Um... will I know what's going on?

crazyminx

Hi regular Hub goers!

I've just got into TW over the last few months and reeeeally want to go to either this Hub or the next one (or both, depending on guests!), but my question is...

I've never been to the Hub before, and never met any of the TW cast before (except James Marsters) but it seems like most people going are repeat attendees, so will I know what's going on? I don't mean like for autos and stuff, cos I've been to ME events (Hallowhedon!), I mean will all the talks be full of private jokes and things? will they be filled with references to previous hubs that I don't understand? Will all the actors already have answered all the usual questions about the show and now only answer strange obscure ones such as what they'd like to come back as if they're reincarnated?

oh and will everyone else know each other? I'm probably going with my mum (another slightly less rabid TW fan!) so if everyone could come and talk to me...that would be awesome :D

As far as I know, James hasn't been to a hub before. He was supposed to come but he got hurt so he couldn't so he is as new as you are and therefore won't know any jokes :P

I do know some people at the hubs but it's pretty easy to make friends, nobody seems to mind you going up and talking to them.

Ben Loyd Holmes did have boobs on his shoes and did a lot of dancing at parties at the previous hub but that's all you've missed :P

I'll probs see you there :)

PS Who's biting your neck in your pic? x

Edited by Jackness

• Moderators

There are usually at least a few 'new' guests at each Hub, and even those that are repeats are unlikely to fill their talks with 'in jokes' - the only one I really remember from Hub 5 was someone asking Kai about the baby not being called Duncan (which he'd answered a question with at I think it was Hub 3...)

The repeat guests may have answered most of their Torchwood-related questions before, but there are always some repeat questions, and a lot of the time they are asked more about what they've been doing before/since Torchwood than they are about Torchwood!

And yes, a lot of us know each other pretty well by now, but most of us are also more than happy to welcome new people into our fold. Even among the regulars, there are people I only finally spoke to at Hub 5.

Edited by etmuse

As far as I know, James hasn't been to a hub before. He was supposed to come but he got hurt so he couldn't so he is as new as you are and therefore won't know any jokes :YAHOO:

I do know some people at the hubs but it's pretty easy to make friends, nobody seems to mind you going up and talking to them.

Ben Loyd Holmes did have boobs on his shoes and did a lot of dancing at parties at the previous hub but that's all you've missed :dance:

Ahh I wondered what all the 'boob shoes' comments were about! :P

That sounds good then :P

Oh and that is James Marsters in the pic... yay :YAHOO:

As far as I know, James hasn't been to a hub before. He was supposed to come but he got hurt so he couldn't so he is as new as you are and therefore won't know any jokes :YAHOO:

Ben Loyd Holmes did have boobs on his shoes and did a lot of dancing at parties at the previous hub but that's all you've missed :dance:

Ahh I wondered what all the 'boob shoes' comments were about! :P

That sounds good then :P

Oh and that is James Marsters in the pic... yay :YAHOO:

Oh my goodness you lucky lucky thing. I'm not jealous. At all...

!

x

*faints at the Marsters neck biting* :WAVE:

I've only been to 1 Hub, Hub 3 last year. I didn't know anyone other than my friend Amazonherb, but so many people were lovely and friendly, I made some great friends, most of whom I'll see at this Hub!

People are really easy to talk to, there isn't that much by way of 'in-jokes', except among friendship groups (which happens everywhere tbh), and most people are very approachable.

No doubt there will be an 'Introduce Yourself' thread nearer to the time, with piccies on so you can see the freaks lovely people that you will be spending the weekend with!

angelkitty - Yep I nearly fainted too! :P I literally had trouble standing up for a while afterwards, I was all weak at the knees! he seemed very happy to do it for lots of girls so sure you could ask him too :P

Intro thread sounds good, I like to recognise random people when I'm there! :D

Sarah - thanks, have added you and joined the group!!

Hi CrazyMinx,

I think I've seen you before at other events (been to most of them this year actually).

Everyone is dead friendly and I've met some lovely people there, and some of them have become my closest friends.

I generally start talking to people and first question I have is "Are you on the Showmasters Forum and if so, who are you".

Come say hi if you see me - just make it slightly earlier on the Friday as it'll be my birthday and I may be slightly anhebriated later in the evening.

xx

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I have my own plans for the boy :firedevil: they involve a burlap sack :dance:

I am available if you need any help with that :D

Hi CrazyMinx,

I think I've seen you before at other events (been to most of them this year actually).

Everyone is dead friendly and I've met some lovely people there, and some of them have become my closest friends.

I generally start talking to people and first question I have is "Are you on the Showmasters Forum and if so, who are you".

Come say hi if you see me - just make it slightly earlier on the Friday as it'll be my birthday and I may be slightly anhebriated later in the evening.

xx

Ooh I've been recognised! I feel famous :D Thanks, I will def say hi if I see you :smile: