Sunday Report

Thoroughly enjoyed myself as always, met Tom Wopat, Cary Elwes, Marshall Bell, Alice Krige, Carl Weathers, Belinda McClory ( gorgeous wasn't she ), and AJ Buckley, all except Carl and Cary ( both no posed photos ) were happy to have a photo taken with them as well. Disappointed that the Carl Weathers talk was cancelled at 4.15pm !! as had I known earlier I would have gone home a couple of hours before, I 'm guessing the "scheduling conflict" was that he had gone home. Many thanks as always to everyone involved, already looking forward to next years shows. :lol:

I agree, sunday was excellent, guests were chatty and willing to break the rules on the posed picture front, the crew were really helpful, the cosplay people were amazing, my autistic son had a great day, looking forward to the next one,

but main thanks go's to Denis lawson, you are my wingman

I could only manage the sunday and there was good and bad, I don't think it was as busy so guuests were more chatty annd cheerfull which was great. I got there and everyone seemed to go to lunch at the same so was left looking round the same stalls for ages. Waited ages for Dennis Lawson as everyone was going up for like 20 items! I think a max limit would've been a good idea so less dealers and more genuine fans could've got the chance to meet and gain his autograph.

A great mixture of guests and wish I could've got the matrix and BTTF guests but lack of funds prevented that! I think Collectormania London's have even been better than LFCCs!

:thumbup:

I attended both days and think Saturday was definately the busier day. Although none of the guests really pulled me to the event I still had a great time. Loved the Matrix guests and got to ask my question in the talk. Overall I think the queueing entry system was much better and it was nice to be in the warm. All the guests that I saw were quite friendly and chatty and overall I think i preferred this to LFCC, there was more space and the whole atmosphere just seemed so much more relaxed.

If I may point out one or two things i personally noticed though: we were all asked to take photos at the beginning of talks then try and limit the flash on the guests. I was more than happy to do this but it meant that my photos were terrible. The whole stage area was dark and gloomy and it would have been better if the guests could have been a bit more lit up. Also if there was more light fewer of us would need to use the flash. Also the Matrix talk was really short compared to the others that i went to which was a bit disappointing considering there were 4 guests talking. The last thing was one guy had the mic for 4 questions. The crew were making little effort to give everyone a chance at asking questions and although i asked mine someone else may have not got their question answered.

Other than this this was a great event and a special guest mention has to go to Alice Krige who was wonderful and chatty and more than happy to come out from her table to have a picture taken.

Waited ages for Dennis Lawson as everyone was going up for like 20 items! I think a max limit would've been a good idea so less dealers and more genuine fans could've got the chance to meet and gain his autograph.

I think most of the people getting large numbers of autographs were genuine fans, I know there was a guy just in front of me who had over 30 items for Denis to sign and had flown over from Seattle just to get him and the guy behind me had 16 which he was getting for himself and various friends. That's a Grand towards his appearance fee just between those two. I'm not speculating (or indeed caring) about how much it took to persuade Denis to do his first signing, but it's the people who buy large numbers who make it viable regardless of whether they are fans or dealers.

Waited ages for Dennis Lawson as everyone was going up for like 20 items! I think a max limit would've been a good idea so less dealers and more genuine fans could've got the chance to meet and gain his autograph.

I think most of the people getting large numbers of autographs were genuine fans, I know there was a guy just in front of me who had over 30 items for Denis to sign and had flown over from Seattle just to get him and the guy behind me had 16 which he was getting for himself and various friends. That's a Grand towards his appearance fee just between those two. I'm not speculating (or indeed caring) about how much it took to persuade Denis to do his first signing, but it's the people who buy large numbers who make it viable regardless of whether they are fans or dealers.

Yeah I agree,went both days and thought it was quiet compared to other years. still thought it was ok though.

Just one question about Sunday, did Joe Calzaghe actually sign anything at all over the course of the day?!

I was surprised at his price but more so at the no posed photos sign, he might have been a great boxer but he is retired, has suffered reputation wise in his private life and is hardly Ali or Tyson

Just one question about Sunday, did Joe Calzaghe actually sign anything at all over the course of the day?!

I was surprised at his price but more so at the no posed photos sign, he might have been a great boxer but he is retired, has suffered reputation wise in his private life and is hardly Ali or Tyson

That didn't sit all that well with me either, I met him at another event a couple of years back, just after the Kessler fight. Back then he was charging half the price and willingly posed for photos at the table.

I was feeling rough all weekend so sorry if i wasnt all that chatty. if I blanked anyone im really sorry, I didnt mean to!

I look worse than normal in my shoots cos I was feeling rough so dont like them very much, in fact this is the first event were ive ahted all my photos, but thats down to me and how I look, malcolm and co were great as always.

sunday seemed like there was hardly any attendees there lol. last year btoh ddays i thought were busier

the guests were great, I loved biehns talk, he is a legend, please bring him back.

the who talk was good but to short

on the talks I think SM really need to sort them out regarding the microphone, some talks there was no mic for the attendees to ask, others the crew were to slow to react. at least get them to the level of the ME cons. the who talk the guests went round themselfs with the mic, which was fun but only started off cos the crew wernt up for it. biehns talk both days half the questions you couldnt hear, he had to stand up and walk closer to us and we had to project to him. his mic also cut out a few times, and on the who talk also.

aside that the crew were as fantastic as always, many thanks!!!!

the hall, not a fan of olympia myself and it was FAR to hot in there, I had rosey cheeks all weekend and with a even pale face than normal it wasnt a good look lol

some of the crew were gorgeous!! (female of course, dont be getting any ideas boys lol) still its been a while.

hope mercedes feels better soon!

and waht exactly happened with paul darrow?

also in future if there is a reunion type going on ala 66 boys can we have a photo shoot please, there was a matrix one a A2A one and last photo ops were an hour earlier than they normaly are, so very disapointed there wasnt a 66 group shot, or a 3 doctors one whilst im on it.

overall great event, great guests, shame about the big pull outs though.

thanks to jason, paul, tootall and all the crew.

sunday seemed like there was hardly any attendees there lol. last year btoh ddays i thought were busier

Certainly the preshow queues were shorter. But I think we were more evenly distributed through the day. I only had two VQTs, and one of them was open queue by the time I got back.

some of the crew were gorgeous!! (female of course, dont be getting any ideas boys lol) still its been a while.

Some of them? All of them surely :WINCE: Hope the girls aren't insulted they haven't got their own thread yet, I'm not the one to start it though!

Edited by TerraHawk

Yes, definitely. I had tons of friends begging me to get stuff too, with one person trying to come in from Chicago and three from Los Angeles.

For Star Wars fans his appearance was definitely Holy Grail level, and lots of fans (like my friend from Chicago) thought they'd never get his autograph.

I agree with most, it was quiet. But I wasn't complaining :)

Most celebrities went open queue after lunch time. I got most autographs on Saturday so only had Michael Biehn.

Highlights

1. Ahmed Best talk - it started at 10:15am so there were hardly anyone there. So I posed a personal, sport related questions. I then asked whether he was religious because he started the talk the the phrase, "Praise Jesus" and he called me "Literal Man". I felt sorry for Ahmed because it looked like a conversation between him,myself and another fan.

2. Doctor Who talk - this was absolutel brilliant. Sylvester McCoy did the roving microphone with paul McGann taking over. It was warm hearted and humourous.

3. A J Buckley talk - I asked him a question about his most memorable CSI NY episode. He said it was one that has yet to be shown here but involved him playing a bigger role (web cam murder). Talk about spoilers.

Photoshoots - Joe Calzaghe is a real gent. As for Cary Elwes, our photoshoot stopped mid way because the photographer asked Cary to comb his hair over his right ear.

I have to say the doctor who talk made my day of course along with meeting the three doctors afterwards.:WINCE:

They all just felt at ease with one another.

Before the talk started, someone had shouted was Katy related to the person she was seen walking to the show with (didn't catch the name, please help!). She replied "I'm working on it" LOL.

The signing queue for Katy, incidentally, was long on Sunday.

also in future if there is a reunion type going on ala 66 boys can we have a photo shoot please, there was a matrix one a A2A one and last photo ops were an hour earlier than they normaly are, so very disapointed there wasnt a 66 group shot, or a 3 doctors one whilst im on it.

I agree about the 66 Team photo, it would have been great, failing that a talk by them would have been equally good.

and i was suprised that Sir Geoff Hurst, didn't do a photoshoot.

He was in demand for most of saturday (from what i could tell), signing and posing for photos....

i would have assumed a photoshoot for this legend, would have been profitable business for all parties.

If I may point out one or two things i personally noticed though: we were all asked to take photos at the beginning of talks then try and limit the flash on the guests. I was more than happy to do this but it meant that my photos were terrible. The whole stage area was dark and gloomy and it would have been better if the guests could have been a bit more lit up. Also if there was more light fewer of us would need to use the flash.

Other than this this was a great event and a special guest mention has to go to Alice Krige who was wonderful and chatty and more than happy to come out from her table to have a picture taken.

I mentione dthis in the 'saturday' report thread.

The light was terrible - even sat (amongst the 10 people I think) in the front row for Noah Hathaway's talk in the morning you could only get a decent picture with a flash and he was saty directly in front of us and not even on the stage.

During the movie quiz thing - you caouldn't see a thing it was so dark.

More thought should of been put into the talk lighting - sound etc was great but the worse lightning i have ever seen (or not seen LOL) at any event.

And yes, Alice Krige was amazing!!

He was in demand for most of saturday (from what i could tell), signing and posing for photos....

i would have assumed a photoshoot for this legend, would have been profitable business for all parties.

Maybe they are still feeling their way with the sports guests, hopefully the weekend and the feedback on here will have proven there is a demand for photoshoots with sports guests (Tyson seemed to sell plenty as well!)

Maybe they are still feeling their way with the sports guests, hopefully the weekend and the feedback on here will have proven there is a demand for photoshoots with sports guests (Tyson seemed to sell plenty as well!)

humm, other sports guests had shoots AND before my time but they have done a 66 group shot before! another amzing thing ive missed, why did I not know about these sooner!!!! arghhhh

humm, other sports guests had shoots AND before my time but they have done a 66 group shot before! another amzing thing ive missed, why did I not know about these sooner!!!! arghhhh

This probably wouldn't be a good place to post the shot of me with 8 of the team of '66 taken at MK a few years ago then :)