next guest coming soon

showmasters

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I doubt they've been abducted.

The most likely thing is that they read this thread, and cried so much that unfortunately they drowned in their own tears, thus making it impossible to finalise any contracts.

You only have yourselves to blame. I hope many of you feel shame. SHAME. YES WITH CAPITALS.

It would be nice to hear some news even if it's not a name. I know that Roadhouse attendees are wsiting as well. What's the point of promoting ET6 or asking us to promote ET5. Always posts for "we need to sell more tickets" ( I understand cons are a buisness)?

3 weeks ago, you told us there will be an announcement soon, it was 3 weeks ago!!!

Then TooTall said that we would hear something in the next couple of days, it was a week ago!

I know that for ET4, we had plenty of guests and you managed to replace the 4 cancellations.

YES, we still have time before the con. We were told we would get 6guests(minimum) and people are worring with this long silence that it might not be happening.

Like for Roadhouse etc, a little message would be appreciated to the people who have spent money for these events.

PS: if you go to the cons for your friends or parties, please do not answer back.(have read your arguments, nice meeting people etc but some people implied that guests are not important) Some people are spending money firstly for the guests. I know we all go there for different reasons and I don't want people giving their same opinions as before. Am jyst saying do not reply if it is to say the same thing. Am just writing how I feel, am a bit tired of having no news.

Edited by Myself205

• Moderators

Unfortunately "soon" can be delayed by a lot of things - and they certainly won't give up until they HAVE to, so if there's been nothing then you can assume they're still working as hard as they can to organise everything. Sometimes things unfortunately take far longer to finalise.

They'll likely not post until they have something completed either way, so that you're not just left hanging with another "it'll be soon!" or something. It's like when some guests cancel - this won't be announced until every possible avenue has been explored for them attending the events. ME are very good at trying to work things out wherever possible.

At the end of the day this is my view on things

positve -

If any one remebers back in the ET4 Fourum they said that if they got a big guest they probally woudnt annouce it.

Negative- Showmasters is a bussieness so profit is their main priority

If they havent sold many tickets and they have abig guest that is going to cost a fourtune dont you think they would have sed somthing to try and sell more tickets ? as it is not in thier intrest to lose money

Lastly they are fimlimg breaking dawn so in my eyes you are lucky to get any guests at all.

Maybe showmasters should just honstly tell us if thier is much hope of getting another two guests, beaucse at the end of the say we are the people throwing money into thier pockets and if they are not deliving well then they are going to get a repuation and the ET conventions will fall down the hole.

That is my view :) x

Maybe showmasters should just honstly tell us if thier is much hope of getting another two guests, beaucse at the end of the say we are the people throwing money into thier pockets and if they are not deliving well then they are going to get a repuation and the ET conventions will fall down the hole.

There will be another two guests. SM always have a backup plan.

I can only assume that the guest they are waiting for at the moment is someone that will really make a lot of attendees happy. So they will keep trying until the very last minute until they really can not wait any longer.

I bet SM won't be posting a thread with the word 'soon' in ever again :clap:

Well, "soon" in Jason time can mean a lot of things. :(

I can only assume that the guest they are waiting for at the moment is someone that will really make a lot of attendees happy. So they will keep trying until the very last minute until they really can not wait any longer.

After ET4, I will never again doubt their ability to rescue a seemingly hopeless situation. I have complete faith that there will be 6 guests at ET5 and, while I'd love to know now who the other 2 are, I don't doubt that they'll be there.

After ET4, I will never again doubt their ability to rescue a seemingly hopeless situation. I have complete faith that there will be 6 guests at ET5 and, while I'd love to know now who the other 2 are, I don't doubt that they'll be there.

Couldn't agree more :clap:

Damn!!! I was really hoping for Alexander Skarsgård...

:(

Haha me too :clap:

Damn.Me three :P

And me :(

Agreed.

Edited by chimmykins

I know that lots of people are getting worried but please let them work their magic, they will come through for us. They could be working on a bigger guest right now but maybe they won't have a def answer until later this week, possibly next week, would you rather that they gave up on that guest or kept trying?

We are all looking forward to finding out who is at the convention but we need to be patient, even though it's really hard.

xxx

I get that but telling us that the ticket sales were much lower than expected a month before the event is quite short notice if we are to spread the word and try and get people to buy them. We all do our best to tell other Twi fans about these events and we are already supporting them by attending.

I feel that one of the reasons for telling us if the tickets sold we would possibly get a bigger guest is that SM/ME know it's unlikely that they can get a bigger guest as if we did get a bigger guest the tickets would def sell.

We keep getting told that these events are going to get bigger and better, the only thing that seems to get bigger is the cost.

I totatally agree I am not attending this event because me and my friends just couldn't afford the ticket prices with the cost of the hotel too and by the look of things were glad because you've not got any bigger guest they all play smaller roles, although they are probably all lovely people(daniel is met him), and there are only 4 guest currently, the amount of guests at each event are dwindeling. Me and my friend are considering attending the next one if there will be one, im guessing it would be around september time cos thats wen they usually are but we are hoping that the guest will be better and hopefull people we haven't me cos ive met charlie three times now(although im not complaining ;D) Fingers crossed.

One thing though you can never complain about at et's are that the atmosphere and the whole experience is bluudi awesome! LMAO :clap:

*Edited to sort out the quote box for you

Edited by Rhianydd