Question!

hacchylove

@Hacchy

If you do decide to come over for the Torchwood con, which I do recommend, there's always plenty of people who go alone. I've been to the last two Hubs on my own, and both times met some amazing people, despite being rather shy myself.

I wouldn't be able to probably :YAHOO: I know it'd be very unlikely but if John Barrowman was there I would leave with about a thousand injunctions... :lol: that man does naughty things to my brain and makes me lose all sort of self control and composure. I don't know how he does it! He has... powers.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be able to probably :YAHOO: I know it'd be very unlikely but if John Barrowman was there I would leave with about a thousand injunctions... :lol: that man does naughty things to my brain and makes me lose all sort of self control and composure. I don't know how he does it! He has... powers.

Haha i met John at LFCC or CM (cant remember) held by Sm/Me and he was loooovely ^-^

Haha i met John at LFCC or CM (cant remember) held by Sm/Me and he was loooovely ^-^

I was down in London for a My chemical romance concert and I was in starbucks alone, and he walked in. I was going to go and say hi to him, but I tripped over a chair, spilt my milkshake all over me and he laughed at me, he went to help me up but I ran out before I could die of embarassment.

I met the actress who played Toshiko once and gushed about how upset I was that she was killed off Q_Q

@Hacchy

If you do decide to come over for the Torchwood con, which I do recommend, there's always plenty of people who go alone. I've been to the last two Hubs on my own, and both times met some amazing people, despite being rather shy myself.

John does naughty things to everyone's brains, but then again, almost all of the Torchwood cast do that to the attendees. =D We're all a twisted bunch.

I do believe ME said that they were talking to him about the Hub for next November? If anyone else happened to be listening at the last Hub? I was a little distracted when announcements were being made. =D

John does naughty things to everyone's brains, but then again, almost all of the Torchwood cast do that to the attendees. =D We're all a twisted bunch.

I do believe ME said that they were talking to him about the Hub for next November? If anyone else happened to be listening at the last Hub? I was a little distracted when announcements were being made. =D

They did indeed say that! lol

@Hacchy

I think my brain turned to moosh when I read that xD

I'll have to see who the guests are for et6 or when it is, since I made a deal with my mom to let me perhaps go gold for my 21st if I pay half.

Hahaha, I just told my friend about John Barrowman and her question was 'Is there any rules against stuffing him in a bag and making off suspiciously with it?'

Hahaha, I just told my friend about John Barrowman and her question was 'Is there any rules against stuffing him in a bag and making off suspiciously with it?'

Oh no, there are no rules against it. At least five attendees try it with each guest at every Hub con :YAHOO: lol.

erm, i cosplayed jane ^-^ but i dont know if it was me cause there was loads of others there too. I hang out with others who cosplayed volturi members and cullen members etc :YAHOO:

Oh I saw you! :lol: I was taking photos for Hattie who was Aro... Got a rather neat photo of us doing our Volturi glares xD. I would have loved to Cosplay (was going to go as Bella and have my baby be Renesme xD)

erm, i cosplayed jane ^-^ but i dont know if it was me cause there was loads of others there too. I hang out with others who cosplayed volturi members and cullen members etc :YAHOO:

Oh I saw you! :lol: I was taking photos for Hattie who was Aro... Got a rather neat photo of us doing our Volturi glares xD. I would have loved to Cosplay (was going to go as Bella and have my baby be Renesme xD)

ooohh! :wub: that would of been awesome! You going et5? You could do it then ^-^

@ Hacchy

I'm sure if you run fast you could get away with him. =D He probably wouldn't mind being grabbed anyway. :lol:

:YAHOO: brb buying some sort of human sized bags, some roller skates and some weights so I can actually carry him and run/skate off.

I do actually get the feeling, he would probably get in the bag if you asked him... he comes across like that xD

ooohh! :wub: that would of been awesome! You going et5? You could do it then ^-^

I may be going to ET5 but I wont be taking Kiara again. As wonderful the experience was it was VERY stressful. Although there were some amazing people out there who helped me when I was struggling there was one queue in particular where I was carrying Kiara in one arm, holding bags and things to get signed in the other and kicking the push chair down the line with no help... Not something I want to repeat again! lol

@ Hacchy

I'm sure if you run fast you could get away with him. =D He probably wouldn't mind being grabbed anyway. :wub:

:YAHOO: brb buying some sort of human sized bags, some roller skates and some weights so I can actually carry him and run/skate off.

I do actually get the feeling, he would probably get in the bag if you asked him... he comes across like that xD

he also likes twilight.. so theres a topic to attract him with ^-^

I may be going to ET5 but I wont be taking Kiara again. As wonderful the experience was it was VERY stressful. Although there were some amazing people out there who helped me when I was struggling there was one queue in particular where I was carrying Kiara in one arm, holding bags and things to get signed in the other and kicking the push chair down the line with no help... Not something I want to repeat again! lol

aww thats a shame, well you could still cosplay Bella! :lol:

I wanted to cosplay as Alice :P mostly because her fashion style is similar to mine and I have the same haircut as her in eclipse XD. Would adore to do Rosalie though, she's ... hmmm... fourth favourite character?

Since the weekend Demetri has moved to second spot, ahem.

This is really sad that your first Con experience was a bad one.

I remember at ET1 (seems a lifetime ago now) they had a meadow room where people could go and read/chill out etc. Maybe SM could look at doing the meadow room again for maybe meeting up with people if you are alone or for people who want to make new friend's even if they are in a group.

As David said chatting on here and twitter is a good place to start. I am O_Loves on twitter - if you would like to follow :) I think there is a twitter thread on the forum somewhere, so you could pick up some people from there too.

Good luck for next time xoxo

This is really sad that your first Con experience was a bad one.

I remember at ET1 (seems a lifetime ago now) they had a meadow room where people could go and read/chill out etc. Maybe SM could look at doing the meadow room again for maybe meeting up with people if you are alone or for people who want to make new friend's even if they are in a group.

As David said chatting on here and twitter is a good place to start. I am O_Loves on twitter - if you would like to follow :) I think there is a twitter thread on the forum somewhere, so you could pick up some people from there too.

Good luck for next time xoxo

That sounds like a really good idea really. I noticed a lot of people sat on the floor in awkward places and on stairs too so maybe it would aid with issues like that too, when people have like 10 minutes to kill and don't wanna go to their room or are in another hotel.

I am err, hacchylove on twitter :P I should come up with better usernames. I did want irritiblegrizzly but it was taken :wub:

Edit:

My twitter is broken! OMG :wub: i can't follow anyone lmao, won't display any pages. This is no gooooood.

Edited by Hacchy

Oh noes... I have followed you without a problem. Maybe it is having an episode x

:P silly new twitter! i can see my 'home' feed but I can't load anyones pages directly >_< FML

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001208361541 is my FB : | currently winding everyone up with quotes from the con.

Was it hard candy <3

Edited by Hacchy

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good time. :D

It can be very intimidating with there being so many people and it being you're first con as well. Maybe you'll have a better time at your next con because you'll know how things work and what to expect and you've already started chatting with people on here which is a great way to make friends so you can even meet up and hang with those people at the events!! :wub:

I personally didn't really meet or see any not very nice people, everyone that i spoke to or had a quick chat to were nice and friendly. :wub:

Hope you feel better! :P

'Is there any rules against stuffing him in a bag and making off suspiciously with it?'

i would love to make off suspiciously with Charlie in a duffel bag!!

I am love_tay on twitter and i'm glad i made u feel a bit better, if i did, and i wish i could have found you on Sunday to help you out some more.

Carrie, i saw you on the night you wore the Wolf Bride and you looked great. my friend thought your wolf pack tattoo was real! i loved your outfit.

This was my first con and i met 2 people in person who i have stayed in contact with, and then a few people on twitter, but i have to agree, the parties felt like very lonely places. i almost had to come alone, because my friend is 5 months pregnant and almost didn't make it, and i don't think i would have lasted the weekend on my own there.

I hope you do go to another con, et5 or et6 and i'll definitely make sure to meet up with you so you're not alone. x

'Is there any rules against stuffing him in a bag and making off suspiciously with it?'

i would love to make off suspiciously with Charlie in a duffel bag!!

I am love_tay on twitter and i'm glad i made u feel a bit better, if i did, and i wish i could have found you on Sunday to help you out some more.

Carrie, i saw you on the night you wore the Wolf Bride and you looked great. my friend thought your wolf pack tattoo was real! i loved your outfit.

This was my first con and i met 2 people in person who i have stayed in contact with, and then a few people on twitter, but i have to agree, the parties felt like very lonely places. i almost had to come alone, because my friend is 5 months pregnant and almost didn't make it, and i don't think i would have lasted the weekend on my own there.

I hope you do go to another con, et5 or et6 and i'll definitely make sure to meet up with you so you're not alone. x

hehe I was terrified to meet Charlie, I heard some people saying some 'mean' things about him, about how he was kind of arrogant... that he was very aware of how good looking he was and stuff but I thought he was very sweet and i enjoyed meeting him quite a bit! Demetri is now my second fave cghara :(

hehe I was terrified to meet Charlie, I heard some people saying some 'mean' things about him, about how he was kind of arrogant... that he was very aware of how good looking he was and stuff but I thought he was very sweet and i enjoyed meeting him quite a bit! Demetri is now my second fave cghara :(

i only heard good things about Charlie this weekend. I was in his guest encounter and i think that people were mistaking his passion and cheekiness for arrogance. i have a LOT of time for Charlie Bewley and he made my weekend complete! Demetri has been one of my favourite characters for a long time, and i was really excited to meet Charlie because i'd heard a lot of good things about him from people who've met him at other events in other countries. x

hehe I was terrified to meet Charlie, I heard some people saying some 'mean' things about him, about how he was kind of arrogant... that he was very aware of how good looking he was and stuff but I thought he was very sweet and i enjoyed meeting him quite a bit! Demetri is now my second fave cghara :D

i only heard good things about Charlie this weekend. I was in his guest encounter and i think that people were mistaking his passion and cheekiness for arrogance. i have a LOT of time for Charlie Bewley and he made my weekend complete! Demetri has been one of my favourite characters for a long time, and i was really excited to meet Charlie because i'd heard a lot of good things about him from people who've met him at other events in other countries. x

He was just so nice! I loved his cheekiness and his somewhat... naive innocence that wasn't quite innocent. xD He was fun and made me laugh quite a bit.

I think Leah was probably my favourite guest though. She was SO nice and kind, you could tell she loved being there.