The Hilton Breakfast

yellowmarlin

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing I love about hotel brekkies is the pastries especially the sweet ones! When else do I get the chance to gorge myself on cakes that early in the morning! Am definitely going to enjoy it more this time round. I was ill last time so everything tasted nasty and I had no appetite :YAHOO:

I have a love/hate relationship with those scrambled eggs. They taste divine but almost always make me feel sick :D

Me too, every time I say "don't let me eat the eggs" I do then end up ill for a while.

so......... DON'T LET ME EAT THE EGGS!!!!!!

:D

Sounds silly, but I just don't think the scrambled eggs are "eggy" enough :WINCE:

They must put Alot of milk in, they are quite mushy.. I prefer them with only a little milk.. But seen as it's the Hilton I'm probably the one that's in the wrong with how I cook them :D

Oh and scrambled? Think your brains been fried :o;)

Sounds silly, but I just don't think the scrambled eggs are "eggy" enough :P

They must put Alot of milk in, they are quite mushy.. I prefer them with only a little milk.. But seen as it's the Hilton I'm probably the one that's in the wrong with how I cook them :P

Oh and scrambled? Think your brains been fried :o;)

You worded that so perfectly. That's exactly what's wrong with the eggs... and they are wobbley too, like perhaps not cooked ENOUGH... not a complaint at all because I know a lot of places cook them like this, I like my eggs a little more well done... which is why I have the fried ones... OH MY YUM.

And the salami, the baby bells... everything. Perfect.

Sounds silly, but I just don't think the scrambled eggs are "eggy" enough ^_^

They must put Alot of milk in, they are quite mushy..

You worded that so perfectly. That's exactly what's wrong with the eggs... and they are wobbley too, like perhaps not cooked ENOUGH...

More like a catering trick - they're not undercooked, but if you put a bit more milk with them, they last longer in the bain-marie; if you make them "drier" and firmer like you would like, then they'll godry and hard and horrible quicker, meaning they have to replace them more often if they're not eaten promptly, or cook smaller amounts more often. Make them "wetter" and most people won't mind and you cut down waste and/or having to cook more frequent batches...