Glowingwings

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny baker please!:unsure:

:huh:

:P

This is a Lord of the Rings convention guest suggestion thread, not Star Wars biggestfanever, any other guest suggestions not related to Lord of the Rings, should go in the guest suggestions section at the top of the forum just to let you know.

xx

I would like to see Elijah Wood first and foremost. Seen him at a number of Con's, he was a dead cert for a few years. Dom Monaghan would be nice too.

Then those I have not met:

Orlando, Chris Lee, Hugo, Viggo. Wishful thinking - huh?

Obviously anyone would be good!!!!!!

Ian Holm

Ian McKellen

Hugo Weaving

Would love some of the hobbits like

Elizabeth Moody

Noel Appleby

Sarah McLeod

etc

Also

Gino Acevido would be cool or anyone from behind the scenes!!

Just anyone really

John Noble!!!!

Woop

so excited about this!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ooh now let me see...Elijah would be GREAT and not totally unreasonable, Craig Parker cos he's just such fun, Lawrence Makoare cos he's hilarious and would be nice to catch up with him, Dom cos I've yet to meet him and he would complete my hobbit autographs, Andy Serkis cos he's pure awesomeness.

Anyone really would make my day!

Though in a perfect world I'd love Sir Ian McKellan, Viggo and John Noble :thumbup:

• 5 months later...

Everyone and anyone! All LOTR guests are of interest to me and most are friendly and very funny.

However I would particularly like to see Shane Rangi back again. He is a lovely guy and has a lot of time for fans. He genuinely loves talking to us LOTR nutters lol.

I think we need to be realistic about suggested guests. We are not going to get the biggest names because frankly just one of them - Orlando for example - would bankrupt the event before it even gets started! And that is just for a five minute wave-to-the-crowd appearance! No way are A List stars willing to sit at a wee desk for hours and sign autographs. They really don't need the exposure and publicity.

Please people, if you love LORD OF THE RINGS and you can't wait for the Hobbit, support this con. I am going and am breaking the bank to order a GOLD ticket this week. Put your money where your fandom is. If you want Rings cons to be held in future, show that there is a loyal fanbase willing to pay up. Cons are terrifyingly expensive to run: flying cast members from NZ and the USA etc, alone, and picking up the tab for their hotel, doesn't come cheap. And they have to be paid!

I honestly don't mind who the guests are but it would be lovely to meet these very nice guys again. Bearing in mind the financial constraints I list, in no particular order:

Bernard Hill

Billy Boyd

Shane Rangi

Lawrence Makoare

Jonathan Harding

Bruce Hopkins

Craig Parker

Mark Ferguson

• 2 weeks later...

If a total of 4-6 guests are being suggested by the organisers the budget must be very small. I think this will rule out elijah and other big names.

If we were all to buy gold tickets in advance, very soon, the situation might change.

• 8 months later...