Transformers 3

timelord81r

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read that a fourth film is already being considered with Jason Statham in a new lead role to replace LaBeouf. This is only a rumour having come from an insider and isn't surprising (esp for a rumor) seeing as he's dating Rosie Huntington-Whitely. Another speculated tidbit is that executive producer Speilberg is considering directing.

Just read that a fourth film is already being considered with Jason Statham in a new lead role to replace LaBeouf. This is only a rumour having come from an insider and isn't surprising (esp for a rumor) seeing as he's dating Rosie Huntington-Whitely. Another speculated tidbit is that executive producer Speilberg is considering directing.

the transformers fan boy in me would welcome another opportunity to see another film

the sensible side of me says they should leave it with this one as they dont really have any obvious moves forward

obvious moves forward? anything could happen, I mean the last 3 movies have all been similar in plot, mythical object sought, prime vs a big bad finale amongst massive smash up. with sam key to it all and saving the day or the hero robot.

and lets be honest, they could just do that all over again and id bet they would get another 2 movies hitting over 700 mil at the box office before ppl got bored. and even though as a film I think they are pretty crap movies the sequels, the action is brilliant, and who doesnt love the transformers especially cullens prime?

Id like them to make a 90 minute movie which concentrated on the robots first, with the humans being around them, not the other way round. the amount this film and the others have made there is no way they wont do another.

set it a bit in the future also, they could have there own city for example (yes I love the 80s movie)

"i got better things to do tonight than die!"

on a side note, I read they spent 150 million on advertisement for dark of the moon? WTF how can you spend basically the budget of a movie this size on advertisement? which is what, interviews, posters and trailers? thats crazy.

who Id like to see in a future movie?

hot rod and cup

the real wheel jack

starscream (and maybe megatron perhaps as galvatron) to somehow return,

sunstreaker (with his not wanting to get scratched superstar mentality)

mirage (with his passive, not wanting to fight mentality, whos side is he on)

p.s what happened to bolt/jolt from revenge of the fallen, another robot from that movie absent from dark of the moon without explanation.

I dont get the argument that this movie is more human than robot... i didnt get that feeling at all but i am going to time it next time i see it!

they killed off pretty much everyone in this film and there was no hint at another one which you got with the other 2 so I just dont see a 4th happening

Does having to leave your brain at the door before watching/enjoying these movies mean the same thing as having to be brainless (ie stupid/idiotic) to enjoy them?

Discuss..........

For my part I think this is the worst thing about recent hollywood blockbusters (with the exception of Inception).... the excuse of "it's just a bit of fun" or "don't take it so seriously" or my personal favourite "you'll enjoy it as long as you lower your expectations".

Damnit I don't want to have lower my expectations to enjoy a movie, I don't want to be treated like a moron with racist/sexist sterotypes, stupid stories, painful dialogue and woeful acting.

I dont get the argument that this movie is more human than robot... i didnt get that feeling at all but i am going to time it next time i see it!

they killed off pretty much everyone in this film and there was no hint at another one which you got with the other 2 so I just dont see a 4th happening

its not necessarily there is more human screen time (which there probably is, same screen time counts for both) but the fact this is a film called transformers and we have to spend 10 minutes at a time following sam round looking for a job or 5 minutes at a time of his stupid parents doing silly stuff? in a film called transformers is taking the mick, now for the first one this was not so bad as it was an origin story of sorts AND they could not go crazy on the effects money wise as they didnt know if it would do well. it did, so why do we still have so much human stuff in the sequels?

i mean a big thing that annoyed me in this one was the autobots turn up and are all gun ho, lets kick ass, prime even says kill em all, which was awesome lol, then we get 10 minutes of human stuff, next robot scene the autobots are all bloody captured and about to be executed? wtf, was 10 minutes in between these 2 scenes cut with all the robot action? or was it not even filmed? id happily loose the hour of sam messing around for 5 minutes of robot screen time to show them kicking ass then getting captured.

regarding the killing off of characters, come on, prime died and came back in the same movie, megatron did it in the sequel. it can happen and they didnt kill of all the main characters, main as in been in all the movies, i counted main wise 3, maybe 4 depending on how u look at it.

megatron could quite easily come back by some sort of taking his surviving mind and putting it into a new body aka galvatron.

star scream u dont definitivly see killled, they just say, oh hes dead, lol after he got his ass kicked, by a kid sigh

im still sad about ironhyde, but at least it was a good scene like the movie in the 80s.

megatron could quite easily come back by some sort of taking his surviving mind and putting it into a new body aka galvatron.

star scream u dont definitivly see killled, they just say, oh hes dead, lol after he got his ass kicked, by a kid sigh

im still sad about ironhyde, but at least it was a good scene like .

Starscream had a bomb in his head. Pretty sure he's toast. But he survived the 80s movie too.

They could always reboot it. Look how soon Warners are planning a Batman reboot after the next film and lets not for get the new Spider-Man reboot. I think resurrecting Megatron again for a 4th film will be a bit patronising - he will have been brought back 3 times by film no.4.

Starscream had a bomb in his head. Pretty sure he's toast. But he survived the 80s movie too.

he didnt survive the 80's movie... Galvatron disintegrated him!

he didnt survive the 80's movie... Galvatron disintegrated him!

he came back in series 3 (as a ghost)

galvatron is megatron, so megatron could come back as him.

They could always reboot it. Look how soon Warners are planning a Batman reboot after the next film and lets not for get the new Spider-Man reboot. I think resurrecting Megatron again for a 4th film will be a bit patronising - he will have been brought back 3 times by film no.4.

but there allspark thing is in there chest no? and its scifi, anything can happen, lol

what? there gonna reboot nolans batman right after his 3rd film? W T F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf are they playing at, arghhhhhh, reboots remakes are p******g me off these days, you cant reboot/remake something mere years after it came out.

all the prequels are also annoying me now

ive not seen xmen first class yet, ppl say its good but im annoyed they went prequel with the xmen series, just cos they f***** up last stand, and wolverine wasnt all that they prequel it all and with wolverine reboot also? arghhhhhh.

I also hear daredevil is being rebooted, man, i didnt think the ben affleck one was all that bad, and it was like what 7 years ago? come on.

superman I can get, as returns wasnt all that, didnt do very well and was a stand alone reboot after a long absence, but batman? 2 massively successful and pretty great movies, with a 3rd on the way and there gonna reboot? assholes.

im not happy about the rumours of the bodyguard remake wither, I love that movie.

and they remade the thing? or is that a prequel, man, im annoyed, saw the trailer, looked like a cheap/annoying mtv remake.

im also annoyed at Prometheus, the alien prequel, but at least what they are saying about it in relation to the alien movies and the fact scott is directing? gives it small hope.

predators? humm, i need to see it again but wasnt all that impressed in the cinema, felt like an mtv remake of the first one. still better than the AVP films.

transformers reboot? could work, its not like many ppl care that much about the humans in the transformers movies, who wanted to slap sam when after being stopped at the gates he was screaming like a deranged fool in his car at the nest base? lol

• 2 weeks later...

Empire gave it 2/5, I havent actually read the review but I'd give it the same.

Yeah, Empire said it was better than the 2nd one, even though they gave it 3 stars and this one 2. Use the Empire star system with caution lol.

Personally I love the first Transformers, funnny, great effects, good action and brings back that great feeling of nostalgia and childhood memories.

Unfortunately the 2nd and 3rd ones Bay has gone all Wachowski brothers on us and delivered an overhyped and overlong CGI sh*t fest with ridiculous plot (using the term loosely) and terrible acting, with zero chemistry between the two human leads.

However, like some posts say, these movies make money, so I expect it'll keep going.

• 2 months later...

Paramount are keen to make Transformers 4 and 5 back-to-back with Speilberg and Bay again with Jason Statham leading the cast. Shia Le Beouf and Bay have already said they didn't want to make anymore but I'm guessing Bay would at least still produce.

Edited by nicky

• 3 months later...

Michael Bay is now on for Transformers 4 after all. Scheduled for 2014 and a 'reboot' with new cast but still keeping continuity with the previous films. So how can that be a reboot then? I think they mean they're just getting a new cast and characters. Personally I'd much rather Bay went and made Bad Boys 3.

Jason Statham has denied having being approached about this. Shia is out. Personally, I'd like to see the story taken elsewhere, say Cybertron...just any environment different from an urban setting.

Edited by nicky

• 3 months later...

Saw it on DVD not long ago. Wasn't much of a fun of Transformers 2, didn't think this was too much better either. It was OK and the effects were very good, but didn't grab me the way the first movie did.

• 2 weeks later...