Latest WHO you've watched

timelord81r

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ahead of the Glasgow con I've just finished watching "The Green Death". This is the first Doctor Who story I have a memory of. Really enjoyed it.

Have just watched episode 1 of "Attack of The Cybermen"-it's got a few nods to previous adventures and Brian Glover is in it which is always a good sign.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bumper8 said:

Ahead of the Glasgow con I've just finished watching "The Green Death". This is the first Doctor Who story I have a memory of. Really enjoyed it.

Have just watched episode 1 of "Attack of The Cybermen"-it's got a few nods to previous adventures and Brian Glover is in it which is always a good sign.

Attack of the Cybermen is one of my personal favorites from Colin's era. Continuity references are always a nice thing. Colin's Doctor was still rather rude at that stage, but I enjoyed that aspect of his character as it made him different from all the others. Although I prefer the more mellowed version of his Doctor which was featured in the Trial of a Timelord season, I do still really like Colin's portrayal of a more nasty and unpredictable Doctor. Nerd rant over :P

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 6:18 PM, The Friendly Dalek said:

The last full story I have watched is The Edge of Destruction , but I am listening to episode 6 of 7 of Marco Polo right now (review coming later today).:D

I've seen some stills from Marco Polo and it looked amazing-such a pity it's only the audio that survived.

Currently watching "Inferno" (Jon Pertwee era), Good story-JP certainly liked his car chases and "Venusian Karate"!

7 minutes ago, Bumper8 said:

I've seen some stills from Marco Polo and it looked amazing-such a pity it's only the audio that survived.

Currently watching "Inferno" (Jon Pertwee era), Good story-JP certainly liked his car chases and "Venusian Karate"!

I absolutely love Inferno, it's one of my all time favourite episodes of the show.

Inferno is great. You can see how much the main actors loved playing their counterparts. I’ve just finished a re-watch of Ark In Space this afternoon. Absolute classic that story. Love the “behind the sofa” feature on the extras. Sort of googlebox like watching Tom, Philip Hinchcliffe and Lis Sladen’s daughter watching the show. Also on another sofa Louise Jamieson, Sarah Sutton and Janet Fielding. It’s hilarious.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I agree with all of this. :thumbup:

I actually haven't watched that extra with Tom, Philip etc on The Ark in Space, I will have to watch it at some point. Is it on the regular DVD or exclusive to the "special edition" version?

It's not on either I'm afraid. It is new on the Blu-ray set of the 12th Season. It isn't just the Ark In Space, They do it for every Season 12 story. Well worth the price of the box set alone IMO

5 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

I’ve caved in and gone back to watching 12th Doctor episodes, currently on The Lie of the Land

I loved the first two parts of that Monk trilogy, but I felt that The Lie Of The Land was a very poor resolution. There were good moments throughout though. The scene where Bill shoots the Doctor is a brilliant scene, sadly completely ruined by the fake-out regeneration. What's your opinion on The Lie Of The Land?

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

11 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I loved the first two parts of that Monk trilogy, but I felt that The Lie Of The Land was a very poor resolution. There were good moments throughout though. The scene where Bill shoots the Doctor is a brilliant scene, sadly completely ruined by the fake-out regeneration. What's your opinion on The Lie Of The Land?

I thought Extremis was great, Pyramid at the End Of the World was okay, loved The Lie Of the Land but writing wise I don’t think it was as strong as Extremis, I agree about the fake regeneration I liked the dynamic between the Doctor and Missy in Lie Of the Land and it was nice to see Twelve in that grey worn suit it matched his hair :P

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

I thought Extremis was great, Pyramid at the End Of the World was okay, loved The Lie Of the Land but writing wise I don’t think it was as strong as Extremis, I agree about the fake regeneration I liked the dynamic between the Doctor and Missy in Lie Of the Land and it was nice to see Twelve in that grey worn suit it matched his hair :P

The interactions between the Doctor and Missy were definitely one of the best parts of series 10 (which is why I'm happy I met Michelle Gomez when she was at LFCC 2016), and I also think that Capaldi's costume in that episode is great. Sadly the writing really lets the episode down.

1 minute ago, R4wly97 said:

I didn’t know Gomez was at LFCC now I’m annoyed I wish I knew about this convention before this year I’ve missed out on meeting a load of my favourite actors!

Sorry about that. I forgot that this year was your first. I'm sure that she will make a return appearance eventually. :D