Dennis Lawson

verem

Well Done guys for getting him. But you realise the challenge you now have is because you have set the bar so high, so to speak, you gotta try and beat this next year.... James Earl Jones maybe???.

Harrison Ford!!!!!

Some of the fans who were able to would have tried Mr. Jones when he was in theatre here, he was most generous; his son helped fans all he could.

Ian McDiarmid would probably the next best impossible guest to aim for. If he respects Denis (another rather sucessful stage and TV actor) and heard he'd be talked into a one-off, he might be willing to do the same.

Or there's Denis' nephew :D

I have heard (somewhere in these forums) that JEJ is a nice guy but gets his son to take the items to be signed to his room or car to sign and doesnt like photos or charging for autos but if he could be persuaded.

Ewan would be great - I saw him a few years ago on stage in London (I think it was Guys and Dolls) but wasnt collecting autos at the time but, on reflection , wish I had.

If JEJ doesnt like charging for autos maybe he could be persuaded if a chunck of the cash went to a charity.

Anyways I sure Showmasters will do their best to top this event. Despite it problems (there wil always be problems no mater what) it was a damn good show.

I did meet JEJ while he was at the theatre (hope this doesn't break any rules!). He was happy to sign things from the inside of his car after the show - you queued up alongside and he signed them "in person". He was a lovely man, always made time to talk even if only briefly. He did have a thing about not being photographed though...