Date for Chevron 7.6

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi there,

I know that some of you will need to check things before booking for Chevron 7.6 so just wanted to let you know the date a little in advance.

Chevron 7.6 will take place on 6th to 8th May 2011.

Tickets will go on sale at 8am on Sunday morning at Chevron 7.5 and only people attending Chevron 7.5 will be able to buy them before Monday morning! :D

Take care,

Mark :lol:

Putting the date in the calender.. when I get the new calender it will go there too! I wont be able to afford the tickets straight away unfortunatly with christmas coming up etc. but by feb, definatly! it's either that or kids holiday resort, and that is getting old quickly. So the kids resort is out!

But I wonder if.. CML? or C7.6?

Choices!

this is very bad news for me, A - may is choka full of cons, far to many and B - its on the same weekend as something else which is looking very impressive. which means that without RDA ill proberly be out where as if it didnt clash id most likely be in! shame, I thought early in the year chevrons were like in april?

Oh well thats that one out then for me, as its the same weekend as another convention which was announced months ago im already going too!

Exactly my situation!...why organisers can't talk to each other/work together, I'll never know.

But never mind - hope the event is a success but i definately won't be able to make it.

I am guessing that the dates are determined somewhat by guest and/or venue availability rather than the fact that there are at least two other events on for that specific weekend.

this is very bad news for me, A - may is choka full of cons, far to many and B - its on the same weekend as something else which is looking very impressive. which means that without RDA ill proberly be out where as if it didnt clash id most likely be in! shame, I thought early in the year chevrons were like in april?
From the beginning - June, February, November, January, November and now May. I think the January date was partially down to the availability of David Hewlett.

I am guessing that the dates are determined somewhat by guest and/or venue availability rather than the fact that there are at least two other events on for that specific weekend.

From the beginning - June, February, November, January, November and now May. I think the January date was partially down to the availability of David Hewlett.

yea but it does make me wonder who or what they have got for it to be May, esp when SGU is still filming then

Oh well thats that one out then for me, as its the same weekend as another convention which was announced months ago im already going too!

well you are going to miss out on something great

sorry mate

jason :(

Thats the trouble though, you could have the entire 3 series cast making an event unmissable but then you'd be asking people to write off paying for the first event they booked for - I doubt they give refunds either. You only have to look at the dilemma the Timelord had picking between your own Chevron and Dimensions, its gonna pay for people to wait. Which doesn't help anyone.

well you are going to miss out on something great

sorry mate

jason :(

Problem is the thing it clashes with also has something great, and may is choka already, clashing events forces most of us to choose, for me it's down to guests, 7.6 is far far behind right now so I'm out, however get RDA or a sg1 reunion or movie reunion and I'll come chevron I reckon, I've not committed yet so am open to persuasion but for others it's not they already booked elsewhere based on a strong li e up and I can't blame them

Looking forward to ur 7.6 announcement though, but again more dilemas, perhaps it was unavoidable due to the guests involved but it's not fair on us bein forced to choose, I'm still upset about chevron and dimensions, even more so with the cancelations on chevron, but I am looking forward to chevron,

I'm on my mobile sorry for the spelling writing fast on the mob lol

• Moderators

The problem is that there's no way that every convention organiser can take into account each other's events. There's only so much time in the year, and they are going to focus on when the guests are available rather than what is going on with other events.

It's not ideal, but it has to happen sometimes.

• Showmasters Admin

I know the guys DO look at other events and try not to clash, as DB has said sometimes it's just not possible to avoid other events. Either due to venue or guest availablity.

I know that in this case there was no choice.

As for Chevron and Dimensions, it was decided that there was unlikely to be a huge overlap in fanbases between a Docter Who event in Newcastle and a Stargate event in Northampton. Rob I understand it affects you, but sorry not doing something because it affects maybe 5-10 people is not a good business reason for not doing something.

Well, I reckon that holding the second (or is that the first??) con mid-year willl make it more accessible for a lot more people - My wife and I'll definitely be going (there's no way that we could have made it in Jan).

Absolutely CANNOT wait for 7.6!! It's gonna be sooo cool!!

See you all there!

yea but it does make me wonder who or what they have got for it to be May, esp when SGU is still filming then

The big question is, do SGU get another season :blink:

I'm really looking forward to the event. It's a little hectically coz there is a big event in Germany the weekend before, but I will be there :dance: