How things work

Too Tall

I have done the meet and greets at HW1 and HW2 it was too cramped in the small room and i couldn't hear a thing. I attended a con at the Raddisson Edwardian 5 months ago (sorry ME please don't shoot me :D ) and it was a sit down affair. There is a large room already set up with round tables and it was farrrrrrr better. Yes it was a game of pass the guest but it WAS NOT AT ALL RIDGED as ME seems to think, it was still totally informal. All the guests were relaxed and everyone at the table got to ask a question and chat. The thing I liked most is that there were no strict rules about it only being for an hour. The guests took their time and got round everyone in their own time, it was awesome. While we were waiting for guests we just chatted with ev1 around the table to pass the time. I had an amazing weekend. Nearly as good as an ME event. :D

:D:D:D:D

So looking forward to HW3 :wub:

Edited by vampirellie

Not sure where else to find this info so posting here sorry if its not the right place

I have a friend who can no longer attend due to illness, who do we need to send an email to so i can get her autographs for her at the events.

many thanks

Probably best to e-mail Yvie at info@collectormania.com but when I did this for a friend at ET5, they asked me to bring a letter from her giving me her authorisation to collect her registration pack and autographs for her, so you should definitely get that sorted too.

Edited by yellowmarlin

If you're a Silver ticket, is your autograph pre-bought or do you just get a free picture to get signed?

If you're Silver, you get one photo and one autograph included in the price. You get a free photo, but you aren't obliged to get the autograph on that.

Hoping some from SM will see this. I do not have a ticket yet but wanted to know whether I could turn up on Sunday morning and buy my ticket and participate in the auto sessions and photo sessions that morning?

I guess my main questions (and apologies if these are elsewhere)...will I still be able to get a Silver ticket on Sunday morning? If so, what time would I need to be there? Then, what time do the photoshoots and auto sessions begin?

I hope someone can answer these for me...I didn't think I could attend (and almost cannot) but could make Sunday morning until early afternoon. I assume I would need to pay with cash for the ticket Sunday morning?

• Moderators

Photo and auto sessions usually begin around 9am (sometimes later). I'm pretty sure you should be able to just turn up and buy a ticket at any point after about 8ish Sunday morning (Tickets for HW4 will be going on sale that morning so be sure to make it clear what you want to buy!)

They do (usually at least) have a card machine so you might be able to pay by card.

Hoping some from SM will see this. I do not have a ticket yet but wanted to know whether I could turn up on Sunday morning and buy my ticket and participate in the auto sessions and photo sessions that morning?

I guess my main questions (and apologies if these are elsewhere)...will I still be able to get a Silver ticket on Sunday morning? If so, what time would I need to be there? Then, what time do the photoshoots and auto sessions begin?

I hope someone can answer these for me...I didn't think I could attend (and almost cannot) but could make Sunday morning until early afternoon. I assume I would need to pay with cash for the ticket Sunday morning?

You can purchase tickets on the day, either with cash or card. The schedule has not been announced yet but normally the auto/photo sessions starts around 9am, with registration from 8am onwards.

You can purchase tickets on the day, either with cash or card. The schedule has not been announced yet but normally the auto/photo sessions starts around 9am, with registration from 8am onwards.

You are my saviour on this forum :lol: Thank you for the quick reply. That sounds great and I can get there before 9 on the Sunday. Do you happen to know whether tickets will still be available? (Obviously I realise you cannot guarantee anything, just wondering if it's likely there will still be tickets left). To be honest, getting autos will be my main priority :)

Thanks again for your help :D

You are my saviour on this forum :lol: Thank you for the quick reply. That sounds great and I can get there before 9 on the Sunday. Do you happen to know whether tickets will still be available? (Obviously I realise you cannot guarantee anything, just wondering if it's likely there will still be tickets left). To be honest, getting autos will be my main priority :)

Thanks again for your help :D

On another thread, it was stated that they've sold less than half the available tickets, so there should be plenty left on Sunday.

On another thread, it was stated that they've sold less than half the available tickets, so there should be plenty left on Sunday.

Thanks for that...really appreciate your post...I guess all being well I will see some of you Sunday morning :lol:

Can someone please clarify about the meet and greet - will it be standing or seated?

I'm hoping its seated as then everyone will have a chance to talk to the guests, last years standing m+g was just awful, only got a chance to talk to 2 guests, rest of time I was at the back and couldn't even see the guests

• Showmasters Admin

Can someone please clarify about the meet and greet - will it be standing or seated?

I'm hoping its seated as then everyone will have a chance to talk to the guests, last years standing m+g was just awful, only got a chance to talk to 2 guests, rest of time I was at the back and couldn't even see the guests

Our meet and greets are always standing.

Last years was (as I explained at the time) in a room much smaller than it should have been, as the hotel gave us the wrong room (another reason we're not there this time). We usually have double the number of tables needed so the groups are much smaller and everyone gets to meet the guests. This system works fine with 150 golds at Twlight and Stargate events. I assure you with the right amount of room it will be fine. This years will be better, but I'm afraid it will not be seated.

Just a quick question, and to just double check I won't be getting to the event until Saturday morning am I still alright to register at this time?

Oh and with regards to the group photo shoot is there a limit to how many are going to be sold?

Just a quick question, and to just double check I won't be getting to the event until Saturday morning am I still alright to register at this time?

Oh and with regards to the group photo shoot is there a limit to how many are going to be sold?

yeah you can still register on Saturday