Must buy new guest photos please help

Emma Forever

SM can't seem to win! They keep it a surprise, some of you moan. If they reveal who it is and the guest cancels at a later date all hell breaks loose like it has in the past. So, to save that from happening again, it's better to keep it a surprise.

I can understand the points made for either way - keeping it a surprise or making the big anouncement (should there be one to be made)

But...could we not have maybe 24 hours notice...or at least a 24 hour before hint (Vampire or Wolf/Big Twilight star or Big Movie star) or something like that?! Just because, as someone else has pointed out, if it did happen to be someone I really want to meet *cough*seemysig*cough* I have a ton of things at home I'd love for him to sign and it would be both a pain in the ass and a disapointment to bring them all just in case and then take them home again unsigned (and probably slightly damaged for nothing!) Plus...my outfits for the day would probably change :WINCE::D

Just an idea....

I *think* the guests being such short notice at ET4 was a 1 off. I doubt it'll happen again unless of course a guest pulls out at the last minute therefore the replacement is last minute too which is what happened at ET4.

I don't think SM would keep someone like Jackson or Kellan a suprise guest, they'd announce them before the event.

Only the trio would they keep as a suprise which they've said themselves.

It makes sense that they may wait until closer to the event to announce a 'big' guest, as like others have said... the guest could cancel and all hell would break lose.

But I think if that did happen, more the fool on the person(s) who bought a ticket for one particular guest, ET4 should have taught almost everyone a lesson, there are simply no guarantees that the guests are completely 100%.

Edited by leannezoeii

I don't think SM would keep someone like Jackson or Kellan a suprise guest, they'd announce them before the event.

It makes sense that they may wait until closer to the event to announce a 'big' guest, as like others have said... the guest could cancel and all hell would break lose.

But I think if that did happen, more the fool on the person(s) who bought a ticket for one particular guest, ET4 should have taught almost everyone a lesson, there are simply no guarantees that the guests are completely 100%.

I agree that you shouldnt buy a ticket based on a sole guest but if people didnt buy a ticket based on guests they wanna meet, then ME would never sell any!! Sure some folk will buy a ticket before any announcements are made, but if we're honest with ourselves, most people, as with any event, not just the ET's will buy theirs on the basis of whats guests are announced to attend.

I mean whats the point in telling us time and time again that they try their best to go after the guests we want, get them, announce them but then say dont buy your ticket based on these guests. Its kinda pointless and redundant. They get these guests for exactly that reason, because they know we want them and will increase ticket sales. Otherwise, whats the point of running a con business ?

We all know that guests can pull out at any time regardless of whether they are big names or not. Bottom line is people will always be disapointed if someone cancels, thats just a given. But everyone knows that if a guest does cancel it not SM/ME fault but that still doesnt change the fact that if your disapointed, your disapointed.

If you always approach the process of buying a ticket like " well, maybe I shouldnt buy one yet, incase someone cancels", then SM/ME would see a sharp drop in ticket sales, which in turn would have a knock on effect. We get told on many occasion, they need the tickets sales to secure the bigger guests so if we all waited to buy our tickets to see if any guests dropped out, it stands to reason, at some point they wouldnt afford to get any guests period?

Then what? Then it would come back on us, being told we're not supporting the events. Its a catch 22, one that will always garner differing opinions, cause conflict and never be solved.

We'all just have to accept we all have different ways of looking at things, dealing with things and approaching things.

ET4 experienced a particularly harsh run of bad luck as far as guests were concerned and hopefully we wont have to encounter that sort of situation again.

I liked the whole Gil and Charlie 'surprise' but I would also like notice, but then if they cancel, like Peter did, I would be totally devastated. Hard choice whichever way you approach it I suppose.

But if we do have a big guest can we have a little notice (24-48hours before hand would do) Just so I can take something special to get signed :)

Also if you do happen to get a certain Mr Facinelli, could you give us a bit more notice so I can take out a loan so I can bid on the encounters? lol :wub:

I agree that you shouldnt buy a ticket based on a sole guest but if people didnt buy a ticket based on guests they wanna meet, then ME would never sell any!! Sure some folk will buy a ticket before any announcements are made, but if we're honest with ourselves, most people, as with any event, not just the ET's will buy theirs on the basis of whats guests are announced to attend.

I mean whats the point in telling us time and time again that they try their best to go after the guests we want, get them, announce them but then say dont buy your ticket based on these guests. Its kinda pointless and redundant. They get these guests for exactly that reason, because they know we want them and will increase ticket sales. Otherwise, whats the point of running a con business ?

We all know that guests can pull out at any time regardless of whether they are big names or not. Bottom line is people will always be disapointed if someone cancels, thats just a given. But everyone knows that if a guest does cancel it not SM/ME fault but that still doesnt change the fact that if your disapointed, your disapointed.

If you always approach the process of buying a ticket like " well, maybe I shouldnt buy one yet, incase someone cancels", then SM/ME would see a sharp drop in ticket sales, which in turn would have a knock on effect. We get told on many occasion, they need the tickets sales to secure the bigger guests so if we all waited to buy our tickets to see if any guests dropped out, it stands to reason, at some point they wouldnt afford to get any guests period?

Then what? Then it would come back on us, being told we're not supporting the events. Its a catch 22, one that will always garner differing opinions, cause conflict and never be solved.

We'all just have to accept we all have different ways of looking at things, dealing with things and approaching things.

ET4 experienced a particularly harsh run of bad luck as far as guests were concerned and hopefully we wont have to encounter that sort of situation again.

What I meant by "all hell would break lose" was aimed at people who start moaning to no end about the guest they bought the ticket for cancelling. Yes, obviously it would be disappointing I didn't say it wouldn't, but everyone should prepare themselves for it because there is always a chance no matter how big or "little" the guest is.

And I don't believe I said anything about waiting till closer to the time to buy a ticket??

Simple answer is -

If SM do announce a 'big' guest now and they happen to cancel later, it is not their fault (which I know you stated) but the majority of 'disappointed' posts that do happen usually aim certains points at SM "you promised us bigger and better" blah,blah... which are true comments to make... but to truely believe in something so easily but unintentionally broken is extremely naive.

Goodbyeee. :WAVE:

What I meant by "all hell would break lose" was aimed at people who start moaning to no end about the guest they bought the ticket for cancelling. Yes, obviously it would be disappointing I didn't say it wouldn't, but everyone should prepare themselves for it because there is always a chance no matter how big or "little" the guest is.

And I don't believe I said anything about waiting till closer to the time to buy a ticket??

Simple answer is -

If SM do announce a 'big' guest now and they happen to cancel later, it is not their fault (which I know you stated) but the majority of 'disappointed' posts that do happen usually aim certains points at SM "you promised us bigger and better" blah,blah... which are true comments to make... but to truely believe in something so easily but unintentionally broken is extremely naive.

Goodbyeee. :thumbup:

I dont disagree with any of the points you made, I was simply taking your points one step fiurther and looking at them from other points of view.

I dont believe I said anything about you saying to wait a to buy a ticket either :headscratch: ...If you look back at the previous post, when I mentioned that particular point, I was referring to what SM usually say, in response to "moans" about cancellations.

Its just a tricky situation, that like people have said before, will never have a perfect solution regardless of what SM or anyone else says.

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked my Gold ET 5 ticket. *Squeee*!!

Ok, I know who the big secret guest is. I know he’s also been told not to say anything and its a big secret so I’m not going to name names cos of what I heard at the convention and I don’t want to spoil it for anyone, but I just want to say a HUUUUUGEE thankyou so much, you guys are the best!!

I need to know how I can get extra photos with? I had to get a gold ticket this time when I found out and I know I’ll get one with all the guests, but I’m greedy and want another 3 more (I want a hundred more but I’ll settle for 3!). I want 1 in costume and also another 2 in my fave dress as well, so how’s it going to work if I need to go and get changed? And do we have to buy them like we did for Charlie and Gil after the opening ceremony? I want to buy extras and don’t want to miss out but I know people will be lining up before the opening ceremony so I don’t want to miss them. Can you help please cos I know when people find out its going to be super crazy, and if anyone finds out tell no one till the opening ceremony or we might not get to buy extras!

I am so happy I want to cry! ET 5 is going to rock, sm you are the best!!! :dance:

I have to say I kinda hope that IF a BIG guest was there, then hopefully standards would be given some sort of chance to buy photo opportunities first. After all Golds & Silvers SHOULD have a photo with the guest anyway & in my opinion we should all be given a chance. I would love to buy a gold or silver pass to every event, but I sadly just don't have that kind of money & I would feel gutted if I wasn't given a chance at getting a picture done. Just my opinion!!

It will of course depend on the guest. Really big guests may not even do photo sessions, not even for Gold Ticket holders.

But if you look at Richard Dean Anderson at the Chevron show there will be photo tickets on sale besides the Gold/Silver Pass holders' photos. So there absolutely a chance.

• Showmasters Admin

hi just been reading this thread

when we have a big guest attend our event we like to be able to offer the same options as we do for the smaller guests , photo ops extra signing etc , with our Stargate con we have an issues were the big guest cannot sign for that long and because of this we have agreed for him to only sign for the gold and silver the standard will get a signed photo but it will be signed before the con and given out at the show , this is a rare thing for us as we like to give you all the chance of a like signed autograph signed in front of you .

as the guests from twilight are young and up for meeting lots of you over a weekend i do not think there would be any issues with getting a live autograph from them .

THAT IS IF WE DO GET A BIG "A" LIST GUEST IN THE FUTURE ? .

Jason :WAVE:

I had a standard ticket for ET4 and when the "surprise" guests came, yes, I had to queue up to get my photoshoots - just like i did when I arrived - I had to wait in line for my shoot passes. my friends in Gold and Silver though didn't have to - unless they wanted multiples etc.

ET4 was a fab weekend, the surprises were awesome. I don't mind surprises at all, it just added to the majic og the whole weekend.

Can't wait till ET5

x