Enterprise On the Rocks

emotionalvampire

This might not be news to some of you, but Enterprise is not doing as well as the bigwigs at Paramount had hoped.Due to recent ratings there is a very good possibility that it could be axed at the end of the season.

Due to the strength of Next Gen, DS9 and Voyager were signed up straight away to do a 7 year run (or basically 7 seasons). Enterprise is on a season by season contract only.

Could this be the end of the Star Trek franchise?

I read that the likely outcome would be a move to another day/slot in the US. Possible Friday evening which is not the best.

Maybe they will suspend it for a year or two.. but who knows..

I don't think it will be the end of the franchise.. It's too strong.. If it is cancelled, they will come up with something else..

Don't forget, it usually takes 3 seasons for any trek season to take off.. So if they go into a fourth season and it doesn't improve, then it may signal the end for Enterprise.

Personally, I enjoy Enterprise and even more so with the change of direction in season 3.

I never enjoyed TNG until Season 3 and this Season of Enterprise hasnt been too bad, getting really good now that they are on their way to destroy the weapon, only problem is what will they do once that is done, seems like anything else would be a anti-climax after saving the earth, they should have stuck with exploring for another season or 2 then done this story line.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

I don't think it will be the end of the franchise.. It's too strong.. If it is cancelled, they will come up with something else..

Dont get me wrong in what I am about to say. I am a Star Trek fan as well.

In some respects, Star Trek is already on the downhill climb. What was said before Nemesis came out about if it did well, that what signal another film. Nemesis did not do well at the box office at all. The chances are then that there will not be another film.

Now the current series is also not doing too well and as you rightly said (and I forget to mention) they might move it to a new slot on a new day. This all boils down to popularity and to, in the end, financial reasons. If the show becomes less and less popular, Viacom (who own Paramount and UPN, the station that airs the show first) will no longer finance the show.

I think that Enterprise seems to have improved slightly since last season and could have a good arc story going but I do feel like everything in it seems a bit wooden .... if you know what I mean. I much prefere Deep Space Nine there is more of a warming to characters ( as you can relate to them as they do sort off normal things ) Maybe with a bit more character development then it could be really good or maybe because DSN had various none alien characters to develop and a higher amount of recurring character . I have enjoyed most of the episodes so far though this season I must say ......so i sort off hoped it does not get cancelled.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved th first two seasons but this last one no can't say I like it that much. Oh don't get me wrong I wouldn't miss a single episode but, the episodes seem to be to similar and there doesn't seem to be any change. Its a little slow for me at the moment. :borg:

I loved th first two seasons but this last one no can't say I like it that much. Oh don't get me wrong I wouldn't miss a single episode but, the episodes seem to be to similar and there doesn't seem to be any change. Its a little slow for me at the moment. :P

I agree, but the 3rd season is really rocking at the moment.

Saw the trip double episode last night Similitude that was quite good but its just that they haven't really kicked much but this season. I thought they were here to stop the zindy, not play cowboys and indians or what ever else they can come up with. Its like they are thinking. "Hum what to do an episode on cant think of anything hum lets make it up as we go along"

After so many years of Star Trek I suppose it is hard to be original ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The last couple of episodes of Enterprise have been pretty good , I think now that they have brought a new writter Mani Koty (not sure if thats how it is spelt ) things could get really good.....the last two were wrote by him and I enjoyed them ... so we will see.... :lol::(

• 2 weeks later...

don't all shoot me, I know how many fans of "Jonathon Archer" there are out there (soz but it's 1:30am and I'm having a mental block as to his real name and the show he was in before... d'oh!) but he really bugs me!

however I like Enterprise it is interesting but I don't like this huge season? long arc thing that has been set up since I think the s2 finale? I may not be right here as I'm not totally up to speed cause I can't watch it in uni cause we don't have Sky1... I prefer the stand alone epsiodes or episodes that do intertwine but not huge arcs like this where if you have missed a few eps you are rather lost :D I had this prob trying to watch it when I am home from uni - on Monday Archer had long hair and the brige stuff wasn't happening on the bridge?!?! :wub: oh well! :D xx

Its getting quite good now, have to admit some of the early episodes of Season 3 were not that good but the latest (Episode 18) was great and cant wait to see what happens next, dont want to spoil it but something major happened and hard to believe they can carry it on.

If any spoilers are added please can you make sure to add a spoiler space or do it another thread clearly marked as I don't want to know what happens!

Thanks - I am enjoying the last few episodes that have been on in the UK, not sure what number we are up to though. :)

Taken from a Trek news site today.. Hopefully some good news!!

Star Trek: Enterprise will return for a fourth season, the programming coordinator for UPN 11 in Seattle, Washington has told the Trek Nation.

"We are happy to confirm that Enterprise will return this fall on UPN," wrote Kathy Walker of KSTW.

Walker said that the affiliates were being told that the final episode of the 2003-4 television season - "Zero Hour", scheduled to air on Wednesday, May 26th - was to be billed as a season finale, not a series finale.

UPN has made no definitive statement about whether or not Enterprise will return in the fall. An official announcement is expected at the network's upfront presentation in New York on May 20th.

Until the network itself or Paramount Television confirms that the series will return, any news about Enterprise's future must be treated as tentative, subject to change by the network or the production company.

I don't understand matine, are you upset that Enterprise might be coming back for a fourth season? - I for one am loving Enterprise and apart from the original series, I've have loved everything that has made Star Trek what it is today

Were you just joking or is there something that you really hate about Enterprise? :lol::unsure:

PLEASE SAY UR JOKING, PLEASE :lol:

Edited by zebredy

Well Archer/Scott Bacular ain't that bad

Just a quick question for any of you people out there in the States, just wondered what episode your up to or has the third season finished over there yet, I have been reading some spoilers in the magazines and:

(A SPOILER ALERT)

Is there not an episode coming up which is called Doctors Orders, where Doc Phlox has to put everyone into a coma to survive some trans-dimentional thing,

Now is it just me or has this not been done before in Voyager where everyone had to be put to sleep so that they could get through a large area of space, and only the doc and 7of9 were awake and she kept halusunating (hope I'm right)

(END SPOILER)

You know, as much as I never want Star Trek to end, there does come a point when all they can do is repeat themselves, or so it seems. Well after all these years how many more new store lines can they come up with? :lol::unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Since no one else answered, I though I would, In the States they aired episode 20 last week; only 4 episodes of the season left.

There is indeed an episode called Doctors Orders and you are 100% correct in saying that it is nearly identical to the Voyager episode...Right down to T'Pau staying awake etc and going mad!

Anyway, back to the topic. I had a nice chat with John Billingsley on Friday about the future of Enterprise and he couldnt really help. The problem is that the end of May is when the contracts go out to the actors of current shows. This is the time when you find out whether a show is going into a new season or not. As in, no contract, no show!

Since no one else answered, I though I would,  In the States they aired episode 20 last week; only 4 episodes of the season left.

There is indeed an episode called Doctors Orders and you are 100% correct in saying that it is nearly identical to the Voyager episode...Right down to T'Pau staying awake etc and going mad!

That isnt exactly correct about 'Doctors Orders' mate, it isnt T'Pol who goes a little strange, it is Phlox, I know this as I watched the episode back in February but dont want to go into detail and spoiler it for others. The latest episodes have been really good and im looking forward to tonights episode, here is a description of it...

While on their way to face the Xindi Council, Archer and crew encounter a twin NX-01 manned by their own descendants, who warn that the subspace shortcut they intend to take will throw them 100 years into the past, ensuring Earth's destruction.

I just hope it isnt too much like the DS9 season 5 episode 'Children of Time'

That "Doctors Orders" episode wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be.

We had the two parter in this country (UK) on Monday, can't say to much about it as I don't wan't to spoil it for people who don't have sky - but they showed both the episodes side by side which was great. It was a great episode, we need more like that.

I would be devistated if Enterprise finished, if not for the fact that I love Enterpirse, but there is still so much that can be done with it, like visiting Dr Phlox's home planet and starting up the federation - I like the idea that it was the volcans that held the humans back, they are more advanced then the humans, yet it is the humans who are the ones that start the federation. Seeing that storyline develope would be great. :o:o