General Rambling

dragonsanddaffodils

How can there be a twilight con forum without a rambing thread :D

For all those new to the convention, especially if it is your first con, get chatting in here before the con to like-minded people :D

Even if this forum stays a little quiet until after ET5 in February, if you are coming to ET6, get chatting in the ET5 forum too as lots of peple will be chatting in there first

Edited by Rhianydd

• 2 months later...

I am very new to not just twilight events but all of twilight. I work at a library so i constantly have people telling me good books to read. As the list gets so long anything with a "hype" i put off reading until it dies down. I started reading twilight 2 weeks ago and i am now totaly hooked that i am halway through the saga for the second time. And the films i have watched almost every night. Infact i have eclipse playing on my tv just above my comp screen now.

Because of the situation with libraries at the moment i thought why not go to this wobderful sounding event while i still have a job to pay for it.

i will be coming on my own which is a bit nerve racking especially since i dont know what to expect. but it sounds so amazing and the people that talk about going seem so nice and friendly. I would really like to know though what are the themed parties?

and is there anything i really need to know about before buying my tickets?

sorry for going on a lot

i will be coming on my own which is a bit nerve racking especially since i dont know what to expect. but it sounds so amazing and the people that talk about going seem so nice and friendly. I would really like to know though what are the themed parties?

and is there anything i really need to know about before buying my tickets?

Yes we are all lovely and friendly people :P I came on my own to my first ET con (ET3) and met some fantastic new friends (you know who you are) and I've met more people from going to ET4 and now ET5. You can just start talking to anyone here because everybody is here for the same reason!

The themed parties in the evenings are an opportunity to get dressed up and dance from 8.30 til late with everyone (every attendee gets to attend the parties) and the guests normally make an appearance and party with us too :YAHOO: Some people dress to match the themes, others don't, but it's great to see the effort some people go to!

Anything else....erm, you'll have a great time! And it really helps to get chatting to people on the forums and through Facebook and Twitter so you know a few friendly faces (who will hopefully remember that they've met you when the drink wears off)!

Thank you Eleanor. :WINCE:

I have just booked my hotel room :wub:

I didnt realise how much it would cost but i am still going to try and buy a gold if i can. Just incase i never get to go to another one.

I know its not until october but i am already getting excited :dance:;):dance:

By the way what themes have they had before for the parties?

havent been to one of these cons since et3! it's sad to say that most of the people i made friends with before et1 have sort of.. faded away, as it were. or most dont like twilight as much anymore. i kinda hope i can at least get talking to some new people cos i find it really hard to make friends... it's like i have a sticker on me head saying "stay away!" lmao anyways.. im looking forward to this con in october. i just hope the rest of the guests arent all repeated ones since its a lot of money to pay for things ive already got... :/ sigh