How things work

Too Tall

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Too Tall, I'm not entirely sure how it works with the scheduling but it seemed this weekend that most of the Gold and Silver went through on Saturday for photos? or does it not work like that every time and is more based on the number of attendees? I suppose there are likely more tickets sold in the end for Chev compared to ET5... :( to be honest then I'm not bothered on buying a second photo if it's likely to be on the same day as it defeats the point in my doing so!

I suppose I could wait for the schedule to be released but then there might not be any photos left urg!:D :D

@ 1 of 2, no I don't like the photo cause my eyes don't look right :( I look squinty and/or exhausted meh :D wasn't happy cause I know they took several photos and they told me that the one they printed was the best one but they wouldn't let me look at the others which annoyed me cause I wasn't happy and what they perceive as the best photo isn't necessarily the same as what I perceive seeing as the photo is of me!!! :uhoh: when you pay over $400 and they go on and on about how amazing their customer care is it just made the whole thing super annoying!!!

anyways thanks for the swift reply!

surfy sah xx

Newbie with a silver ticket......I am walking disabled (with M.E/Fibro) and a bit worried bout queing, especially for autographs and photo shoots. So if anyone could help me (from worrying that I'll use the little energy I have just waiting in line (did that at another con through a different company and only managed to stay the first day) so I want to be prepared).

Also is there seating in the main hall for the disabled

Thanks

• Moderators

Newbie with a silver ticket......I am walking disabled (with M.E/Fibro) and a bit worried bout queing, especially for autographs and photo shoots. So if anyone could help me (from worrying that I'll use the little energy I have just waiting in line (did that at another con through a different company and only managed to stay the first day) so I want to be prepared).

Also is there seating in the main hall for the disabled

Thanks

I have been to several SM/ME cons with a friend of mine who has ME, and they always let her basically just sit at the side somewhere while I queue, so she only has to do the last minute or so of each queue - if you don't have someone you are going with then I'm sure they could sort out something similar with you so you don't have to do lots of standing and queuing. Disabled attendees (and carers where applicable) are also allowed into the talk halls first so they don't have to stand and wait - you will be directed to sit somewhere that roughly corresponds with your ticket number (so if you had silver ticket 150, say, then you would be a few rows back in the silver area)

ETA: Make sure you make yourself known to TooTall (he's hard to miss) as soon as you can when you get to the con, as he will be the one who can make sure that the crew know of your queuing requirements.

Edited by etmuse

Please ask to speak to TooTall once you arrive at the event, he will help you.

In general I can add the following because I've been on crutches for the last show:

For photo shoots disabled can go in first, no waiting in line. If you can't stand until the shoot starts ask crew there for a chair, they will be happy to get you one.

You are familiar with the Virtual Queue system? That minimizes the time you'll spend in line for autographs. I could stand short periods of time, so joining the line when my group was called minimized the problem for me. If this is not an option for you again crew will absolutely sort you out there.

Disabled and their carers can also go in the hall first. There is no specific seating area for disabled attendees. You can pick your seat for the area your ticket is for. So if you're Silver 10 that would be first row of the silver tickets.

I think at Chevron 7.2 another disabled attendee asked for a seat to be put up at the back of the hall because that was easier for her, but I can't say for sure anymore. Maybe a crew member remembers.

You will have no problems, you have my word on that. I came to the last event with two freshly broken toes and everyone looked after me extremely well.

ghostdancer as someone with mobility problems I can tell you from personal experience that the staff in the autograph halls are really helpful and will make sure you get a seat if you need one - that was certainly done for myself at the last con and the people in the queue were great keeping my place until my turn was getting near the front

• Showmasters Admin

@ Too Tall, I'm not entirely sure how it works with the scheduling but it seemed this weekend that most of the Gold and Silver went through on Saturday for photos? or does it not work like that every time and is more based on the number of attendees? I suppose there are likely more tickets sold in the end for Chev compared to ET5... :( to be honest then I'm not bothered on buying a second photo if it's likely to be on the same day as it defeats the point in my doing so!

surfy sah xx

I do usually try and get all of the gold and silver through the photos on Saturday but like at ET5 last weekend that just didn't make sense. It would have meant having 450 photos on Saturday and only 150 on Sunday. So I had some of the silver groups go through on Sunday.

Chevron 7.6 will be the same, what you have to remember is that for this event we have 600 gold and silver. That's 100 more people that defo need a photo shoot than even an ET event.

Lets say the event sells out and everyone gets a photo with RDA, that's 1000 photos, I'm not going to have all 600 gold and silver go through on Saturday for there to only be 400 on Sunday. It maybe we sell 800 tickets and so I'll look at 400 people per day and that'll mean 200 silver holders going through on Saturday.

Becuase in all honestly 600 photos in a day is too much for any guest.

It really depends what number you are. If you are in the first 200 silver you'll probably be fine.

I hate to ask a reeeeeally nooby question, but do people cosplay at the convention, during the day, or is that reserved for just the themed parties? I know it sounds silly, but I've been to many of the CM etc shows and of course seen MANY people in costumes, but in the few glimpses of action at a previous Chevron I saw in a video on YouTube I couldn't see anyone dressed up. I've never cosplayed, but my friend and I are up for a laugh so I just wanted to check we won't stand out like a sore thumb if no one else is costuming LOL :chair:

• Showmasters Admin

Like bandcat said, people do cosplay during the day, they like to come along to the photo shoots in costume etc. Let's just say you're very unlikely to be the only one's if you should come in cosplay.

Hi a have a silver ticket and my husband has a standard one can you tell me if we will be able to sit next to each other in the talks.Thanks

Yes. All you need to do is wait until his group is called into the hall for the talks and go in with him and you can both sit in the Standrad seating area. He will not be able to sit in the Silver seating area though.

There are areas set aside for each pass type and while Standard can not sit in Silver or Gold, it is fine for Silver to sit in Standard (and Gold to sit in Silver or Standard).

Hi a have a silver ticket and my husband has a standard one can you tell me if we will be able to sit next to each other in the talks.Thanks

You will be able to sit with your husband in the standard, but he won't be able to sit with you in the silver section.

I hope this appears in the right place, I am new at this and have just joined, so I am catching up!

I have been reading this thread and the questions from people not able to stand in line for autographs. As the Hilton has no shortage of chairs or space and we are called in groups of 30 - why can't we have a line of chairs so that we can either stand of sit if we need to?

That way nobody has to feel they need to ask for a chair, or have to sit out of the queue and feel a little isolated at not being part of the queue and the chat that will be taking place, they also don't have to go through asking and waiting for a chair. Just a thought:-))

We had one lady at ET who took her chair in the auto queue with her and remained with her friends :D

Thanks for that. I have only ever been to one Convention before and that was the first one RDA did. So all this is very new to me so forgive me for any stupid questions I ask:-))

Do we have a chair to sit on at the table when RDA is signing his autograph or do we stand?

Also a lady called Queen Sindel talked about the "Virtual queue system" what is that?

Thanks for that. I have only ever been to one Convention before and that was the first one RDA did. So all this is very new to me so forgive me for any stupid questions I ask:-))

Do we have a chair to sit on at the table when RDA is signing his autograph or do we stand?

Also a lady called Queen Sindel talked about the "Virtual queue system" what is that?

Questions are always welcome.

Personally I have never seen a seat by the autograph table. Generally speaking you are not really there for a long amount of time (10 seconds to 60 seconds on average), it does vary from guest to guest though and depends on available time, how chatty they/you are, how busy their queue is etc.

VQ system - you are allocated a group based on your ticket number, for example Gold tickets 1-30 are Group A, Gold 31-60 will be Group B and so on. This group is used to determine when you can go up and collect your autographs from a specific guest (and also attend the photo shoto sessions). You can not go up until your group has been called. In the case of autographs you don't need to go up straight away and can joing the queue at any point after your group has been called. With photo shoots you need to join as soon as your group is called or you may miss out on that.

The schedule will list what approximate times your group will be called to the various guests. This is usually posted on here in the week leading up to the event. Have a look here at the last event schedule for an idea of how it works http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=64802