Alan Tudyk - £15

Jewel Staite - £15

Anthony Head - £15

Stephanie Romanov - £10

Robin Sachs - £10

See you there,

Mark :YAHOO:

Edited by Too Tall

But come on, we've had more faith to go to this con on the strength of 4 (I don't include Robin because he's been added after most have bought tickets) and those others have had more. Look at the amount of pessimism was generated without a new guest announcement with lots of people saying they would be waiting longer before booking the next one, why not say 'thank you' or 'we do value you' with a nice little gift of a group photo.

• Moderators

I thought Roadhouse sold really well.

There were about 200 attendees maybe, total. Plenty of time to get everyone through everything on Saturday alone, so Sunday was filled up with a group photo, a quiz etc.

• Moderators

Oh so you get extra for a badly sold con, thinking its not fair.

At Roadhouse we did have to pay extra for the group shot... So in a way you could think of it as recouping some costs by selling extra things when there's few enough attendees to make it feasible...

We know that most of gold has sold, aswell as alot of silver. As for how many standards have sold, only certain people will know. So depending on the final count of attendees, it would be nice to have the option of at least a group photo. Or simply given the fact that us Whedon fans have had to wait an entire year for this event, it would be a nice little treat....it is halloween after all!!! :D

no time? close an hour later then, there sorted!!

im still foolishly (cos im skint) considering coming one day to this to get the photos. but a lack of a schedule isnt helping lol. still not as bad as the other thing.

the amount of guests I dont see why a firefly group pic for example couldnt be arranged,

will this be done in groups does anyone think?

• Moderators

With something on the order of 450 attendees (estimated from known ticket numbers), I rather think that this one will be done in groups, yes. I've only seen the groups be dispensed with when the attendee numbers were ~200 or less.

• Moderators

That's so not fair as Hub had one, free to those staying at Park Inn, and we barely get anything, 5 guests compared to there 9/10.

Firstly, you're comparing two completely different cons. I'm pretty sure you realise how it's different to have 9/10 UK based guests to 5-6 fly-in international guests.

Secondly, the group shot has been introduced recently under certain circumstances i.e. to try and shift the remaining rooms sometimes, and recoup costs etc.

It's not going to happen at every event, and I knew from the moment it was initially brought in as an option there'd be people who would fight to have it at every event after that. Unfortunately, it's just not going to happen.

The logistical reasons for removing it in the first place from packages still remain. ME have tried to be flexible where possible but it's never going to be across the board. They're not trying to treat different sets of attendees differently, it's just what's possible where. No one is being punished.

woah i seriously apologize, i never start this kind of negativity with my question. I was just a con recently where like a pair of actors took photos if people wanted not a whole group so i thought i would ask if it was feasible. if it's not it's totally cool. i'm really sorry. didn't mean to upset people

be excited. see you tomorrow!!!

• Showmasters Admin

That's so not fair as Hub had one, free to those staying at Park Inn, and we barely get anything, 5 guests compared to there 9/10.

As David has already pointed out, at the Hub they are UK guests and therefore don't have international flight costs to consider. Also US guests fees are usually higher. I don't know for sure but I'm quite sure that this line up has cost ME more than the 9/10 guests at the Hub.

So what you saying is that because ME did something nice at one con that should now be thrown in their faces everytime they don't do it?

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

Eveyrone had free guest encounters at Chevron 7.3 due to low attendances which was a really nice gesture/surprise. I didn't expect that to be extended to all future events, and quite rightly it wasn't.

That's nice to hear, it's just a shame not everyone thinks that way. If you check the forum people did complain at the next one why they now had to pay.

It happens almost everytime ME does something extra or gives something free. For some people it then becomes an expectation that it should always be that way. They don't see it as a one off bonus, they see it as now included and so next time when they don't get it, we get it in the neck.

Some of these things like the free GEs at Chevron 7.3 I had a hand in that happening. When at another event that gets thrown in our faces, it really does make you wonder why you bother.

EDIT - Sorry if that comes over really heavy, I don't mean to, it'll be a wonderful weekend. It's just one of my pet hates when anyones generosity is later used against them.

Edited by Too Tall