So what of this event if Earls Court centre gets knocked down?

coro

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8472436.stm

Old article I know, but I only heard of it this morning after reading Chelsea FC were interested in building a new ground on the current land, the article also states that since the O2 arena came to fruition, this venue has seen a decline, so can I safely assume this event will also move there, or will this event come to and end along with the Exhibition Centre? I know it's early days yet, but the organisers must have started planning ahead, surely.

• Showmasters Admin

Firstly I'm quite sure LFCC will go on even if EC does not.

Once the plans for EC have been confirmed and (if needed) a new venue is picked and booked. At that point AND ONLY at that point will the organisers announce it.

• 2 weeks later...

EC will stand and run till the olympics ends in 2012, the business lost to the o2 were the concerts, EC is still quite busy most of the year with exhibitions and the odd concert, but the olympics in 2012 may also effect LFCC 2012 as they start end of july no? which would most likely mean no other events in july and the duration possibly, deff something SM should ask about if they havnt already done so. the olympics are effecting things even now as they prepare for 2012 in terms of testing ect.

all the land that ec stands on and the surrounding areas (train tracks, housing ect) were bought and there are many stories of the owners intention, but yes it seems its all coming down after the olympics, but last article I read before all the chelsea crap was it would take 15 years to get from the outskirts where the rebuild and demolition were to start to get to the centre where EC is. so perhaps it wont close directly after the olympics. who knows. Id like to know!

i guess olympia and excel are the only likely alternatives for london and as they already host similar events it should not cost much more to book there. and should not cause much hassle for organization ect either.

the olympics in 2012 may also effect LFCC 2012 as they start end of july no? which would most likely mean no other events in july and the duration possibly, deff something SM should ask about if they havnt already done so. the olympics are effecting things even now as they prepare for 2012 in terms of testing ect.

27 July-12 Aug 2012 so yes they will need a bit of time to get it ready. The other thing is hotels in London could be a tad harder to come by too, if any last minute contracters etc need housing.