ok which shuttle crew would you like to start with ?

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

i know most of you are going to say the guys that were involved with Apollo i know that but lets think a little out the box on this one as we do need to think it though as again some of them are getting older and it would be good to get as many as we can over the years .

its a bit like the early Nasa guys when autographica started you could get lots of them but as time gos on it gets much harder , so lets star now and remember its now 30 year sins the first shuttle was launched on April 12, 1981 so i really think there is something to go for here .

Eileen Marie Collins she was the first female pilot and first female commander of a Space Shuttle

Ulf Dietrich Merbold was the first West German citizen and second German native to fly in space

and some of the missions are important too and the crews of these missions would be great to meet .

1983 November 28 STS-9 First six-person crew, first Spacelab.

2002, March 1 STS-109 Hubble Space Telescope service mission

1992-05-07 STS-49 First flight of Endeavour: Capture and redepIntelsat VI. First three-man EVA, longest US EVA since Apollo 17.

1998-12-04 STS-88 International Space Station assembly mission (assembled the Unity Module (Node 1), first American component of the ISS)

1990 April 24 STS-31 Launch of Hubble Space Telescope (HST).

1998 October 29 STS-95 SPACEHAB, second flight of John Glenn, Pedro Duque becomes first Spaniard in space

18 October 1989 STS-34 Deployed the Galileo probe bound for Jupiter.

to name just a few

so let come up with some names to go after

jason :whistling:

Story Musgrave would be FANTASTIC!: I think he flew on all six Shuttle airframes!

Would be more than happy with this one!

Mike Mullane wrote an excellent book on his experiences as a shuttle era astronaut so he would be great to see at the show. Someone like 'Hoot' Gibson as well. Not sure if Bob Crippen is disposed towards events like this but given he was on the first flight of the Shuttle I would think he would be popular. Hank Hartsfield would probably do a decent amount of business as well.

I also wonder about astronauts who flew on Skylab. I know you are looking to focus on the Shuttle and a lot of these chaps were selected in the Apollo era but the likes of Jerry Carr and Ed Gibson were good to have along with slightly lower signing fees, maybe some of those could be looked at.

Don't forgot the others europeans astronauts. Especially french astronauts.

Jean-Loup Chretien, 1st west european in space who have 3 flights. One with Space Shuttle and 2 with Soyouz

Patrick Baudry, the &st french in space Shuttle

Philippe Perrin, flew with STS-111 and now Airbus Chief test pilot

The others french astronauts who have flew with shuttle still work with ESA, so can't sure they have the right to come

Some others europeans flew with shuttle

The great advantage is all these people speak english

For others space shuttle guest, Jack Lousma and Paul Weitz (all together flew in skylab and as shuttle commander), Eileen Collins, Sally Ride, etc...

and some cosmonauts flew with Shuttle

• 2 months later...

Colonel Joe Kittinger would make a great guest.

He was, after all, the first person to go into space!

For shuttle astronauts, Winston Scott is a great speaker and is a famous spacewalker due to his EVA picture being widely promoted.

And not forgetting Boris Volynov - a popular guest at a much earlier Autographica in Northampton and a man with a great story to tell.

Also, some of the Skylab guys we haven't yet seen in the Uk would be good - Joe Kerwin, Owen Garriott, Bill Pogue or maybe Paul Weitz again?

Edited by MartinS

• 1 month later...