Some problems with the weekend.

AnnaSun

I now have a cold, full blast heating can have the same effect as constant freezing weather in some respects, it is a venue issue but SM would need to direct them to alter it unless SM had direct control?

I also picked up a cold it seems but I think that was queuing outside at 8am that did that. I wouldn't have had I known it was an outdoor queue. Also don't forget there was the other event downstairs - and heat rises, could hardly tell them to turn it down.

I also have a cold but, for me, that's not unusual after attending an event. With the number of people you come into contact with at on such occasions, you're almost certain to pick up something. For me, it just part of the experience. Admittedly it's a part I could do without, but it is a part of it nonetheless.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have a cold but, for me, that's not unusual after attending an event. With the number of people you come into contact with at on such occasions, you're almost certain to pick up something. For me, it just part of the experience. Admittedly it's a part I could do without, but it is a part of it nonetheless.

*nods in agreement and searches for her cough drops*

There's even a name for it. "Con Crud."

*nods in agreement and searches for her cough drops*

There's even a name for it. "Con Crud."

I'm not sick from this one.... yet ^^

But I hope this will still be the case in a few days time :)

I now have a cold, full blast heating can have the same effect as constant freezing weather in some respects, it is a venue issue but SM would need to direct them to alter it unless SM had direct control?

I also picked up a cold it seems but I think that was queuing outside at 8am that did that. I wouldn't have had I known it was an outdoor queue. Also don't forget there was the other event downstairs - and heat rises, could hardly tell them to turn it down.

I didnt do the queue this time, I waltzed in at 9.30 straight off the train baby lol

down stairs was dead lol and the heating was deff coming out of the air con on level 1, when I walked in I got round to the main stage and suddenly thought why am I sweating and so hot and realized i hadnt taken my jacket off yet (it was a normal jacket also not a winter one) also realized I was standing under one of the aircon units. day 2 I stripped off by the orgs booth as soon as I got in

but alas I guess those who hated the stadium were ok at this one ;-) lol

I think if it's not ready by that point they'd be best just moving the event to London. With it being(I would assume) easier to get guests for London, and a good venue(or 2) there, I'd much rather see it held there than MK.

Used to love going to MK when it was in the mall, but since it moved i've hated those events

It was shorts weather on the Sunday, I went for a long walk. Outside the stadium was fine. Just inside was the complete opposite.

I've not seen anything online to see the venue situation will change anytime soon. They've played some of the sports at the shopping centre!

The sports area was freezing half the time - it suddenly got very warm if you went about 5 metres into the rest of the hall, but as someone who spent all weekend working with the sports guests in the cold part of the hall, I'd have enjoyed a little bit of heat ;)

Temperature was okay for me, it wasn't too hot, if anything the sports area was too cold.

As one of the Sports GAs for the weekend, I agree it was a tad chilly down that end, but this was due to the fact that there were two refridgerated artic trailers directly below us, keep the (beer?) drinks cool for the show downstairs, but my jumper was enough to keep me warm. Well, that, and the amazingly funny banter between guests who have known each other for decades!