Buffy - re-vamp

thedude57

sources state that

"Warner Bros. announced plans to remake 1992′s Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which gave birth to the much-loved Sarah Michelle Gellar-headed TV series "

"While details are sparse, filmmakers claim the movie would not revisit the vampire slayer’s high school days, attempting instead to capture the “witty, tough, and sexy†heroine in a new way. The team behind the project includes Dark Knight producer Charles Roven and relative newcomer Whit Anderson. The movie could hit theaters in 2012 or late 2011,"

watch this space for future updates

what do you think about this?

I don't understand why they feel they need to remake it. We don't need/want a new Buffy we loved the one we have. ;)

I remember reading something about the film, that the people who originally made it (minus Joss) still owns the movie rights so they want to remake it or something like that. But to me there's no point. I'll admit I'm interested to see what it will turn out like though.

never thought much of the original film, never got into the tv series, could never take SMG seriously as an action hero. saw a few eps that intrigued me but was all rather silly from the small amount I saw, but seems to me there just jumping on the twilight band wagon announcing a buffy revamp.

yer buffy angel, blade ect were long gone in ppls mind when twi came about since twi there has been nothing but bloody vampires, vampire diaries, true blood, daybreakers, scary movie parodies ect, all on at the same time or similar times. im sure if it were not for twi a buffy remake would not be on the cards. I bet they just end up making a female human blade movie.