WAKE UP YOU LOT!

Indiana

:jason:

does the evil dead trilogy count as horror or comedy?

or perhaps a new hybrid hor-com?

anyone else looking forward to meeting the candyman himself at london film and com con?

opinions please - ring (japanese original) or ring (american remake)

i'm voting original, it is far superior to the remake!

d.

:frankie:

:o

does the evil dead trilogy count as horror or comedy?

or perhaps a new hybrid hor-com?

anyone else looking forward to meeting the candyman himself at london film and com con?

opinions please - ring (japanese original) or ring (american remake)

i'm voting original, it is far superior to the remake!

d.

;)

Preferred the original, but even that is not the best of the current wave of Japanese supernatural horrors recently released. My favourites so far have been The Eye and Audition.

I should have met Tony Todd (Candyman) twice last year, but he cancelled both times, so yes I am looking forward to meeting him.

I think Evil Dead, like Scream is a horror hybrid comedy. There are loads of these around, and some have been around for years (see Vincent Price in Theatre of Blood for example). An American Werewolf in London also falls into this category.

Obi-Wan :huh:

I'm here. I watched The Ghost Ship the other day, and I kid you not within the first five minutes i was on the verge of throwing up. If you have seen it you will recall why, but OMG them bodies being like chopped in half. I don't really like that kind of thing, but in my opinion you can't really watch these films, if they aren't going to make you feel like anything. I was a bit disappointed though, I thought there would be more ghosts, but there weren't really that many.

But overall I enjoyed the film.

I'm here. I watched The Ghost Ship the other day, and I kid you not within the first five minutes i was on the verge of throwing up. If you have seen it you will recall why, but OMG them bodies being like chopped in half. I don't really like that kind of thing, but in my opinion you can't really watch these films, if they aren't going to make you feel like anything. I was a bit disappointed though, I thought there would be more ghosts, but there weren't really that many.

But overall I enjoyed the film.

i enjoyed ghost ship too, even though it got panned by the critics. i liked it more than the similar virus with jamie lee curtis. i thought it had a pretty good ending too, and i love that rock song that was playing! :D

Which hunchback weirdos are you talking about????? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I can't tell you, because if I did they'd hunt you down and find you and make you join their Ummpa Loompa Cult. :huh:

Obi-Wan :yoda:

Ummpa Loompa's, scary as they look, are small people (midget or dwarf - not sure which). Generally they are friendly but do not have humps. They have also never been in a horror film since they prefer chocolate!