Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Jericho

Shawn michaels

Hulk hogan

Stone cold Steve Austin

Teddy sheringham

Darren anderton

Alan shearer

now this is a list i like.... but lets face it anderton will get inured before the show starts lol

Rugby players could be enticed? What with the Rugby World Cup in full flow during this event.

Also a small event is happening in this country next year so athletes could be added to the list?

And personally, ex-Manchester United players wouldn't go amiss! :lol:

Rugby players could be enticed? What with the Rugby World Cup in full flow during this event.

Also a small event is happening in this country next year so athletes could be added to the list?

And personally, ex-Manchester United players wouldn't go amiss! :lol:

Totely agree with you we dont seem to get any Manchester United players can i also add a couple of tennis players have we had any before

Does anyone know when the first sports guests are likely to be announced and is it likely that there will be only a small amount of sports related guests at the show? :drunk:
As with any guest, they can be announced at any time. The final total is also an unknown as, to some extent, it depends on who is actually available and wants to attend. I wouldn't expect them to outnumber the TV/Film guests though.

Does anyone know when the first sports guests are likely to be announced and is it likely that there will be only a small amount of sports related guests at the show? :YAHOO:

First sports guest is up and what a guest he is.

In the past there haven't been loads of sports guests at EMS, normally about 10 a day. Fingers crossed we'll get some more big name announcements soon.

Edited by 18blue78

Me personally would like any past Liverpool FC players, but on behalf of my Mum, who is a wrestling fanatic (not bad for someone in her 60s!) would happily come to the event with me if the likes of John Cena, Shawn Michaels or The Undertaker were to be announced... :YAHOO:

I read that you had Joe Calzaghe last year! Oh my god, would there be any chance of getting him back this year please!!?????

I would have loved to have met him but i had such a crap year last year dealing with things that i shouldnt have been that i couldnt have gone!! Im going to be moving away end of october, that would have been probably my only chance of ever seeing him.

I am so gutted that i couldnt have met him, i didnt even know anything about it!! :poki:

What about some Olympic Legends with the Olympics not far away ?

Steve Redgrave

Matthew Pinsent

Kelly Holmes

Steve Ovett

Mary Peters

Audley Harrison

Lennox Lewis

Alan Wells

Daley Thompson

David Wilkie

Adrian Moorhouse

Sally Gunnell

Loads more as well.

And they could bring medals with them for the photo shoots.

I'd like to see some of the international football greats. The 3 I'd most like are

Johan Cruyff

Gerd Müller

Alfredo Di Stéfano

I think all 3 of those would be extremely popular with sports collectors.

Others I'd like to see -

Jimmy Hill

Sir Tom Finney

Bryan Robson

Terry Venables

Denis Law

From other sports -

Sir Roger Bannister

Björn Borg

Lester Piggott

Olga Korbut

Nadia Comăneci

And the British women's singles champions at Wimbledon -

Angela Mortimer

Ann Jones

Virginia Wade

I read that you had Joe Calzaghe last year! Oh my god, would there be any chance of getting him back this year please!!?????

I would have loved to have met him but i had such a crap year last year dealing with things that i shouldnt have been that i couldnt have gone!! Im going to be moving away end of october, that would have been probably my only chance of ever seeing him.

I am so gutted that i couldnt have met him, i didnt even know anything about it!! :crying:

He has appeared at a number of signing events (both SM and other events) over the last few years, including while he was still boxing, so I don't think its out of the question that he will do another event at some point.

:headscratch:

hi would like to see klinsmann,ginola lineker,zindane,ronaldo,messi and mourniho.as i think this would be the greatest collection of super stars that would attract the greatest and largest crowds along with with will smith kylie Monique.jls and jackie chan.

wow, Jackie Chan would be a huge guest! Sadly can`t see that happening though!

Boxers are always popular, David Haye did a signing at the shop i work in earlier in the year and he was really popular and a genuinely nice guy. I didn`t get the chance to meet him as i had far too much to do that day so it would be good to get another chance.

I`ve heard theres some kind of international even happening next year in London...i think they called it the olympics? :( Not my thing at all but i`m sure some athletes would go down a storm and would drum up some publicity for 2012.

And i know i`ve already mentioned this, but NHL players? Pretty please?? B)

• 3 weeks later...

I think that it may be a good idea to separate media guests from sports guests at future events.

I know there are already separate events such as Sportsmania but I really don't see that there is much point having a show that has 90% media and 10% sports guests. The forthcoming Entertainment and Media Show will only have around 10 guests from the sporting world and although I think the organisers do a fantastic job with all their shows and this one has some amazing guests with David Tennant, Diana Rigg and John Hurt amongst them, it just feels a little bit of an after thought having so few sports guests that makes them look out of place somehow.

This isn't a complaint by any means because Showmasters have enabled me to meet a number of my idols. Its just an observation.

I think that it may be a good idea to separate media guests from sports guests at future events.

I know there are already separate events such as Sportsmania but I really don't see that there is much point having a show that has 90% media and 10% sports guests. The forthcoming Entertainment and Media Show will only have around 10 guests from the sporting world and although I think the organisers do a fantastic job with all their shows and this one has some amazing guests with David Tennant, Diana Rigg and John Hurt amongst them, it just feels a little bit of an after thought having so few sports guests that makes them look out of place somehow.

This isn't a complaint by any means because Showmasters have enabled me to meet a number of my idols. Its just an observation.

I think you might find SM inviting more sports guests to events like this one in the future. Yes we have Sportsmania, but by all accounts it wasn’t as financially successful, as a stand alone event, as many had hoped. So it makes sense for SM to have as many types of guests as possible at events that make money.