ALIEN V PREDATOR

KAT

WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT BETWEEN PREDATOR .V. ALIEN?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT BETWEEN PREDATOR .V. ALIEN?

• ALIEN
    • PREDATOR

So the film is coming out sometime in August I think.

So who do you think would win?

Its not who you want to win, but who you think will win.

Because even though I would rather The Alien won, I think Predator may do, as he has tonnes of snazzy weapons!

;)

well if danny glover can kill a predator then an alien twice its size and speed should be able to.

but there are only two choices listed, i would choose a third option. neither of them will win, they'll hunt each other and kill each other and none will be left standing at the end.

d.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I'm not voting but i would like to say that THIS f***ING FILM IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! and that PAUL W.S. ANDERSON COULDN'T DIRECT HIS WAY OUT OF A f***ING SUPERMARKET LET ALONE TAKE TWO OF THE GREATEST SCIENCE FICTION/HORROR FRANCHISES OF ALL TIME AND PRODUCE A FILM OF ANY QUALITY</span>

Jean Pierre Juenet tried his best to ruin the aliens franchise but s***head (a.k.a. Anderson) is sure to drive a stake through it

I FEEL f***ING CHEATED

f*** AN ADAPTATION OF A s*** COMIC BOOK SPIN OFF

I WANT TO SEE A PROPER ALIEN FILM

AAAAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

DEATH TO 20TH CENTURY FOX

DEATH TO ANDERSONDEATH TO EVERYONE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :P:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D

Calmly calmly.

He may not mess it up.

You will just have to wait and see.

Think of it as a whole seperate thing from the alien and predator films.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I'm not voting but i would like to say that THIS f***ING FILM IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! and that PAUL W.S. ANDERSON COULDN'T DIRECT HIS WAY OUT OF A f***ING SUPERMARKET LET ALONE TAKE TWO OF THE GREATEST SCIENCE FICTION/HORROR FRANCHISES OF ALL TIME AND PRODUCE A FILM OF ANY QUALITY</span>

Jean Pierre Juenet tried his best to ruin the aliens franchise but s***head (a.k.a. Anderson) is sure to drive a stake through it

I FEEL f***ING CHEATED

f*** AN ADAPTATION OF A s*** COMIC BOOK SPIN OFF

I WANT TO SEE A PROPER ALIEN FILM

AAAAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

DEATH TO 20TH CENTURY FOX

DEATH TO ANDERSONDEATH TO EVERYONE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :blink::rolleyes::D:wub::angry::o:o

Paul Anderson happens to be a friend of mine and I'm not happy about what you are saying about him here, and particularly with regard to the tone you are taking about Paul and his work. There is absolutely no need to be as sickand twisted as to wish him dead.

I happen to know that Paul is a huge fan of both the Alien and Predator sagas, and wants the very best for this movie. He definitely wouldn't wish to upset fans of either series.

Nobody ever sets out to make a bad movie, and this is certainly the case with Paul. You may not like his work, and that is your prerogative, but there are plenty of people that do. (If his work was that bad Fox wouldn't have entrusted him with the future of two of their most beloved franchises would they? He must be doing something right).

I can accept that you have the right to disagree with Paul as director of this project, as would Paul himself, but perhaps you can conduct your disagreements with a little more civility and respect?

Obi-Wan :o

I love shopping. I think thats its a good film. He got some good people in it as well.

I just looked on IMDB about shopping and i found this, I love it -

Jason Isaacs - Market Trader. Gone up in the world a bit since then.

It also had ralph ineson in it. I.e finchy from the office.

Plus -

Jonathon Pryce

Marianne Faithfull

Sean Bean

Sadie Frost

Jude Law

Sean Pertwee

And i really enjoyed resident evil.

I want to know what other celebs are in your phone book now obi!

*Sits comfortably and waits*

you dont know..... william shatner do you??

Lol. No but I do know a lot of good people, and have their home telephone numbers (or in one case their mum's) lol!

Obi-Wan :D

Well i certainly wasn't expecting that. I don't know who you are but due to the fact that you seem so genuine in your defence of Paul Anderson, i shall take your word.

First of all i would like to offer an apology for my over zealous ranting. I accept that your 'friend' must obviously have shown some measure of talent in order to now be taking responsibility of major studio productions. I can also appreciate that he fully intends to make as good a job of this film as he possibly can.

My frustration derives from my recollection of three occasions when i have been disappointed by films of Anderson's that i have been highly anticipating. I had prior knowledge of Mortal Kombat and Soldier's existence before they arrived in cinemas and felt that when i finally saw both of them, they weren't entirely worth the wait.

However i am, and have been for many years, a HUGE fan of the Resident Evil franchise and was throroughly delighted at the prospect of a film adaptation. Yet when i finally saw the film, it felt as if Paul Anderson had completely jettisoned every single element of terror, claustrophobia and visual dank that made the game such a wonderful experience in the first place. Moreover it felt that the latter had just been exchanged with his own brand of an action driven narrative which if you don't mind me saying is slightly indulgent and selfish.

Now if there's one science fiction/horror series on this planet (or off it depending on your point of view) that i obsess over more than Resident Evil, it is the Alien series. Given my past experiences with Paul Andersons work, and my complete admiration for the creative genius behind such films as Alien and Aliens, do you really think i have any reason to be happy about the fact that he is taking charge of this Alien film?

Despite this, i shall be paying a visit to the cinema upon the films release and although i am initially (very) sceptical, i will do my best to view the finished piece of work with unbiased eyes and fully hope that Anderson suprises me.

With regard to me being sick and twisted, i can't help it. I have watched Event Horizon too many times.

I'm not going to labour over this, but I feel one final response to your post is needed.

Regarding Resident Evil (Ground Zero - as it was originally called). Paul had indeed considered the approach to Resident Evil that you had suggested with the dark mansion and the claustrophobic atmosphere, but felt that that area had been covered well enough already in the games, and he didn't want to do a straight remake of the games. What instead was decided was to explain how the virus had escaped in the first instance in a prequel to the game, which is what the movie is. What Paul had in mind was what any good director should have done, to offer something that the audience had not seen before.

By the timeframe of the game, the decay in the zombies and in the city itself, has set in, and this should be what you will see in the forthcoming Resident Evil: Apocalypse (like it or not, Written and Produced by Paul Anderson). I believe that it will be closer in tone to the games (but I've not had as much info on this yet as I did on Resident Evil: Ground Zero).

The games and the films are now meant to complement each other, filling in gaps in the complete Resident Evil storyline.

Now onto other aspects of your post. I don't have any problem with you criticising peoples work, there are films out there right now popular among many that I personally think don't deserve the merit they are being given, it was just the manner in which you originally conducted your views with venom and hatred.

I accept that you didn't like Paul's earlier work, and that's perfectly fine, and it's fine to express those feelings, I just felt calling for his death was way too harsh. By the way, I don't regard you as sick or twisted, but I did feel that these comments you made were.

Regarding this being part of the Alien saga, I personally wouldn't regard it that way, nor would I regard it part of the Predator saga. Let's face it there's no Sigourney Weaver this time out, and the only returning link is the Alien itself and Lance Henriksen (And even that is a tenuous link). (I have spoken with James Cameron by the way, last year at the NFT, and he is still harbouring plans for a joint Alien 5 project WITH Ridley Scott, So AvP will not affect the original Alien storyline).

Yes Paul Anderson IS a friend, and I'm sure as much as he does, I hope you do enjoy AvP and Resident Evil: Apocalypse, and hope that they are more in line with your expectations. But at the end of the day, as the old saying goes, 'You can't please everybody all of the time'.

Obi-Wan :P

Edited by obi-wan

well if danny glover can kill a predator then an alien twice its size and speed should be able to.

but there are only two choices listed, i would choose a third option. neither of them will win, they'll hunt each other and kill each other and none will be left standing at the end.

d.

TARANNAU,

How, then, do you account for the ALIEN™ skull being polished by the PREDATOR™ in PREDATOR 2™? :lol:

I want to know what other celebs are in your phone book now obi!

*Sits comfortably and waits*

you dont know..... william shatner do you??

Lol. No but I do know a lot of good people, and have their home telephone numbers (or in one case their mum's) lol!

Obi-Wan ;)

Well im sorry but I just looked on the floor and was very disappointed.

There has been absolutely no name droppage.

Whose mum do you know?

;)

Well im sorry but I just looked on the floor and was very disappointed.

There has been absolutely no name droppage.

Whose mum do you know?

:o

Sorry to disappoint you Kat, but I can't go telling all the names I know on here now can I? lol

And I'm sorry to say that one of them isn't William Shatner...

Obi-Wan :D

Edited by obi-wan

• 4 years later...
Yes Paul Anderson IS a friend (of mine)

REALLY????

I just seen this thread.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I</span>

I think Jeneut did a much worse job than PWSA by far. He KILLED the series long before AVP. Why do you think Alien 5 hasnt been made since??