Massive Horror guest to be announced on friday 7 pm

showmasters

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although you may think that Tobin wouldn't be a big guest, I would have to disagree. Being largely 'over rated by fans' may be your opinion, but it's due to the series' popularity that they ran for so long, and that he is considered a big part of horror cinema, even if some people don't like the series. I personally couldn't give a monkeys about the Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday 13th, or Hellraiser movies, but i'll admit they're a huge part of Horror cinema history. And I don't think that there are many other modern horror movies that have played a big part in making movie history.

That being said, if Wes Craven hasn't indeed done a signing before i'd say he's possibly a good bet.

Still hoping for Tobin though!

Although you may think that Tobin wouldn't be a big guest, I would have to disagree. Being largely 'over rated by fans' may be your opinion, but it's due to the series' popularity that they ran for so long, and that he is considered a big part of horror cinema, even if some people don't like the series. I personally couldn't give a monkeys about the Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday 13th, or Hellraiser movies, but i'll admit they're a huge part of Horror cinema history. And I don't think that there are many other modern horror movies that have played a big part in making movie history.

That being said, if Wes Craven hasn't indeed done a signing before i'd say he's possibly a good bet.

I'm not saying Tobin wouldn't be a big guest, i know a lot of people want to meet him and i would do so too ;) but i don't really understand how you could consider him as a "massive" name though regarding he's mostly known to horror fans because of that one Saw series of movies only. The rest of his career is not really related to horror.

Now who knows, maybe we will both happy, Craven being the massive guest promised and Bell being one of the other names of the great horror line up we're being promised :D

I'm not saying Tobin wouldn't be a big guest, i know a lot of people want to meet him and i would do so too :D but i don't really understand how you could consider him as a "massive" name though regarding he's mostly known to horror fans because of that one Saw series of movies only. The rest of his career is not really related to horror.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this post:

Neve Campbell - Don't why but it was the first name that came to me

Just thought it could be a make-up FX guy too. Already had Savini so the only other massive one I can think of is Rick Baker but he doesnt do cons.

Would love it to be Christopher Lee.... I know he was scheduled to appear at an event a few years back but cancelled the day before but not sure if he has done any other signings..... Also I heard he is reluctant to sign any Dracula related stuff.

Anyway I would love to meet this guy and it would appeal to fans of LOTR and Star Wars too.... in fact he would appeal to everyone because of the vast amount of stuff he has been in.

I'm not saying Tobin wouldn't be a big guest, i know a lot of people want to meet him and i would do so too ;) but i don't really understand how you could consider him as a "massive" name though regarding he's mostly known to horror fans because of that one Saw series of movies only. The rest of his career is not really related to horror.

Now who knows, maybe we will both happy, Craven being the massive guest promised and Bell being one of the other names of the great horror line up we're being promised ;)

Haha I'm willing to live with that! :D

There really can't be that many possibilities surely. Like I say, Tobin springs to mind instantly, as when I think about great modern horror, Saw come to mind, I can't think of many other horror franchises that have been around recently. It's only going back years that we get some famous ones like Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street and some others.

The thing about horror is, it doesn't appeal to everyone, and those who do love horror have probably got a small amount of people they would consider a huge guest. I love horror films, but it's a certain kind of horror I like, mostly psychological, asian horror, and i'm quite picky about ones made in the west. Most american horror films i've seen in the last 15 years haven't appealed to me, which is why I like the Saw series so much. To me it stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Would love it to be Christopher Lee.... I know he was scheduled to appear at an event a few years back but cancelled the day before but not sure if he has done any other signings..... Also I heard he is reluctant to sign any Dracula related stuff.

Anyway I would love to meet this guy and it would appeal to fans of LOTR and Star Wars too.... in fact he would appeal to everyone because of the vast amount of stuff he has been in.

Christopher has been to one or two signings in the last 50 years :-P

Plus it'd be a bit silly to announce Lee as a 'massive horror guest' when he won't sign Dracula stuff.

He starred in many horrors that were not Dracula movies .... deeeeppp breathe - The Wicker Man , The Curse of Frankenstein, The Devils Rides out.... Oh can be bothered - check IMDB.

Anyway despite his varied career most people think of him as a horror star just as most people still regard Connery as a bond actor despite everything else he has done.

• Moderators

Yes, but judging on previous appearances, I know how many people wanted him for Dracula (even though I am aware he's done plenty of others).

And I know how big a role it is seen as for him (though not by him these days) so I still think it'd be a bit crazy to announce him as such - especially when he's done so much more too.

Yes, but judging on previous appearances, I know how many people wanted him for Dracula (even though I am aware he's done plenty of others).

And I know how big a role it is seen as for him (though not by him these days) so I still think it'd be a bit crazy to announce him as such - especially when he's done so much more too.

Not him then? :D

Oh well! Hopefully one day!

2nd Thoughts Christinia Ricci

As before with Neve Campbell, I wouldnt think of her a horror actor either. And like others said, Christopher Lee appeals to other fandoms like Bond, LOTR, and SW that I think it would be inaccurate to bracket or label him as a horror guest.

Joe Dante or David Cronenberg would be nice. Or even Alexandra Aja.

Yeah those names strike me as relatively big movie stars, who have been in horror films.

I would assume the guest is someone who will appeal to a large percentage of people who are fans of the genre, like John Carpenter or Joe Dante, who have made an undeniable contribution to horror cinema.

My guess is Wes Craven, John Carpenter, possibly Tobin Bell(Tobin is my hope)

My 2p worth. I'd love to see -

John Carpenter

Wes Craven

Joe Dante

Dario Argento

It's great to see the support that directors are getting in this thread. I remember how popular John Landis was at LFCC a couple of years back.

Bring us more directors!!

My 2p worth. I'd love to see -

John Carpenter

Wes Craven

Joe Dante

Dario Argento

It's great to see the support that directors are getting in this thread. I remember how popular John Landis was at LFCC a couple of years back.

Bring us more directors!!

Argento did a signing in Europe no latter than last month so it won't be him. He was very nice btw, and i would be happy to meet him again some day.

Edited by God L'Eponge

although I love the scream movies is wes craven really massive?

This sentence makes me sad :dance:

I dont really know much about horror, ive seen alot but most bore me and I dont delve into the whos and whats much as a result. though I do know wes is more than the scream stuff lol. but I didnt think he was regarded as massive like carpenter.

it could be a scream guest, when is scream 4 out?

and everyone saying carpenter, didnt he do a signing a few years back and one of the "other" cons? im sure ive seen photos online. perhaps im mistaken though, might of been a us con

I dont really know much about horror though I do know wes is more than the scream stuff lol. but I didnt think he was regarded as massive like carpenter.

and everyone saying carpenter, didnt he do a signing a few years back and one of the "other" cons? im sure ive seen photos online. perhaps im mistaken though, might of been a us con

IMO Wes and John are in the same league but John has a bigger fanbase and more 'favourites' to his name. John seems to like science fiction too wheras Wes does not although Wes is more commercial than JOhn due to Scream and Nightmare on Elm St. Both have alot of their 'greatest hits' remade in last 10 years (although John seems to not get involved in his remakes).

John Carpenter hasn't done a con outside USA, I dont think.

Edited by nicky

Tobin Bell did a signing in London a few years ago for one of the Saw films. It was held at Cinema Store, so although not a convention signing he has definitely done a UK signing before.

John Carpenter would be most welcome, as would Jamie Lee Curtis. (and even one of the original Michael Myers, Nick Castle).

Not to sound like a nob here or break board rules. But Ive done some time (AND MONEY!!!) at US cons and I would put SERIOUS money on it being......

......John Carpenter. Hes done f***ing loads in the States.

That was my first thought before I even opened the thread.

Possibly Wes.

But I doubt it-Id rather it be him personally. Id love to be wrong!!!!!

Im excited now though!!! This is going to be good.