and astronomy to do the best we can.

If I were showmasters I'd try and sew up a deal to get him over and announce him ASAP to give people time to save up - announcing him late on wouldn't help anyone. And try to get home relief with his fee - a BOGOF would be great! (or seriously, get him to drop his outreagous add-on fees at least). Times are hard!

So I would say please bring him back for one last time.

Another poster made a good point about being willing to part with that sort of cash for a hollywood star, so I ask the people who said they won't pay for buzz, would you pay 250 for someone you REALLY wanted to meet?

All the best

I personally could not justify paying that much money for Dr Aldrins autograph, luckily when he attended in 2005 I was able to meet him then and attain his autograph for £95 but in all fairness he is pricing himself out of the market.

Plus why is there talk on here that the photo shoot is going to cost £100 did I miss something as all photo shoots in the past have cost £25, in fact my daughter and I had our photo with Tom Stafford and Alexei Leonov last year for £40 which I think was very good.

Anyway Ed Mitchell is booked how about Charlie Duke, Alan Bean for LMPs and Dick Gordon, Al Worden as CMPs, they have to be my favourites and reasonable prices too.

Plus why is there talk on here that the photo shoot is going to cost £100 did I miss something......

Nobody said photoshoots were going to be £100, it was mentioned that people would be willing to pay £100 for a photoshoot if they had to (namely timelord81r and myself; but we're both mainly photoshoot people)....

Edited by keithporter23

no - couldn't justify the cost.

Would settle for a photoshoot if £100 or less.

Yes, I agree. I don't think I can rise to Buzz's signing prices, but I would avail myself of a photoshoot at a more modest fee.

Edited by descartes

I personally feel Buzz would be a fantastic guest to bring over again!

I would certainly go for a photoshoot and would definitely consider getting an autograph as this would be a once in a lifetime oppurtunity for me!

Go for it,SM! :D

This was the nicest comment I ever have read on this forum.

Otherwise its almost only discussions about how its 10 or 15 for a special guest.

Who cares??

I would peronally pay £300 for Buzz.

£250 to Mr.Aldrin and £50 to the crew of Autographica!

Many greetings from Sweden !!

(A great risk to reveal the identity) :dance:

Sorry to break it to you folks but i do not want to be the one who destroys people's dreams but I do consider that paying such a high amount of money for an autograph is definitely not worth it. In my opinion, no one in his/her right mind, even for someone that famous, would pay such an obscene amount of money for an authograph. I still think I have not lost my common sense and my priorities in life. With that amount of money, I can buy food, pay for my council tax and other things that are much more important in my daily life. Anyone, of course, is entitled to one's opinion and I will not discourage anyone to go for it! Everyone has his/her own priorities, especially in these difficult times ahead of us where jobs are scarce and money even more!

Edited by denis007

Sorry but there is no way I can afford or justify paying that amount of money for an autograph at this moment in time, but there again if I win the lottery it won't be a problem. Dependant on a price, and we have all sorts of prices mentioned that people are willing to pay, I might consider a photoshoot, as I will have to pay for two photos, as it will be with the Wife and I.

Also, they could set a minimum price for autographs and photoshoots, and if people think it is worth more they can pay more :)