Latest WHO you've watched

timelord81r

well in honour of this being the 50th anniversary year last november 23 i started with an unearthly child and i have worked my way through all the tv series as i have every single dvd available. so yesterday i started watching the carnival of monsters. hoping to get to planet of the spiders by june the 8th as that will be exactly 40 years to the day when the last episode of that story was originally shown on bbc one. dont intend to rush through them and get through all of them by this november but it will be interesting to see what i am on by that significant date.(novemeber the 23) ill keep you all posted if you like. :dance:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having not watched a lot of Who for ages, we had a bit of a blitz this weekend.

Special editions of The Green Death and the Claws of Axos first before a refresh of Matt Smith's last series with Asylum of the Daleks, Angels Take Manhattan and the Name of the Doctor.

I used to watch this when Tennant was the Doctor (so I have only ever watched him) and loved it but after that just didn't bother. Now I like the show again and have been watching quite a bit of it lately bits and bobs of old and new cant remember the last episode I watched though lol

Mostly episodes featuring the 4th Doctor (thanks to the Horror channel), 9th Doctor (almost completed watching all of his episodes, my least favourite Doctor though) and the 11th Doctor (watching this guy is what got me back into the show, love him and I'm currently up to his last season sadly lol)

Getting hyped for the new episodes though, not really long to wait now :dance:

Well i got to where i wanted with planet of the spiders. Have watched part six of the seeds of doom earlier today. Tend to have a break for a week or so in-between seasons. Up next the masque of mandragora.

• 2 weeks later...

my rewatch continues to go slow whilst im in new who territory, but I did watch an adventure in space and time at riverside the other night as part of a remembering verity lambert event with DWAS, was lovely and the drama is brilliant, was my first viewing since broadcast. the i dont want to go Bradley line always gets me misty eyed too.

• 4 weeks later...

Still watching the 11th Doctor and finally watched the first episode of the last series for the first time a couple of days ago, cant remember the name of the episode though lol

Hoping to watch the rest of the series before moving onto the newest 12th Doctor stuff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still haven't finished watching the last series of the 11th Doctor in fact I haven't watched any episodes since I last posted lol

I did watch the last 2 latest episodes of the 12th Doctor, probably shouldn't watch him due to possible spoilers though lol

Anyway it was my first time watching Peter Capaldi as the Doctor and I'm not sure I like him, I think he probably will grow on me eventually but at the mo I don't know lol

I really liked Matt as the Doctor I guess everyone is the same they get used to the current one then it changes and they are no longer in the show takes time to get used to the new one I suppose lol or at least it does for me lol

I did enjoy the episodes though and loving the new intro and intro theme :smile:

Edited by Sassy1988

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a while since I updated so here we go. Last November 23 I started with An Unearthly Child and this year I managed to get to the Paul McGann film on the anniversary date. I am now on Fear Her so hope to finish David Tenannts first series by or on New Years Eve. Its been a hell of a year but well worth going through everything I have on DVD Doctor Who wise.

• Like 1

Been a while since I updated so here we go. Last November 23 I started with An Unearthly Child and this year I managed to get to the Paul McGann film on the anniversary date. I am now on Fear Her so hope to finish David Tenannts first series by or on New Years Eve. Its been a hell of a year but well worth going through everything I have on DVD Doctor Who wise.

when i saw badwolf/the parting of the ways at the BFI in 2013 it coincided with where i was in my complete in order rewatch, which was nice.

overall i liked s8 and capaldi is brilliant BUT i hated death in heaven, what a mess, made little sense, a waste of a set up and i hated cyber brig which also makes me angrier/more upset the more i think about it.

loved the water tombs in dark water though. and have no issues with a female master, the master has a long history of stealing bodies, but i dont get why he/she wouldnt still call herself the master?

• 1 month later...