Buffy reboot - without Joss!

yellowmarlin

Its isnt butffy without joss, smg and the rest of the cast! TBF thw writter actually seems genuinly nice (tho i dont agree with her calling herself a fan) and just doing a job to get herself started, we sud blame the WB.. I for one wont be watching and is not intrested!

Edited by Sazzzy

they may have the name but without the tv cast and joss its not really buffy but a bad vampire movie, i am not going to waste my money on it!

Agreed. It's Buffy in name only.

The only way that I'll go and see it is if it gets really good reviews. Which, quite frankly, I doubt is all that likely.

I find it very interesting that a movie that effectively tanked at the box office, followed by a series that initially no one wanted to touch with a barge pole is now being considered for another movie.

Oh but of course this is after Joss has proved that it works (over 8 blinking series), and after WB have seen that vamps sell tickets.

But it's not going to feature any of the Buffy cast, or characters, or crew. So why call it Buffy? It's a completely differnet movie, with the Buffy brand stuck on it in the hope that all the Buffy fans will fall over themselves to see it!

Really, what is the point?

I've nothing against vamp movies, and would have no problem with this, other than the fact that they are effectively piggybacking on an established brand. It says to me that they have no faith in their concept or their plot, and they are hoping to create interest and draw by exploiting someone elses idea

I find it very interesting that a movie that effectively tanked at the box office, followed by a series that initially no one wanted to touch with a barge pole is now being considered for another movie.

Oh but of course this is after Joss has proved that it works (over 8 blinking series), and after WB have seen that vamps sell tickets.

But it's not going to feature any of the Buffy cast, or characters, or crew. So why call it Buffy? It's a completely differnet movie, with the Buffy brand stuck on it in the hope that all the Buffy fans will fall over themselves to see it!

I've nothing against vamp movies, and would have no problem with this, other than the fact that they are effectively piggybacking on an established brand. It says to me that they have no faith in their concept or their plot, and they are hoping to create interest and draw by exploiting someone elses idea

i think what you have said perfectl sums it up, i think there selling the name because they think thats what will draw people in, but i wont we love buffy because of what it was, what joss created not what WB want to make money out of.

i thin they wud be better taking the idea of buffy.. "strong powerful women who slays vampire" and going with that instead of the name, i dont think it wud be hates so much. but meh

http://www.facebook.com/ImwithJoJo?v=wall

Here Here!!!!

Especially now this idea has backfired because pretty much everyone who likes the show is against this movie from the start. So if they don't have a built in audience with the Whedonites, they'll just be marketing to the vampire crazed tweens who probably haven't even heard of Buffy and therefore the name is irrelevant.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

its a ridiculously bad idea, ill still go see it but i have to say that im glad they are remaking the 1992 film rather than the a movie of the series, ive not met a single buffy fan yet that thinks its a good idea though actually ive not met anyone who thinks its a good idea haha :D

Edited by bp_buffy1990

• 4 months later...

Lol. I had a friend/collegue over who is really in to Dutch movies. So I showed him Buffy the movie, because Rutger Hauer plays the big bad in that one. He hadn't seen it yet, but he was laughing out loud ;).

Whatever they decide to do with the Buffy reboot, I really hope it gets serious treatment and not something flaky... To be honoust, I would probably go watch it anyway, even if it's just out of curiousity.