Auto Prices / Photos and Personal Items

GoldenGreen

Up until recently I understood that you pay your £15 for example to Showmasters rep on the queue of the guest you want and you either choose to take a photo from the rep for signature or you get your own item signed which you have brought with you.

I have noticed on a number of threads that people seem to be getting personal items signed but still taking a photo (which is not then signed).

I would just like a bit of clarification on this please, as I am kind of thinking I may have missed out on picking up loads of nice shiny photos of guests at previous events, just because I tend to have my own items signed. If the £15 or £20 includes the photo I would appreciate it if Showmasters can confirm this before the LFACC.

Many Thanks

If people have been saying they have had a person item signed and taken a photo, I think it means they used their camera to take a photo of them with the guest, not take a 8x10 photo because as far as I know that isnt allowed.

You are paying for the autograph on either an 8x10 photo or your own item, the 8x10 photos are not free so you cant pickup a photo and not have it signed.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

I think the reason why they say they are "free" is because there is no extra charge for the photo, if the guests autograph is £15 for example then personal items are signed for £15 as are the photos. I personally think these are an ace idea and though you are paying for the autograph you a still get the photo from SM without any extra charge.

I think in the main they are a good idea as the 10x8 photos would probably cost the best part of a fiver if you bought them separately. The only downside is if you are trying to get all the signatures for a film on one particular item.

I do appreciate though that Showmasters is a business and they need to get the money from some where for all the great guests they bring to their shows.

If people have been saying they have had a person item signed and taken a photo, I think it means they used their camera to take a photo of them with the guest, not take a 8x10 photo because as far as I know that isnt allowed.

You are paying for the autograph on either an 8x10 photo or your own item, the 8x10 photos are not free so you cant pickup a photo and not have it signed.

sorry to contradict you, but i got lawrence to sign a scimitar for me at C4, and i also was given, NOT took a photo. the SM rep said that it was fine...so therefore the photos ARE free !!!!

GET A LIFE. The photo's are part of the cost of the autograph. I have never been told you cannot have one. How does the person taking the money know you want a personnal item signed????

If it is the same price for a personnal item, you get the photo free anyway.

if in doubt say nothing, take the photo, and smile nicely!!!!

I think this explains why prices for personal items and 8x10 photos are a fixed price at Collectormania, at other events having a personal item signed is usually £5 less and I bet they wont let you have a free photo but im sure they dont want to advertise it otherwise everyone having a personal item signed would take a photo and they would run out much faster.

If this is correct though, what would people prefer, £5 less for a personal item signed or fixed prices and a free photo?

I don't tend to get personel items signed so it doesn't make a difference to me BUT

I would like Billy to sign a photo I asked Dom to sign which has the 4 hobbits on, so if that counts as my own item then yeah I'd rather pay a fiver less but otherwise I will be taking a photo anyways!!

I think though if they started saying that own items were cheaper no one would get photos signed that they would prob loose out on money. surely if the photos are mass produced they way they woould be for signing sessions it works outs less than a fiver?!?!

I mean, some dealers at c4 had offers on their photos such as 3 for £10, others even had 4 for £10 and they have to make a proffit too so they can't cost too much to "print"!!

xx

the photos are free. and you get given a ticket with the number of signatures you have paid for on it, you then have to hand that to the showmaster sat with the guest, and they will make sure you don't get more than that number of signatures. Thats how they know you're not cheating them. I'm sure if you asked nicely they'd let you have a photo if you were still paying for an autograph.

luv me x x x

Should leave editing of previous posts alone I think :angel: but was only going by personal experience at Collectormania and other events along with what other people have said, to tell the truth I have only ever got signed 8x10 photos so would never have been offered a free photo so without being told there was no way to know that I could have 1 for free, I think the same applies for alot of other people but now that we all know, I think they are going to need to bring along extras photos :(

Should leave editing of previous posts alone I think :o but was only going by personal experience at Collectormania and other events along with what other people have said, to tell the truth I have only ever got signed 8x10 photos so would never have been offered a free photo so unless I was there was no way to know that I could have 1 for free, I think the same applies for alot of other people but now that we all know, I think they are going to need to bring along extras photos :D

you tried to edit and ended up deleting... :angel: thats my trick...glad to know im not alone :(

i agree that although its nice to have a signed photo, on some occasions i like a personal item signed..its the originality of the autograph that i like.

i have my signed 'authentic replica' scimitar which i bought at C4 signed by Lawrence...he in turn turned loved it himself..and said no one had done it before..whether thay have since ive no idea. That would be the only time i'd like a photo too. which i will be getting this time around, as i'd like the photo signed to go with it.

the photos are free. and you get given a ticket with the number of signatures you have paid for on it, you then have to hand that to the showmaster sat with the guest, and they will make sure you don't get more than that number of signatures. Thats how they know you're not cheating them. I'm sure if you asked nicely they'd let you have a photo if you were still paying for an autograph.

luv me x x x

ooow really?!?! I didn't get tickets when meeting Sean, Andy and Dom?!?!?!? xx

luv me x x x

ooow really?!?! I didn't get tickets when meeting Sean, Andy and Dom?!?!?!? xx

Hi we went on Hobbit Monday we did hear that Andy and Sean had open queues at the end of the day. But Dom we could only have 2 autos. How many did you get from Dom?

no sorry allow me to claritfy - I meant I wasn't given tickets for the no. of autos I was getting!!! sorry! it was in reply to some one going on bout having such a ticket...

and I met everyone on sunday as I had to go home sunday night (had already booked before monday was added) didn't get to meet Elijah and was one of the last to meet Dom -but made it :angel: xx