Book Discussion Thread

~Jenny~

No, I looked for them as well. Got the first one from the Library, will hopefully start it tomorrow! Depending on when I finish Taken by Midnight.

The only thing is I've got All the Harry Potter films to watch before next Friday, got a book out 30th Nov and with Last Sacrifice out next month I wanted to read them all again. I just hope I can fit the Succubus series in somewhere over the next few weeks. :dance:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, with my low mood i fancied some retale therapy so im on ebay looking at Roxy, Animal, Quicksilver and AnF clothing...... BIG MISTAKE!!!! no reading for me i fear lol

I need to watch the hp films as well, watched the first one the other night, but im also going to be away for 5days so there goes watching any of the others...... oh jenny you always remind me of things i need to be doing :dance:

ive lost count of the amount of times ive read the last book. I was so happy when i heard they were doing the film in 2 parts cos theres so much to fit in...... actually id quite like to read it again before i see it!! Oh poo!!!!! Im really not organised this yr!!!

Was just about to put the laptop down n pick up a book but which one?? mmmmmm i think Angel now and then maybe HP next week :) no more ebay for me tonight lol

Just re-read Hush Hush and now onto Crescendo again. I'm becoming far too attached to Patch!

I'm getting into the True Blood books too now, I wasn't a fan because I watched the show first but I'm finding it really entertaining now!

Next I will start City Of Bones because I have been meaning to start the series for so long.

Ah ha ha I've become quite attached to Patch too!

So far I've read 4 of the TB books. I keep getting distracted by other books lol.

I can't wait for you and Renee to finally read City of Bones lol!

Oh just randomly, I was in the papershop near work this morn and noticed they had Eclipse Gum Roll lol!

Completely off topic have the gum roll. Problem is to get into it you have to take the plastic off then its jut a red tub so kinda sucks in that sense. Tastes amazing though.

I started Dark Peril last night. At some point I neeed to re read Hush Hush, Crescendo, Fallen and Torment so I can figure out more stuff for my cosplays.

I'm about half way through Succubus Blues and loving it so far. Just ordered the rest of the series from the library. Hope I can fit them in with everything else I need to watch and read.

I'm trying to be good and not look at any spoilers for this series, like I did with the VA. I guess we'll see who this one ends, to see whether I can do it or not.

I'm in love with the Black Dagger Brotherhood series at the moment. I can't put it down, don't want to sleep or eat just read, read and read!

Thanks for the hole list, I will take my advantage of it when I'm in need of more reading materials!

x

I'm in love with the Black Dagger Brotherhood series at the moment. I can't put it down, don't want to sleep or eat just read, read and read!

Thanks for the hole list, I will take my advantage of it when I'm in need of more reading materials!

x

They are next on my list to read after I've read the VA series again. I've got all of them but the last one I think.

A friend said they were hard to get into, but once she did, she loved them. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

Ahh Sam let me know how it goes with the fledgling hand book. As much as I love the HoN series, I'm in 2 minds whether to buy it.

Another book arrived today called "Glimmerglass" by Jenna Black. I REALLY need to stop buying books now.....til next month atleast lol!

just finished reading 'Linger' - it was a bit of a let down to be honest :/

Can't really say how/why without including spoilers but I just felt a couple of moments should have been made more of - and I certainly didn't appreciate the name that Sam was called towards te end of the book - and by appreciate I mean I don't think it was suitable to use in a childrens book!!

However. That said, I'll no doubt refresh my mind of the Grace/Sam story next summer, and buy the last in the trilogy.

Oooh great work guys!

Thanks for doing this guys! This is great to find out what to read next hehe.

Quick question, Which would I read first by Cassandra Clare: The Mortal Instuments or The Infernal Devices? I've read it doesn't matter but does anyone have an opinion?

Becky Mortal Instruments came out first buuuuut Infernal Devices is the prequel to it so I guess it's up to you lol. I've started reading Mortal Instruments again and then I'll read Clockwork Angel lol. Still got Torment and Angel to read. And I wish Amazon would hurry up and gimme my Ghost Town!!

Dayna you must read TORMENT!! and Angel too, both good but Torment is amazing though! :)

Ha ha ha well I couldn't wait any longer, i gave up on City of Bones and got stuck into Clockwork Angel! It was awesome!

Just started reading a book called "Need" by Carrie Jones. Already half way through! Then yep Jen I must read Torment and Angel. Ohhh and Ghost Town. Goddd I've got so many books to catch up on lol!

I have to say I have started reading city of bones 3 times now and just can't get into it an end up putting it down. Am reading a book called mercy at the moment, seems to fall along the lines of a fallen angel type book, not sure if that's the case yet tho nearing the end so sure I will find out... Has aspects like the host too

my mom bought be 6 of the morganville series today [well...for christmas], because they were 3 for £5 in the works.

are they any good? :')

i've never even heard about them, so i don't know why i was drawn to them, but i was.

Morganville is fantastic! I love that series!

I have to say I have started reading city of bones 3 times now and just can't get into it an end up putting it down. Am reading a book called mercy at the moment, seems to fall along the lines of a fallen angel type book, not sure if that's the case yet tho nearing the end so sure I will find out... Has aspects like the host too

There's quite a lot going on in CoB (and the rest of the series) so I can understand if someone finds it hard to get into but for me it sucked me in right from the beginning! :thumbup:

woo hoo!!!! two books that ive read that you havent!!! that will never happen again hahaha

I really like Torment and am towards the end of Angel (which i think is along the lines of The Host lol). Im actually due to go to pizza express in 25mins but just wanna finish Angel lol

Lol Renée! I'm sure it will!

Oooh enjoy ya pizza!