who do you want to meet from WW2

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

who do you want to meet from WW2

come on lets all have a think about who is out there ?

we are still luck to be able to still meet people from WW2 most are in there 80s to 90s and this next 5 years will be the last few years to meet them really so if you care to meet them , lets all see who is still around to invite .

i know there is still battle of briton pilots we have not meet yet so i am going to go after them asap

your thoughts

and if you have some names please put them on here and we will look for them

also the first ASA guys if there are any of them around would be amazing to meet

anyway lets all have a think

any input will be helpful

jason :whistling:

Battle of Britain pilots will always be a winner for me.

I'd also like to see any of the WW2 era SAS as well, I'm not sure how many of Stirling's Originals are still alive but if any one them where they would be great to have along. There was a series on something like the History Channel or Discovery channel a while back which looked to have recent interviews with a number soldiers who served in the SAS later in the war.

Would also like to see any other WW2 Special Forces (in fact Special Forces in general, I seem to remember Robin Horsfall being very popular when he did a show a while back).

People who served in the SOE would be very interesting if they were of a mind to do an event like this. Along a similar vein Lysander pilots who flew in and dropped off agents into occupied Europe would be good to see.

I agree with Timelord, any of the veterans featured in Band of Brothers would be good to have along, not sure how many of them would be in good enough health to attend though.

I have asked for these guests on several occasions please could you try and get any Polish fighter pilots from WW2.

They are the forgotton heros of the BOB.

Some people of the Normandie-Niemen squadron are still alive and made sometimes some conferences in Paris. So why not in London

I like the sound of both of these suggestions.

I would love to see the Lancaster crew but I would love to meet one of the Doolittle Raiders. There are now only 5 left Richard E Cole,Thomas C Griffin,Robert L Hite,Edward J Saylor and David J Thatcher. Morris R Jeppson(if still with us) :D from the Enola Gay would be a good one as well.

I would love to meet some of the SOEs ( men + ladies )

bomber comand crews always good ( contact them via RAF HENDON BOMBER COMAND )

any LUFWAFFE pilots would be great aswell

BAND OF BROTHERS guys a big YES to that if you can

IF YOU could get any of the ENOLA GAY crew over to the uk 1 more time it would be amazing

All BOB pilots

John Keatings, Nigel Rose, Michael Wainwright, Bob Foster, John Freeborn, Graham Leggett, Ken Wilkinson, George Swanick, Paul Farnes, David Denchfield, Owen Burns, Gerald Stapleton, Peter Hairs, John Ellacombe,

Len Davies, Terry Clark, Tony Pickering, Ken Lee, Jimmy Corbin, Tim Elkington, George Unwin,

Tony Iveson, Tom Neil, Peter Olver, Peter Dawbarn

and Geoffrey Wellum

• 1 month later...

How about Bert Trautmann, he served as a paratrooper in World War Two and then went on to have a pretty distinguished career as a professional footballer with Man City (he famously played the last 15 minutes with a broken neck in the 1956 FA Cup final).

He has done a signing show before so he may be interested in doing another one, just occurs that with his military service and football career he might be of interest to a couple of groups of people.

Don't know how many are still around, but how about POWs who escaped from Colditz? Would be a nice tie in with Edward Hardwicke if you could eventually get him!

On that theme perhaps

Robert Wagner

David McCallum

Bernard Hepton

Hans Meyer

• 3 months later...