Scottish Guest Poll

Goodie586

Okay...i am a Showmasters Groupie and i bet all of you reading this are too!

However we want the show to be bigger and better in Glasgow and all the rest of course, but this is Glasgow.

So i went about doing a wee study, a survey so to speak to find out who the ultimate guest would be for a Glasgow con.

I now have the answer.....

I have asked approx 160 people who live in the Glasgow area..its just a wee local poll for fun but it gives you the jist.....

Who do you think was the number one guest who would bring in the masses for a Glasgow crowd????

Have a wee guess...go on ..just for a giggle.....

PS it was a cool guest.....That won.

It was Christopher Lambert!

Was suprised that so many folk mentioned him but then i do have alot of friends and collegues who harbour much love for Highlander.

I dont know if he does Cons but it would be cool for a wee Highlander Reunion at Glasgow.

Lambert, James Cosmo, Roxanne Hart and even Michael Iornside from the second one.

Would be kinda cool.

Was suprised that so many folk mentioned him but then i do have alot of friends and collegues who harbour much love for Highlander.

I dont know if he does Cons but it would be cool for a wee Highlander Reunion at Glasgow.

Lambert, James Cosmo, Roxanne Hart and even Michael Iornside from the second one.

Would be kinda cool.

I would second that too they could also get the stars from the tv series too :chair:

I have to admit that I wouldn't have thought of him. A good choice though.

• 2 weeks later...

i must say that David Tennant wud have the place absolutely jumpin though Billy Boyd may also draw a crowd due to his work in LOTR trilogy and various other roles

and thought they are really scots Christopher Lambert and Adrian Paul wud be amazing :D:clap::clap::clap:

• 3 months later...

Lets not forget he was in Mortal Kombat too as Lord Rayden, god of thunder and lightning! AND protector of the Earth realm.

Plus he gets one of the best lines in the movie;

"One of you three will determine the outcome of the tournament. The fate of billions depends upon you, heh, heh, heh!

...sorry."

• 4 weeks later...

I heard from a very reliable source over the weekend that Robery Carlyle would like to do a covention in Glasgow.....

That would be excellent! I must admit i always thought he would be one of these actors who would think meeting his fans was beneath him, but i would love to be proved wrong.

He would be a fantastic guest for Glasgow and a real crowd puller for various fans, Stargate, Bond, Trainspotting etc....

I will cross my fingers for that one :D

I heard from a very reliable source over the weekend that Robery Carlyle would like to do a covention in Glasgow.....

would his cost to SM warrant or cover an appearance in glasgow though for SM I mean? he is deff a guest that warrants LFCC, though to be fair, im sure plenty, maybe myself included would come all the way up to glasgow for robert,

Well, he lives in Glasgow... (when not in the US) so that would most definitely cut costs. Also I heard he wanted to do a con in Scotland specifically...

I would love if Robert(no i dont know him, but i shall call him Robert) came to Glasgow and as you say Timelord brought more guys to Glasgow....heres hoping...

I think you should make the journey for Fraser Hinds and Colin...go on...you will love a night in Glasgow!!!

That would be excellent! I must admit i always thought he would be one of these actors who would think meeting his fans was beneath him, but i would love to be proved wrong.

He would be a fantastic guest for Glasgow and a real crowd puller for various fans, Stargate, Bond, Trainspotting etc....

I will cross my fingers for that one :clap:

I met Robert a couple of years ago at a film festival, and had about 20 of his DVDs with me - I couldn't decide which one i'd like him to sign, as he's done so many fantastic movies. As he signed my Full monty DVD cover, he then notices my DVDs, and say's I own more of his films than he does! He then takes the entire lot from me (without me asking him to) and signs every single one while we chat (as I embarassingly say, its ok, you don't need to sign them all!!), and was happy chatting about the films as he signed.

The guy is an absolute gent and could not be nicer to his fans!!!

• 2 weeks later...