Book Discussion Thread

~Jenny~

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a teenager any more either but yeah I seem to be drawn to those sorta books too.

Gotta say I'm actually tempted to walk into a bookstore and just buy a random book and see what it's like. Hopefully it'll be really enjoyable!

Just starting a book called "finding sky" by Joss Sterling.

It was an impulse buy while I was in waterstones lol.

I'm a sucker for these teenage books! And I'm not a teenager no more neither hehe B)

we got that into the shop where i work the other day. i was gonna take it but then got hooked on Maggie's.

Let me know what you think of it though! :)

Just went to The Works and got 3 more of the Morganville Vampire series and the Twi illustrated novel :D who's read the Morganville books here? Any good? I have them and the black dagger brotherhood series (opinions please?) not sure which to start first!

Just starting a book called "finding sky" by Joss Sterling.

It was an impulse buy while I was in waterstones lol.

I'm a sucker for these teenage books! And I'm not a teenager no more neither hehe :gorgeous:

we got that into the shop where i work the other day. i was gonna take it but then got hooked on Maggie's.

Let me know what you think of it though! :)

I'm 3/4 of the way through now and I'm really really enjoying it! Still part of the teen sector but i still love it. Ive giggled to myself a few times :)

@TheVampireGirl I've read the morganville series and I love it too. Can't find book 9 anywhere tho.

Just for the Twilight illustrated novel. Can't wait to have a flick through later.

About to start reading Succubus Blue (I think) It's the first one anyway when I finished the short story I started last night.

went to my works earlier but they didnt have the illustrated novel :chair: how much was it Jenny?

Has anyone pre-ordered vampire academy last sacrifice?? The one on amazon has a completely different cover than the last lot of books and i like my series to match each other :chair: not sure what to do xx

Yeah i saw that, it's red isn't it?

Bit strange really when all of the other books have completly different covers! :chair:

Not sure what you can do but i 'll just wait until it's out in the shops, they might bring it out with a different cover or something! :chair:

i know that the hardback has a cover more like the others, but it matches the american covers, not ours, and also its hardback!!

So, what books shall i be looking for in the works?? i was in there earlier and they didnt have any books i recognised...... but then i am very rubbish at remembering names of any sort lol

Im just going to buy the Last sacrifice in the shop rather than order it. Looking forward to it too!

Finished 'Finding Sky' b Joss Stirling and I Loved it! That Main character is English and moves to usa and starts a high school so you get english references aswell as american.

There has to be a sequel.... theyve left it wide open. So fingers crossed theres one coming out :)!

Running out of books big time lol!

I'm still reading City of Bones. It always takes me longer to read a book when I've already read it. Probably coz I know what happens lol. Tempted to just move onto Clockwork Angel as I'm getting impatient.

Oh if anyone likes Claudia Gray then you may be interested in this comp:

http://alifeboundbybooks.blogspot.com/2010...y.html?spref=tw

Saves me answering the question Cheers :thumbup:

I've ordered Last sacrifice from Amazon still waiting for it to be on Kindle, but If I find it's in the shops, slightly earlier like Ghost Town I'll get it from Waterstones. I'm gutted as well about different cover, it's going to look very odd on my bookselves.

In thw Works there's the Morgonville (Rachel Caine) series and the Shifter (Rachel Vincent) series which are both amazing.

I managed to read all of Succubus Shadows last night and I really liked it, definitely gonna be another one in the series as there's no way she could leave it open like she did. Also finished my 2nd Black Magician's Guild book. Got the Fledgling Handbook and BMG book 3 on order from Amazon and a few others to still read but I'll get through them all eventually.