Anyone going from Cornwall???

:help: Hi

I only found out about this yesterday (while skimming through Empire magazine yesterday) I would love to go, but live in Cornwall! Is there anyone from down here going, maybe we could go up together? I want to meet Val Kilmer and Tom Baker!

Any reply would be appreciated!

Best wishes

Ben

• 1 year later...

Hi, I live in Cornwall too. Are you going to C8 and if so have you arranged any travel, because I'm a bit stumped on what to do.I've looked at National Express, but it's incredibly dear, so it will be a last resort.

My email is

samjr1000@hotmail.com

And if you're going to C8, we can work out travel together.

I'm going with Nation Express now, cause it's not as dear as I first thought it was. It was because I'd put in that I had a NE bus card and was an adult, but it worked out the price as if it were one person with a bus card and one adult, so it's all sorted now.

ah right cool! hey look you joined the boards the same day as me! :blink:

I've alot of family in Cornwall and just curious to know where abouts you are coming from and if I may, how much the NE is costing? normally get a train from Cardiff to Truro and with a YP railcard it comes to about £30-£35 which isn't so bad! but it takes like 6/7hours :firedevil:

surfy sah xx

ahhhh good old Plym!

this might help for next time:

you can go to www.megabus.com (MB) and go from Plymouth to London from £1 each way plus a 50p booking fee

I wacked in friday to sunday of c8 and it was coming up as a fiver :(

only thing is you'd then have to get a tube/train from London Victoria to Euston to get to MK which is umm can't remember :( I get the MB from Cardiff to London which arrives just in time for me to switch buses to the Nottingham bus which goes via MK :(

might save you alot of money if you ever went to London or for LFaCC or if it was £1 each way and you fancied faffing about in London to save some money, for Collectormania too B)

surfy sah xx

eta: just checked, euston to MK is about 45mins and £13.50 young person's railcard return or £20 otherwise, tube is about 4stops and is £2 single so net time you could get there cheaper :(

Edited by surfy_sah

Thanks for that Surfy_Sah, I had looked at the Megabus but decided against it for 2 reasons. 1. I have college on the Friday and the Monday,so the travel doesn't fit to great, so I'd get to London at 1pm and then it would take a long time to get to C8, by the time I get there it'll be over. 2. I'm scared of London cause I don't know if hardley at all and I know I get lost.

Stinkyberm, thanks for your sympathies, but I've been to London and back in the same day, for LFACC 3 and the Batman Begins premiere, so I'm quite an expert on long jorneys. ;)