North West Fans

Jenjen23

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must count as being from the north-west...what with me being in the west of Scotland and all :smile: Not sure how many other Scots are coming so I thought I'd just post in here :WINCE:

Tomorrow, I'm going to the bank to take out some money to have on me for things like merchandise, guest encounters etc. I'll need to get it in Bank Of England notes, seeing as how some English businesses don't recognise Scottish bank notes as legal tender! :chair: Just to be on the safe side :poki:

I'll be coming down from Glasgow in the Virgin train to Birmingham New St - even the journey'll be exciting, especially when I've never been on my own down to England before! (Yep, I'm 30 and haven't been to England myself until next month :unsure: )

I must count as being from the north-west...what with me being in the west of Scotland and all ;) Not sure how many other Scots are coming so I thought I'd just post in here :P

Tomorrow, I'm going to the bank to take out some money to have on me for things like merchandise, guest encounters etc. I'll need to get it in Bank Of England notes, seeing as how some English businesses don't recognise Scottish bank notes as legal tender! ;) Just to be on the safe side ;)

I'll be coming down from Glasgow in the Virgin train to Birmingham New St - even the journey'll be exciting, especially when I've never been on my own down to England before! (Yep, I'm 30 and haven't been to England myself until next month ;) )

you may be coming alone, but you'll definitely make friends at the con. :D

that would be my normal train to brum but i'm getting a lift with my friend this time. when you swap from your train at new st to the one for birmingham international, go to the taxi bit down the escalators- station staff will be able to direct you, there's a free shuttle bus to the hilton (that's assuming you're staying there).

I must count as being from the north-west...what with me being in the west of Scotland and all :( Not sure how many other Scots are coming so I thought I'd just post in here :D

Tomorrow, I'm going to the bank to take out some money to have on me for things like merchandise, guest encounters etc. I'll need to get it in Bank Of England notes, seeing as how some English businesses don't recognise Scottish bank notes as legal tender! :chair: Just to be on the safe side ;)

I'll be coming down from Glasgow in the Virgin train to Birmingham New St - even the journey'll be exciting, especially when I've never been on my own down to England before! (Yep, I'm 30 and haven't been to England myself until next month :chair: )

you may be coming alone, but you'll definitely make friends at the con. :blush:

that would be my normal train to brum but i'm getting a lift with my friend this time. when you swap from your train at new st to the one for birmingham international, go to the taxi bit down the escalators- station staff will be able to direct you, there's a free shuttle bus to the hilton (that's assuming you're staying there).

Sadly I couldn't get a room at the Hilton when I bought my ticket so had to book at a city centre hotel (near New St.), it's good that the trains out to the NEC are every 10 minutes or so :) Can I go on the shuttle bus even if I'm not staying at the Hilton? It'd be handy for me, save me having to walk to the Hilton...not that that takes long from the NEC but still :chair:

(Oh and I'd better say that even though I know some people are cancelling their rooms at the Hilton, it's too late for me to cancel my room at the other hotel...so thank you for offering but I can't take your room instead, lol)

ah right, which hotel?

you should still be able to use it, me and my friend went into brum on the friday afternoon and got the shuttle bus back, takes about as long as walking does tbh.

The nitenite Hotel, near New St. station...so I'll be taking the train out to the NEC and then the shuttle bus stop will be just nearby...if I can't find the blue arrows that point the way to the Hilton I might have to use the Hopper, so it's good that it's not exclusive for Hilton guests :(

ah right, which hotel?

you should still be able to use it, me and my friend went into brum on the friday afternoon and got the shuttle bus back, takes about as long as walking does tbh.

The nitenite Hotel, near New St. station...so I'll be taking the train out to the NEC and then the shuttle bus stop will be just nearby...if I can't find the blue arrows that point the way to the Hilton I might have to use the Hopper, so it's good that it's not exclusive for Hilton guests :blink:

I think it can be used by anyone, but i'm not 100% sure. we were staying at the hilton.

the hilton is really easy to find from the NEC anyway, so i'm sure you'll be fine whatever happens!

Hope all you North Westerners are packed and ready to go with plenty of supplies ready!

It's gonna be a messy weekend! :D