Question about free photos

amy_s

Hello,

I was just wondering how many (different) free photos you were aloud to get signed? Say if a guest had 3 different photos available to be signed, would it be possible to get each of them signed or are you only aloud to take one?

Thanks everyone!

Please don't fall in to the trap of actually believing that the photos are free! THEY ARE NOT FREE!!!!! DOH!

They are included in the cost of the signature, and the "free photo" is nothing but a marketing device for the guest in question to get more money from signing. . .

<<<Muppet convention attendee sees "free photo" sign and thinks, "Wow! That's a good deal!"

<<<Muppet hands over £15 to guest that they would not otherwise have got a signature from, had it not been for the "free photo" sign.

Most guests will charge you the same for a signature on one of their photos as for one on a personal item, which I think is a disgrace. The only reason they do this, is to keep up the illusion that their photos are free, and to screw people who want personal items signed.

NOTHING IS FREE!!

Respect

Admiral Bear

Please don't fall in to the trap of actually believing that the photos are free! THEY ARE NOT FREE!!!!! DOH!

They are included in the cost of the signature, and the "free photo" is nothing but a marketing device for the guest in question to get more money from signing. . .

<<<Muppet convention attendee sees "free photo" sign and thinks, "Wow! That's a good deal!"

<<<Muppet hands over £15 to guest that they would not otherwise have got a signature from, had it not been for the "free photo" sign.

Most guests will charge you the same for a signature on one of their photos as for one on a personal item, which I think is a disgrace. The only reason they do this, is to keep up the illusion that their photos are free, and to screw people who want personal items signed.

NOTHING IS FREE!!

Respect

Admiral Bear

No one is forcing you to hand money over. If you want the auto, pay the £15. Either have the photo or don't. For many people this is the only way they can meet their idol's, and are quite happy to pay the amount asked. I am sick of people moaning about this.

The aurograph cost's around £15. With this you get a picture, which you can get signed if you want. If you don't want the fu**ing picture don't have it.

Why is this so difficult??????? You have to pay these celeb's to attend, this is why we are charged the £15. They do not do it out of the kindness of their hearts!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTHING IS FREE!!

Respect

Admiral Bear

No one is forcing you to hand money over. If you want the auto, pay the £15. Either have the photo or don't. For many people this is the only way they can meet their idol's, and are quite happy to pay the amount asked. I am sick of people moaning about this.

The aurograph cost's around £15. With this you get a picture, which you can get signed if you want. If you don't want the fu**ing picture don't have it.

Why is this so difficult??????? You have to pay these celeb's to attend, this is why we are charged the £15. They do not do it out of the kindness of their hearts!!!!!!!!!!!

Spot on Pippin, if you dont want to pay the money for the autograph, whether its on your own item or a photo, dont come.

Im also sick of people as well moaning about how much it costs per auto.

Admiral Bear

GO PIP GO PIP !! LOL :rolleyes: you tell him

Also, if you choose to have a personal item signed, Showmasters have in the past allowed you to take one of the photos home unsigned as well - so by signing a personal item you don't lose out on the free photo.

Umm that's total crap, showmasters don't let you take the photo away for free if you have a personal item signed, you only get the apparently "Free" photo if you are paying for the guest to sign it.

Showmasters have a strict £15 per autograph rule which personally i don't like but i do not think it will change even though other events have a lesser charge for signed personal items. I meen i don't think it's fair that at london i want to meet bill johnson, i wont a photo signed and also my dvd signed, should i really have to pay £15.00 each? Don't sound fair especially considering he will not even be one of the most popular guests.

Admiral Bear I knew that it was £15 a chuck anyway, it doesnt bother me much.

People, people, I think what Lorannah is trying to say is: If SM arent looking you could easily slip a photo into your back pocket and tell them you thought they were free! :D

just kidding B)

Also, if you choose to have a personal item signed, Showmasters have in the past allowed you to take one of the photos home unsigned as well - so by signing a personal item you don't lose out on the free photo.

Umm that's total crap, showmasters don't let you take the photo away for free if you have a personal item signed, you only get the apparently "Free" photo if you are paying for the guest to sign it.

Showmasters have a strict £15 per autograph rule which personally i don't like but i do not think it will change even though other events have a lesser charge for signed personal items. I meen i don't think it's fair that at london i want to meet bill johnson, i wont a photo signed and also my dvd signed, should i really have to pay £15.00 each? Don't sound fair especially considering he will not even be one of the most popular guests.

You do get the photo even if you do not want it signed, if you are dumb enough to say you want a personal item signing, and don't need a photo that is your problem.

I know this for a fact, as I have had the photo's when getting personal items done, and my sister has aswell. Please get a life and stop moaning. Most of us are really looking forward to LFCC, and are willing to pay whatever.

I am sure that if you cannot be bothered to read the information posted by Showmasters, you could always e-mail them for clarification!!!

Well I know I haven't been to a Showmasters 'event' before, but while I was at Comic Con (in San Diego) last year I went to the Showmasters booth where they had Andy and Sala and Sean Astin signing stuff. I even have it on video camera that you can TAKE a photo whether or not you have a personal item to have signed. In my case I had a book for Andy to sign and I asked if I could also take the Gollum glossy photo that was offered and I was told I could.

So from my own experience that's all I know.

Bicker, Bicker, Bicker ;) .

Cheers!

Edited by Rachiepachie2001

Pippinsgonadstinkingsweatypants seems to think that I was moaning. . . .

First of all, Pippin, if you stopped talking out of your aforementioned stinking, sweaty pants, those of us who don't have our head in the clouds and actually know what happens at conventions, might begin to take you seriously.

Bohan and I are intelligent enough not to be taken for a ride and to believe everything we're told.

A) You DO NOT get a photo if you don't have it signed. Thus the photo is NOT free.

;) Why should I have to pay the same for a signature on a personal item, when someone who has a "free" photo signed, gets 2 things for their £15. . .a signature and photo.

And has it ever occured to you Pippin, that some of us like something a little different signed? We don't all want something signed that's identical to what everyone else has. I believe that's what defines us as individuals, not the dumbasses that you seem to think we are.

And my one moan from my original post holds even more water given the above. . .Why should I be penalised for wishing to show my individuality?

Respect

Admiral Bear

Since when has this been done?

Bohan and I are intelligent enough not to be taken for a ride and to believe everything we're told.

A) You DO NOT get a photo if you don't have it signed. Thus the photo is NOT free.

Actually I was not just passing on information that I had been told, I was relating what I have personally experienced. At C4 on four occaisions I chose to have personal items signed instead of the photos. On each occaision, without asking myself, I was told by the person dealing with the money in the queue that I should take one of the prints as well, although it wouldn't be signed. As these are good quality prints that retail for a couple of pounds in most collectors shots this seemed worth doing in my opinion.

Obviously this may not have been your personal experience at the event, but as it happened on seperate occaisions for me and several people I have spoken to, without any prior solicitation, then I obviously foolishly believed that it was the norm. In my defence you have also clearly believed your experience was the norm, and have dismissed many other peoples comments because of this, in some cases quite rudely.

Whether this means that there is a price for the autograph and the photos are free, or whether you believe that they are included in the price so you recieve them even if you don't want them signed is a matter of personal perspective.

It's important to remember that however it feels, you are not the only intelligent person on the board and it is worth giving others information and opinions valid consideration.

Lorannah