ET6 In london?

CharlotteP

PLease, please, PLEASE I'm begging you, can you have ET6 in London? Its hard for me to get up to Birmingham due to family. And I really enjoyed the London prom. Please I beg you *gets on hands and knees* can we have a Twilight con in London, even if its a small one again.

PLease, please, PLEASE I'm begging you, can you have ET6 in London? Its hard for me to get up to Birmingham due to family. And I really enjoyed the London prom. Please I beg you *gets on hands and knees* can we have a Twilight con in London, even if its a small one again.

I dont think the small ones were really worth it for SM and I cant see them picking London for a ET its so much more expensive and the great thing about Birmingham is its central which im guessing is the reason they picked it...that and the hilton is pretty nice...minus the few issues we had this time round.

• Moderators

Moving venues on a regular basis is a problem, as they get to know the staff and the staff get to know what ME need etc.

They moved from Northampton to the bigger venue in Birmingham to expand the event, and I don't see them moving from there unless there's an issue.

And as Cheryl said, the smaller ones didn't do great, so I can't see them happening again.

Unfortunately everyone would love one near them, but so many people come from all over the world no matter where they take place.

i vote for newcastle :P not really, like foreverbella say's it's more like a holiday when we have to travel :poki: for the last 8 years ive only attended conventions at the thistle in heathrow so im sooooooooooo excited about birmingham hilton :yoda:

Here have it in my house it's totally big enough for over 1000 people :D Well ok no it isn't but I'll keep the guests for you :blink: Yeah I'd be ok with it in Newc :YAHOO: however Birmingham's enough of a pain to get too never mind London and the tube and yeah no keep it central (Newcastle) ok ok I'm leaving!

I'd like it to be London just for the fact I love London.

But then Birmingham is very close to home so I save on travel expenses and don't have the pain of trains/coaches.

Ahhh I don't think I'd care wherever it ended up, I'll still be there, 10000 hour train journeys and all. :D

London? No no no!!!

Birmingham is pretty central for us all and keeps the costs down - don't think we'd get rooms as cheap as we do and travel expenses would be doubled.

Plus - the hotel knows what we do and lets us get on with it!

I would imagine it could be very difficult finding a hotel as large as the birmingham hilton and with as much parking at only £7 if ME moved ET6 to London.

ME have a very good relationship with the Hilton and they are very helpful, the staff are amazing for us there! Plus, we took over sooooooooooooo much of the hotel last time, would that even be possible in a London hotel on a regular basis? :D

• Showmasters Admin

I would imagine it could be very difficult finding a hotel as large as the birmingham hilton and with as much parking at only £7 if ME moved ET6 to London.

Indeed for the Twi-proms I was only in the Hilton Metropole London car park for 24 hours and it cost me £25 :D

Edited by Too Tall

Depends on where you're at, when you say Birmingham is more central for everyone.

I'm int he South of Ireland and London would be far easier, and cheaper for me to get to than Birmingham!

But, I don't see it happening when they've got something going good with the hilton and what not.

as they say. if it's not broken, don't fix it :)

no keep it in brum :D lol my mum's house is 20 mins on a bus away so it's nice and easy lol... and tbh... i'd wanted to go to an ET for a while bu couldnt afford it because it was in northampton so when ET3 was in brum i saw it as a sign :) but now i've been i would actually go all the way to northampton if i had to.... but yeah i saw it as a sign and flipped out and got a ticket :)

I have to admit though it did amuse me when someone made a joke about being on the nice side of birmingham? i think they did anyway... that made me laugh.... cause the hilton is not on the nice side of brum... does brum have a nice side? the nice side of the bad side of solihull maybe (if that even made sense....) But yeah that made me lol... i grew up like 20 mins from the hilton... not a nice area....

Here have it in my house it's totally big enough for over 1000 people :o Well ok no it isn't but I'll keep the guests for you :D Yeah I'd be ok with it in Newc ;) however Birmingham's enough of a pain to get too never mind London and the tube and yeah no keep it central (Newcastle) ok ok I'm leaving!

i find it really easy to get to con's in london. im dreading travelling to my first birmingham con :D