How things work

Too Tall

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think there should be a chair in the photo studio at every show for me :lol::lol:

I agree. You can help the crew out with people's bags etc.

Yeah, cos that can be quite a hard job ;)

It would be for him - being that close to photo shoots all day long and not being able to take part :thumbup:

Can you tell me can i buy an extra autograph of rda.

As is stands there will not be extra RDA in-person autographs on sale. There may be extra RDA pre-signed autographs available to purchase at the event though.

Mark explains it better :wub:

4). We do not anticipate there being any in-person extra autographs available from Richard. As I have said above Richard is not signing in-person for Standards due to time constraints so it would be unfair for him to then sign extras for Gold and Silver ticket holders. There is nowhere to take that time from as Richard is keen to be involved properly in the event which means all the normal things we all want to see such as photo sessions, talks etc.

5). We do envisage having extra autographs for sale that Richard has pre-signed on a variety of different images. This will enable people to get extra autographs should they want them for friends or whatever but you will not get to meet Richard when purchasing these.

Edit: I forgot to say if you would like to read the rest then that quote was taken from the first post here http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=65077

Edited by 1of2

I'm currently arranging travel for coming down Friday, but it won't be until late at night. Do we know if Richard is going to be there for the opening ceremony on Friday at all yet?
I believe the intention is that he will be there all weekend but as with any guest that is subject to change. For example a simple traffic jam could stop a guest from missing the opening ceremony. That has happened before, as recently as a few weeks ago at ET5 I think.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for that. I have only ever been to one Convention before and that was the first one RDA did. So all this is very new to me so forgive me for any stupid questions I ask:-))

Do we have a chair to sit on at the table when RDA is signing his autograph or do we stand?

Also a lady called Queen Sindel talked about the "Virtual queue system" what is that?

Questions are always welcome.

Personally I have never seen a seat by the autograph table. Generally speaking you are not really there for a long amount of time (10 seconds to 60 seconds on average), it does vary from guest to guest though and depends on available time, how chatty they/you are, how busy their queue is etc.

VQ system - you are allocated a group based on your ticket number, for example Gold tickets 1-30 are Group A, Gold 31-60 will be Group B and so on. This group is used to determine when you can go up and collect your autographs from a specific guest (and also attend the photo shoto sessions). You can not go up until your group has been called. In the case of autographs you don't need to go up straight away and can joing the queue at any point after your group has been called. With photo shoots you need to join as soon as your group is called or you may miss out on that.

The schedule will list what approximate times your group will be called to the various guests. This is usually posted on here in the week leading up to the event. Have a look here at the last event schedule for an idea of how it works http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=64802

Thank you for your reply. After reading it and being able to see a past schedule, it all makes a lot more sense.

Looking at the past schedule it appears that all guests do a chat each day and a joint chat. Knowing how much RDA seems to love being on stage - will he be doing the same at this event?

I hope so as it would without doubt make it a very special weekend, because if I am honest, RDA being a guest is the reason I am coming along, so the chance to see him on stage as much as possible having fun will be great.

In the past (unless a guest has attended one day only) all guests have done a talk both days, yes.

If I recall correctly Mark has said that the plan was that RDA will be involved on all days too.

Thank you, that sounds great, just what I wanted to hear, lots of RDA :YAHOO:

I do have a question regarding the Gold Pass drinks reception. Will there be cards with names on the tables to tell us where to sit, or can we chose freely? If it is the former - can we request being sat together with friends? We bought our tickets individually, so have not the same ticket numbers, but would appreciate if we could send a list of our names to somebody so we end up at the same table? I'm talking about three, maybe five people here.

Thank you!

There's usually a certain number of tables for people to gather round. The tables are like those bar tables by the way and you stand around them. The tables are not assigned by numbers, you can choose freely. In fact most group of friends stick together just like you want to do it. That's the same way my friends and I do it too by the way. :YAHOO:

• Showmasters Admin

Astra, It's bascially as QS said.

We'll likely have 12 tables (so around 12 at each table), as QS said they are tall tables to be stood at rather than sat at (but should anyone have an issue we can sort out a chair for them). You are free to stand at any table you want.

We then bring each guest to every table.

Thank you both very much for the fast replies! With all the different convention organizers, things like this always are handled differently, and this will be my first Chevron. I'll pass the info on to my friends, then!

Thought it was going to be seated tables this time so bit disappointed. The last two times I went gold I duly stood at a table and missed guests both times as I stayed where I was rather than chasing the guests around like others did - so one time I missed David Hewlett which was a big disappointment.

So this time if I have to move about to see all the guests I want then I will do that - just seems like more work for everyone though.

Can't you consider having twelve tables with seating so we can all stay put and the guests aren't chased around and hounded?

I have a question about registration times. I still don't know whether I'll get the Friday off work (I didn't even work Fridays when I bought my ticket... a timetable change has thrown a very large spanner into the works!), so I may be there quite late. Does anyone have an idea of when registration will be open until on the Friday night, and will it be open again on the Saturday morning if I'm there too late on Friday?

Cheers

• Showmasters Admin

Thought it was going to be seated tables this time so bit disappointed. The last two times I went gold I duly stood at a table and missed guests both times as I stayed where I was rather than chasing the guests around like others did - so one time I missed David Hewlett which was a big disappointment.

So this time if I have to move about to see all the guests I want then I will do that - just seems like more work for everyone though.

Can't you consider having twelve tables with seating so we can all stay put and the guests aren't chased around and hounded?

The ones you've been to have likely been smaller ones (less than 80 gold pass holders) were we've not been as strict, and just allowed the guests to wonder as they please (with a GA). I'm sorry you missed some guests. There should always be plenty of crew in the room, if you're ever in that situation again please do tell one of the crew (or me) and we'll make sure you see those guests.

At the larger events like Twilight we are a lot more strict. We have the 12 tables and each guest is brought to each table. So as long as you stay at your table, you WILL receive ALL of the guests.

There are 2 issues with it being seated:

1: There is a huge issue with space if we sit everyone. We would need at least double if not triple the space to sit everyone instead of standing.

2: ME want it to be a drinks reception and not seated meet and great. It's always been the idea that it's informal and not really really ridged, which if everyone is seated it turns from being an informal drinks reception into a "pass the guest" party. With having 12 tables and bringing each guest to each table it's already got slightly more ridged but that's really as far as we want it to go.

People may disagree but ME don't want it to get too ridged.

Hi, i'm new to Chevron cons, and was wondering how do you go about or who do i notify about the fact that i have a disability? It's just me that will be attending and while i am no longer in a wheelchair, walking and standing can present a problem for me at times. (even though i hate to admit it!)

Thanks, Tammy :D

Hi, i'm new to Chevron cons, and was wondering how do you go about or who do i notify about the fact that i have a disability? It's just me that will be attending and while i am no longer in a wheelchair, walking and standing can present a problem for me at times. (even though i hate to admit it!)

Thanks, Tammy :D

Hi Tammy,

The best thing to do is ask to speak to TooTall when you arrive at the event. He will be able to help you out with any concerns you may have.