NCIS season 8

surfy_sah

for anyone else out there who is watching NCIS ;) season 8, which started on Friday, this topic is to discuss the UK pace :(

for anyone who needs reminding how season 7 ended from episode 22 "Boreland", in a nutshell; Abby visited Mexico and started working on the cold case of a dead Mexican drug lord, Pedro Hernandes, the very same man who Gibbs' had snipered years earlier for killing Kelly and Shannon Gibbs. Abby forensically discovered and proved that Gibbs had killed the man, thanks to the dead man's son, Alejandro Reynosa, a high ranking Mexican police type, who had invited Abby in the first place and set her the case to teach a class, and his sister, Paloma Reynosa, who was running the drug cartel. In episode 24 "Rule 51", Gibbs goes to Mexico to face it all. Gibbs pi$$es off Paloma and she goes to U.S. to track down Gibbs' friends and relatives, threatening to personally kill Gibbs' father, Jackson Gibbs! Mike Franks turns up and then disappears after a shoot-out in the street involving Alejandro Reynosa and the season ended with Paloma Reynosa turning up in Jackson Gibbs' shop... :D

Epiosde 1 - "Spider and the Fly"

thought the opening episode was awesome :P cannae wait for next Friday lol! great to see Mike Franks and Jackson Gibbs!

surfy sah xx

was a good first ep, but really wanted gibbs to taunt her or step on her wound or something lol at the end.

I wonder what vance is upto (with that text) and why he stored that report instead of burning it

mcgee has lost loads of weight, actually looked ill i thought.

was a good first ep, but really wanted gibbs to taunt her or step on her wound or something lol at the end.

I wonder what vance is upto (with that text) and why he stored that report instead of burning it

mcgee has lost loads of weight, actually looked ill i thought.

Agree with you on the Elf Lord looking really thin, not sure I like him looking that skinny it's just not McGee. But so far season 8 ROCKS!

Never going to happen. If you have watched NCIS you would know that this would never sit right in the structure of the programme.

This is obviously going to be the ongoing story!!!

• 3 weeks later...

How do you think this series is progressing? I'm finding Tony to be a bit of an idiot again! The sript writer seems to go between making him funny and likable to complete moron!

I think this is a case of frustration more than anything for the character. At tiems he is in charge, and others he is a team member.

Never going to happen. If you have watched NCIS you would know that this would never sit right in the structure of the programme.

but shooting a main character in the head? locking women up in underground bunkers as sex slaves? and im sure there are more is ok for the show but that wouldnt be? of course it would of fitted ok within the show, she had killed or tried to kill everyone he knew and loved and try to set him up, this is a guy who upon the death of his family went to mexico and murdered the killer and left his bullet deliberately as a signature, as revenge, totally understandable as would him at least saying something to her as she died. im not saying spitting in her face lol but something like i told you not to mess with me or burn in hell, i dont know but regardless it would of sat right within the show, theres plenty of similar stuff in it.

anyway its what I wanted to see from gibbs, personal want.

does anyone feel abby seems a bit off this series, less chirpy or crazy, cant put my finger on it.

How do you think this series is progressing? I'm finding Tony to be a bit of an idiot again! The sript writer seems to go between making him funny and likable to complete moron!

they always seem to balance this with his heroics or leadership so perhaps we will see more of those as the season progresses, I love tony. especially when he has heroic stuff to do right after being a goofball. lol, one of the strongest things about ncis is its likability of its characters and there diversity between each other.

but yer so far hes not had to much to do, it seems. hope he does going forward

Gibbs is calculated. He wouldn't do what you deemed a "personal want". That is how it wouldn't fit within in his character and the structure of the show. He is the hero. I am seeing where you are coming from, but if you have watched the series from the 1st ever episode some 7 years ago you would know that Gibbs is the protector with nightmares in his closet. He is the protector. Saying something to her would not have been his style. Going to Mexico and killing the murdered with his signature kill as a sniper is his style. That is his way of saying "don't cross me".

Abby is still dealing with the fact that Gibbs hid the truth from her, and thus put her in a position to put her mentor, her idol, her hero in the proverbial firing line for the assassination. She has guilt for doing what Gibbs would have wanted her to do as she loves him like a Father. She is feeling guilt and a sense of betraying her surrogate Father.

• 3 weeks later...