Where now for the franchise?

adriangill

Really wouldn't want to watch a fishing programme, but Teal'c PI would be good :P

Just wish Universe would continue (and SG-1 and Atlantis), and the networks would stop cancelling all the good shows.

Anyone know if it's possible for Universe to be picked up by another network and if that's at all likely?

Teal'c PI with Martin LLoyd as his sidekick!

Joking aside, I genuinely can't see what direction the franchise can go in now. They can't really go back to a show based around the SGC. That would just be SG-1 redone. They have done a show based in another galaxy. They have done a ship lost in space. Basing a show in the future is an option but for me that would lose part of it's appeal - that it is a sci-fi show based in 'present day'.

I have no ideas that aren't a rehash of something else. Probably why I could never write scripts for any show :P

It would be interesting to watch it from the point of view of other races, instead of the Tau'ri. Past or present.

E.g. seeing the Ancients at their peak, or when they're just starting to discover and invent technology such as Stargates, seeing them launch Destiny, etc.

Or watching the Asgard history, or indeed the history (or parts of it) of the 4 great races, how they met and interacted.

I'd love to know more about the history, and the mythology, it's something very important in Stargate, but a lot of it was left untold, would be interesting to go back into the past and see more.

Though, I'd also like to see Universe actually get a decent run too :P

I dont know what direction the franchise could go now, perhaps its time to resurrect some of the movie scripts and stir the fans and the coffers with the older shows.

It is true that the show didnt get a great run and it does take time for the actors to settle into the characters - if you watch the first 2 seasons of SG1 or Atlantis some of it seems rather wooden. With time and the actor developing the character traits we either love or hate we start to enjoy the portrayal.

I hope this doesnt spell the end of Stargate but with finances stretched in the industry and viewing audience figures more important than ever I would brace myself for more"reality" TV and game shows.

Joking aside, I genuinely can't see what direction the franchise can go in now. They can't really go back to a show based around the SGC. That would just be SG-1 redone.

SG1 redone, you mean like atlantis? :P joking aside, I think with the cxl of the excellent SGU it will signal the end of an SG series, the only future for the show is in tv movies/direct to dvd (hell if seagal can still pull em off anyone can lol) but with the stall over the RDA focused sg1 movie and the atlantis movie I fear we may never see anymore SG :-(

a miracle might happens and SGU is picked up by another network?

p.s I enjoyed atlantis and love seagal despite there many failings.