Latest WHO you've watched

timelord81r

23 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

I’ve caved in and gone back to watching 12th Doctor episodes, currently on The Lie of the Land

Interesting use of "caved" when what you actually mean is "was always going to" :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

May I enquire as to why you dislike the Monk trilogy? :D

Where to begin? The Silents take 2? The total under use of them? The self indulgence of the writing at this point? I am a HUGE Moffat fan but this was the first time I thought, know what Steven maybe it's time to move on. Too many "seen it already" ideas in these stories that made them a bit meh for me. Also (unlike my partner) I suck at watching TV shows and working out what is going to happen ahead of the revelations. Probably why I enjoy so much TV. These stories were predictable to me (again related to the Moffat "staleness") so not as much fun to watch.

21 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Where to begin? The Silents take 2? The total under use of them? The self indulgence of the writing at this point? I am a HUGE Moffat fan but this was the first time I thought, know what Steven maybe it's time to move on. Too many "seen it already" ideas in these stories that made them a bit meh for me. Also (unlike my partner) I suck at watching TV shows and working out what is going to happen ahead of the revelations. Probably why I enjoy so much TV. These stories were predictable to me (again related to the Moffat "staleness") so not as much fun to watch.

Fair enough. I do agree with Moffatt's deteriorating quality in writing by this stage, and the third epsiode especially suffers from that. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
39 minutes ago, Dr.1963 said:

Have re-watched Listen, prepping for Jenna at LFCC, and have come out from ehhhh to :wub:, don't know why I didn't love it before!

giphy.gif

Listen in an amazing episode, glad you enjoy it more now. :thumbup:

I really need to watch more Who but things keep on getting in the way of my marathon. :unsure: Eventually I'll finish it. :lol:

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just re-watched The Mind Robber today. Not one I revisit regularly but for some reason I really enjoyed it. I know its not that popular in fandom but the strangeness appeals to me. Poignant to see Hamish Wilson too after him dying last week from this damned virus.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ravogd said:

Just re-watched The Mind Robber today. Not one I revisit regularly but for some reason I really enjoyed it. I know its not that popular in fandom but the strangeness appeals to me. Poignant to see Hamish Wilson too after him dying last week from this damned virus.

The Mind Robber is one I always enjoy watching. Really well paced across all 5 episode, unlike a lot of the 60s stories. I didn't know that about Hamish, that's sad to hear.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

The Mind Robber is one I always enjoy watching. Really well paced across all 5 episode, unlike a lot of the 60s stories. I didn't know that about Hamish, that's sad to hear.

Yeah very sad. He filled in brilliantly for Fraser. A fine Scottish actor and producer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/dr-who-taggart-actor-dies-18020502.amp

• Like 1