latest Guest Announcement - CARY ELWES

showmasters

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been ages since I visited these forums but I am absolutely devastated that I do not have the money to get there and meet Cary-he is an awesome guest and I must congratulate Showmasters for getting him, I just hope he will be able to attend an event in the future (so that I can meet him!).

To everyone who gets to meet him, please report back on the forums what he is like as I am sooooo jealous of you all!

Enjoy-I think I'll go and watch The Princess Bride again now! :D

xxx

• Moderators

So it looks like I'll be using the preorder autograph thing don't know if I can miss his auto do you get to choose which 8 x 10 you get signed?

You can say what you want it from and a vague description (like 'solo shot' or something) and they should do their best to match.

Or you can ask someone who you know is going ..

• Showmasters Admin

oi! dont diss twister!

That is one of my favourite films! :P

You tell him. I love it too.

It was seeing it at the cinema that first got me into suorround sound and home cinema. I WANTED that twister to sound that good in my room :( And now with over 1000 watts of THX 7.1 sound and two 12 inch sub-woofers, it does :D

• Showmasters Admin
THX 7.1 sound and two 12 inch sub-woofers,

Is that 4 rear speakers and 3 front? I never heard of 2 subs for a home cinema set-up, does 2 make all that difference?

Yes it's 4 rear, left, right, left middle and right middle.

I actually have an M&K MX350 which has a 350 watt amp and two 12 inch subs in the same box in a push/pull setup. So hands up, it's not officially two seperate subs. I did try that once but it's a real issue getting them set-up right, I kept finding it caused flat spots in some parts of the room, they'd kind of cancel each other out. So I gave up on that idea and spent far too much money on the M&K.

The M&K can remove pictures from the wall :thumbup:

Edited by Too Tall

I actually have an M&K MX350 which has a 350 watt amp and two 12 inch subs in the same box in a push/pull setup. So hands up, it's not officially two seperate subs. I did try that once but it's a real issue getting them set-up right, I kept finding it caused flat spots in some parts of the room, they'd kind of cancel each other out. So I gave up on that idea and spent far too much money on the M&K.

The M&K can remove pictures from the wall :thumbup:

I have crowned this officially the geekiest comment on the forum EVER and let's face it most of our comments here are geeky. Lord.

The M&K can remove pictures from the wall :D

I have crowned this officially the geekiest comment on the forum EVER and let's face it most of our comments here are geeky. Lord.

:lol:

Thanks for this - having the crappiest day ever but this made me laugh out loud!