farscape

timelord81r

Hi, finally getting round to watching farscape, got the definitive collection for xmas, but I have a question, the eps, well at least on disc 1 are not in the same order as they were broadcast, and I was wondering if any fan on here knew weather there was a reason or not? should i look up the eps and watch in braodcast order or the dvd collection order?

many thanks

R

p.s just re-watched the pilot, much better than i remembered, looking forward to the rest of the series that ive never seen

cheers guys, thats what ive been doing, was not sure though as i checked out some of the commentaries first just the first few mins to see who was on there as there is no booklet, and one ep that was i think no 5 on the set they introduced as 2 and on the episode list online its was like ep 3 or something lol.

I really enjoyed the pilot alot but the next 3 eps, humm, a bit dull (script/story wise) overall, hoping it gets better

You cannot judge Farscape by a few episodes. It is a marathon voyage. Ignore online episode guides, the dvds are the way to go. Broadcast dates often change due to circumstance. Some episodes never make it to air as they may offend people if broadcast. I remember around the time of 9/11 that so many shows had rearranged broadcast schedules because the Towers were in the skyline.

Edited by Simondo

• 4 months later...

ok im on disc 3 of series 1 now, went back to it the other day after putting it to one side after xcmas.

watched I guess another 6 or so episodes, started getting really really good, but the last couple have been a bit tedious. but overall really enjoying it so far. it does remind me of andromeda some times though, were they on the same time? or fs first.

the "muppets" and full alien costumes which back in the 90s put me off a bit, I actuallty enjoy it now, such a relief from all the cgi characters of recent years.

Edited by timelord81r

it does remind me of andromeda some times though, were they on the same time? or fs first.
Farscape started about a year earlier if I remember correctly.
A quick Google reveals that you are correct, of course :YAHOO: , 1999-2003 and 2000-2005 respectively.

Peacekeeper Wars is the conclusion to the show. And I think it was an absolutely fitting conclusion.

Without revealing too much, the actual show ends with the cliffhanger from hell. Honestly, when I watched that last episode you heard me wailing in the next village which is over a mile away.

It was a relief when confirmation came in that Peacekeeper Wars was on the way, and in my eyes they wrapped everything up brilliant for the short amount of time they had.

does Alyssa-Jane Cook who played Gilina reappear? really liked her character from the tech girl episode

Peacekeeper Wars is the conclusion to the show. And I think it was an absolutely fitting conclusion.

Without revealing too much, the actual show ends with the cliffhanger from hell. Honestly, when I watched that last episode you heard me wailing in the next village which is over a mile away.

It was a relief when confirmation came in that Peacekeeper Wars was on the way, and in my eyes they wrapped everything up brilliant for the short amount of time they had.

great news

Yes, Gilina will return.

In case my replies do seem cut short, I am just trying to avoid spoilering someone by accident. :YAHOO: I am not sure how much detail you want.

not too much lol, I sorta know small bits from bit and bobs over the years (like a certain someone being pregnant near the end and another character leaving cos of health reasons) but not much so want to keep it close to that way lol. and see the series from a fresh

glad she will be back, she is gorgeous ;-) now she would a good con guest

Farscape is one of my top Sci Fi shows, a great combination of humor, science/tech and action. Brilliant characters, cool ships and the world renowned Pulse Pistol! (i love my pulse pistol) and who can forget Crichton Season 2-peace keeper wars leather outfit (which i have) amazing ;)

• 2 weeks later...