what do you think about meeting classic politicians ?

showmasters

I think you might get a few crazies turning up airing their views especially if the likes of Tony 'smiler' Blair (i for one would like to warmley shake him by the throat), and Margaret 'the milk snatcher' Thatcher turned up, but looking back to the problems of Blairs recent book signing, i don't think its the way forward.

I'd be very happy to meet many of them. I see where the honourable Count is coming from, but I think Autographica has a fairly refined customer base and I'd like to think that it would be the odd nut-nut that would show themselves up in the way that those oddballs did over the Blair book signing.

i think it would be interesting to meet some of the high fliers from the past.

what are your thoughts would you like to meet .

Neil Kinnock

Michael Heseltine

David Dimbleby

David Steel

Robin Day

Margaret Thatcher

Tony Benn

David Owen

John Major

Geoffrey Howe

you never know some might be up for this , would anyone care ? let us know your thoughts .

jason :D

as you can see its happened before so you never know :D

52629652.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=45B0EB3381F7834D79DD801C033FE6DC4AC04E409A51725F5CAEAACEED08D90F

I think that this is a wonderful idea. As someone who has avidly immersed himself in the world of Politics, to be able to meet such stalwarts of the Political System in this nation would be far too tempting.

I think you might get a few crazies turning up airing their views especially if the likes of Tony 'smiler' Blair (i for one would like to warmley shake him by the throat), and Margaret 'the milk snatcher' Thatcher turned up, but looking back to the problems of Blairs recent book signing, i don't think its the way forward.

Be realistic about expectations - you will not be seeing Tony Blair. Nor are you likely to see any PMs - in the early stages, you'll be looking at people like Edwina Currie.

Be realistic about expectations - you will not be seeing Tony Blair. Nor are you likely to see any PMs - in the early stages, you'll be looking at people like Edwina Currie.

Yes Mike good point but apart from PM's hardly anyone would want to meet the likes of Edwina Currie whose only claim to fame is knocking boots with John Major or some other politician who was spotted ''Badger watching'' on Hamstead Heath but all he could find was George Michael!

Edited by Lennybear

have to agree with you there mr bear,thats why the country is in the mess it it because of blair,never mind getting his autograph he should give us some money from his book sales,totally disagree with you about mrs t though,wouldnt ming her signing a map of the falklands,great!! :WINCE:

as for edwina currie,its not happening chum.

• 2 weeks later...

i have to say getting some of the top politicians would be nice .. i can see where you are coming from and im glad your putting out feelers to see what people want .. its off topic and im sorry but if your realy looking to the future , and expanding have u thought of bringing in musicians ?, i love your shows i always find at least ten people i want to meet but if you brought in some 80s rock musicians or even pop . that would be so much better .. for instance ... take that ? im not a fan but i bet they would draw a massive crowd. or some of the new bands at the momment ... i personally would love autographs n photo shoots wiv the prodigy but hey we can all dream ... nomatter what you do i know its gonna be a great show now and the future

For me it would have to be M. Thatcher for me to part with my money. Although many people may not like what happened while she was in charge (as to put it) but you can not argue that she isn't a person of the countries historical importance!

But the security headache would be immense!! Yes we are a different customer base than as per norm and it is a lot quieter etc.... BUT you have to think of the people that will become aware of the event that don't normally attend or ever attended the event before just to create havoc!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

George Galloway - he'd be okay could do his cat impression.

Anne Widdecombe - show us a dance

Paddy Ashdown - he's a reasonable man.

Michael Hesseltine - this is a bit optimistic.

Lord Paul Drayson - the Le Mans peer.

Lembit Opik - he of the wobbly chin.

Andrew Marr - inquisitor.

Jeremy Vine - you never know

Just a few maybes.