information that you all need to be aware of for the future

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

well it has been a very interesting year for us all and we have had to deal with things that we just did not expect but we are though it all now and we have seen where we need to improve things and also see what we can do to make things work better i just want to share some of the things we have learnt with you all ;)

ok where to start

The date for Collectormania London / Entertainment Media Show 2010 in Nov was not a good date for us as it was Thanksgiving weekend in the US and this was one of the biggest issues we had in getting a good selection of guests to this event , i have to say the year before it did not create an issue for us but this year it was really hard for us to come though for you all , so to fix this next years November Collectormania London will be the weekend before Thanksgiving this way we can really go out to town on great guests much more so that we did this year so i hope you can see why this event may not have had the calibre of guests that you have come to expect to see at our events , so for that we are sorry but as you will see its is something we can fix :D

next

Heating, well i know you cannot please all the people all the time but the venue is just so big its hard to get it just right , and with the big high all the sports guest were in its tough to get the heat to stay in all parts of the building , but as you would expect from us we have a fix , next years events both of them will be located in the halls we had in 2010 one under the other with the staircase between both floors last year this worked well and you the fans seemed to like it better , with escalators and lifts between both floors it would very well , also we can have a stage zone on each floor which means no sound bleed will not effect the talks in each talk zone and this will also give us more space for all what we have planned for both of next years events ;)

next

access to the hall was not the best ether but as it was so cold we did feel that it was better to get you all in off the street rather than have you freeze to death waiting out side the venue ;) so thats why , but for the events next year as we will be having both floors you will go in via the main front main Entrance which will make it much easier for people with disabilities than this years entrance were they had to go done to the other doors to get into the show , and as we will be a little earlier in November it will also not be as cold as this year which i think we all know is a very odd year doe the weather , so back to the hall layout as it was in 2009 :YAHOO:

next

we had to have the lighting turned down because of the sky quiz at this years event so as the projectors would work , now we do feel the quiz was a great fun activity and we all thing that this is something much bigger in ways of guest getting more involved and being much more active in the staging activities that could be added to make this event really nuts , but more on our ideas for this latter on in the year ;) but the lighting will be fixed for the next event .

next

with the next Entertainment Media Show in March the first big event of the year and this will be a much bigger event for us than the event we just had last week as we have a good 4 months run in to it and we have lots of guest we had wanted to have attend this year but just could not get over due to Thanksgiving weekend so the guest that we invited for the last event look like they can come to out next one in may so be ready for a great line up .

next

we also have big plans on the non-guest front of the show which i know a lot of you are going to love but these will be announced in the next few weeks but we do have some very new things for you to enjoy at this event next year .

next

we want to keep bring you the best events in the UK at a fair price as we all know everyone has less to spend now days so we will go out of our way to bring you even better value for money for all out shows in 2011 and we will be having some new packages for family tickets and weekend passes as well as a new improved gold pass for Showmasters events in 2011 something keep an eye on ;)

at the end of this year the $ to the £ has become better for us to bring over guest so next year is looking to be a much better year for you the collectors , this last year has been a very hard you for as as show organisers but in the end it have all come around and we are going into 2011 with very good prospects so thank you for supporting us and giving us the chance to run these events for you and for us to be able to meet the stars we have had over as we are fans too

we never forget its you that make these event happen so thank you all for coming to the events over the years and i just want you all to know we will keep on running the events the best way we can and keep on trying to improving them , we never forget to look out for you the collector and we always have you the fan at heart as we too all fans

thank you for reading this and i want to wish you all a great christmas and i look forward to seeing you at some of our events in the new year

thank you all so much

yours

jason and the team at Showmasters

Edited by Rhianydd

Had a great weekend anyway - meeting all those Doctor Who guests was great. Can't say I noticed the lighting especially but 2 floors sounds much better. Just seen the guest announcements and will definitely try to come.

Thank you for sharing your ideas for 2011 with us all. Looking forward to March already! :thumbup:

I just want to wish Jason, and the rest of the very hard working Showmasters crew a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cheers to you all!!!! :thumbup: