Question!

hacchylove

Okay so this is random but I'm not sure where to ask, but is there someone I can talk to in PM about some of the issues I had over the weekend that just made me leave upset and regretting coming? :P :P

I would post on the forums but I feel pretty intimidated by a lot of people, plus I'm annoyed and don't wish to take it out on 'innocent people', and just want to make sure my issues are heard by someone who can do something.

I just want the issues to get heard so they don't affect someone else in the future. I did have a pretty bad weekend. I know we were told to speak to them at the weekend about issues so it could be sorted out then, but the crew I did manage to talk to did actually ignore me so I gave up trying. I was ready to leave Saturday afternoon, only thing that stopped me was that I couldn't afford the extra charges for checking out early from the hotel >_<

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Best to email info@showmastersonline.com which will go straight to the event organisers.

You could also give the office a call if you wanted to talk to anyone directly - 01908 671138 9am - 5:30 pm.

Edited by DavidB

Unfortunately, the PM option doesnt work.

You are welcome to talk to me on facebook if that helps?

www.facebook.com/rhianyddeaston

If you want to contact the office directly, the Email is in my signature.

I am sorry that the weekend for you didnt go as you had hoped :P

*Edit* I am so slow replying lol a few options there for you, hope that helps

Edited by Rhianydd

Hopefully the crew weren't trying to ignore you and just happened to be very busy with all the attendees! Even we got upset and had a few misunderstandings amongst ourselves at times!

There isn't a PM feature on here that I can see, but you can always email the organisers, I'm sure Jason, Mark and the rest will want to know what's going on. The last thing they want is for you to leave the show upset!

Unfortunately, the PM option doesnt work.

You are welcome to talk to me on facebook if that helps?

www.facebook.com/rhianyddeaston

If you want to contact the office directly, the Email is in my signature.

I am sorry that the weekend for you didnt go as you had hoped :P

You beat me to it Rhi... but I suppose that's your "job", right? :)

Aw, what happened :P?

Err, put it this way... I felt completely unwelcomed by almost everyone. I know I wasn't the only one, and I wanted to suggest a few things that could maybe help. I know showmasters can't stop people from being complete jerks (thanks to the group who pushed me over getting photos! I have a lovely swollen ankle now :P), but it ruined my entire weekend, and i just thought a few suggestions to help 'newbies' or people alone not feel so... alienated might help at future conventions.

I had a wall of text to say something but I saw some jerks in another thread and well... my post turned angry so I decided I wouldn't post it openly lol.

• Moderators

It's unfortunate that you felt badly treated by some people.

I assume you don't know many people on here or involved with the events etc?

I know it can be difficult to feel a part of something if you feel you're on the outside etc, and I don't want to comment without knowing the whole situation, but I can certainly recommend talking more on here and other places etc before any other event you hopefully choose to attend in future.

It really has helped a lot of people :P

Aw, what happened :P?

Err, put it this way... I felt completely unwelcomed by almost everyone. I know I wasn't the only one, and I wanted to suggest a few things that could maybe help. I know showmasters can't stop people from being complete jerks (thanks to the group who pushed me over getting photos! I have a lovely swollen ankle now :smile:), but it ruined my entire weekend, and i just thought a few suggestions to help 'newbies' or people alone not feel so... alienated might help at future conventions.

I had a wall of text to say something but I saw some jerks in another thread and well... my post turned angry so I decided I wouldn't post it openly lol.

Awww :D I hope your knee is okay, and i hope whoever pushed you over didnt mean it. Most people on here are actually really nice.. hope you didnt feel too alienated :YAHOO: These cons are for everyone, and everyone should feel welcome.. <3

Its sad to hear you had such a bad time. Its true that people can be so rude sometimes, but most people are really nice. My friends and I had someone barge into us on purpose and push us away from Chaske when he was dancing with us :smile:.

I hope it hasnt scared you from doing a con again because not everyone out there is self centered only caring about themselves x

I know it can be difficult to feel a part of something if you feel you're on the outside etc, and I don't want to comment without knowing the whole situation, but I can certainly recommend talking more on here and other places etc before any other event you hopefully choose to attend in future.

It really has helped a lot of people :smile:

It was my first con or anything like it, and I came alone because no one I know likes twilight. My best friend tollerates it and my squeeing because she's amazing, but I can't fly her from america, pay for a ticket for her.. I couldnt' expect her to go cause she'd hate it too. I know she woudl come if I paid for it for her but.. that's not the point... she doesn't expect me to sit through something I hate for her-- even though I would, so I don't expect her to do it for me. She's amazing for being so tollerant with my whole day of going on about the good things from the convention, but i swear she's at breaking point :P

ut I have some pretty awful social problems, a stutter, social anxiety and bipolar (at the weekend I was trucking on through a low when I wanted to stay in bed so that didn't help), and things were very busy so my claustrophobia did play up quite a bit.

I managed to speak to a LOAD of people without my stutter, and I felt very very very happy and proud of myself for doing it. I stutter when I talk to my doctor and I've known her for five years, lol. But, even after I spoke to them-- and all I really did was say hi and introduce myself-- they pretty much ignored me. I went to an hour at each of the parties, attempted to speak to people but was also ignored there. I don't have much confidence anyway but I came away with even less. I know I didn't speak to everyone since there was just too many people there, but I gave up after the.. 7th or so group I spoke to after getting the same reaction.

A lot of the gold members were kind of rude to me too? I asked one for directions for the autograph place since I h ad NO CLUE where anything was, and she pretty much sneered at me 'over there, standard.' I actually laughed at that one tbh.

Honestly, like two people spoke to me the entire weekend, one of them was over twitter, and the other was a 'b' so I really didn't get to spend much time with her. I felt like I was intruding on everyone else, and the people I managed to speak to made me feel pretty unwelcome :YAHOO: I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, and I'm in no way going to be the first, or the last but maybe if I say something, something could perhaps be done to... aid others.

Like I said, I know SM can't do anything about peoples personalities/attitudes, but there has to be something that can be done for people who perhaps are alone, or going to their first one, or are just maybe shy or unconfident... maybe just to meet others in their groups so they DO have someone to be with.

Also I got knocked down about... 4 times by a group of french girls pushing to get their photos >.<, I have a blimp for a foot haha, not th e worst thing I've done to it but that was pretty rude >_<

I'm awful at making friends, I have like... three, two of which are boys who... wel... no offence guys but sometimes you're not the most... emotionally in-tune of humans :D. In fact before I came to this forum, I didn't even know men liked twilight lol, I'm so used to them going "LOL SPARKLE" and then followed by an hour of jokes : |

annnnd I wallotext'd again, sigh.

awww i feel really bad, even though i don't think (hope not!) it was me..

it shouldnt of been that bad for you :smile: I'm sure if you had introduced yourself to plenty of us on here we would of been very nice and kind, a lot of us cosplay?

I hope this hasnt put you off coming again :P cause that would really suck.

I hope you're okay <3

awww i feel really bad, even though i don't think (hope not!) it was me..

it shouldnt of been that bad for you :D I'm sure if you had introduced yourself to plenty of us on here we would of been very nice and kind, a lot of us cosplay?

I hope this hasnt put you off coming again :YAHOO: cause that would really suck.

I hope you're okay <3

I want to come back for another, maybe go silver this time (being a z at the back sucks.. you can't see or hear anything lmao), but I obviously need to save up-- I'm in overdraft from this con D:, so it probably wouldn't be until ET6 but I probably would hold off until Peter Facinelli got announced for one :smile: (if he goes et5 I will saw my limbs off and sell my body and soul if need be to get there.... /not obsessive... not at all >.<). I just... adore twilight, it means a lot to me since it introduced me to my lives purpose and stephanie Meyer got me out of a five year writing block. Plus it's comforted me on many a cold, lonely night, snuggled in bed with hot choc and ice cream.

I wouldn't not go because some people are... a*holes but, I feel like I missed A LOT of it because I was alone a lot. Especially the parties, I came down to the first one to see Bronson on a surf machine or something : | I mean, how could I miss that!

Like I said, there's no way I spoke to everyone there :P and a lot of the people on the forum do seem nice and have said they'd speak to others if they were alone and such.

I would also l have to add how signs on the wall (ie, autographs this way, photoshoot a/b this way) would have been nice since the hilton is rather.... large and it was a little overwhelming and the maps confused me lmao.

• Moderators

Hey, you can write whatever you want on here, and honestly you'll get far more support than criticism.

I've always been shy myself, yet by posting on here and talking on MSN/Facebook etc, I've made so many friends over the years. It's so much easier turning up to the events and knowing people from talking on various places.

I'm not saying it's completely easy - it's always going to be difficult if your personality is like that, and I still get nervous and shy with some people no matter how much I talk on here - but I do genuinely think it helps a LOT of people.

We try to help as much as we can on here, by sharing contact details and doing threads for individual groups, and friendship groups etc. Just generating discussion and helping people get to know each other before the events, so obviously I know that's not AT the event itself but we really do try on here and there are a lot of attendees.

Not sure if you will choose to come again to an event, and I genuinely hope that you will, but you've got a good few months before the next one to give it a go on here and see what happens. I can honestly say there's a fantastic group of people on here, some of the nicest and friendliest I've ever known, and I'm sure you can find some to be friends with and spend time with at an event in the future.

I do get that not everyone will be on here though, and so something at the event itself may well be a great idea :smile:

It really has helped a lot of people :smile:

It was my first con or anything like it, and I came alone because no one I know likes twilight. My best friend tollerates it and my squeeing because she's amazing, but I can't fly her from america, pay for a ticket for her.. I couldnt' expect her to go cause she'd hate it too. I know she woudl come if I paid for it for her but.. that's not the point... she doesn't expect me to sit through something I hate for her-- even though I would, so I don't expect her to do it for me. She's amazing for being so tollerant with my whole day of going on about the good things from the convention, but i swear she's at breaking point :P

ut I have some pretty awful social problems, a stutter, social anxiety and bipolar (at the weekend I was trucking on through a low when I wanted to stay in bed so that didn't help), and things were very busy so my claustrophobia did play up quite a bit.

I managed to speak to a LOAD of people without my stutter, and I felt very very very happy and proud of myself for doing it. I stutter when I talk to my doctor and I've known her for five years, lol. But, even after I spoke to them-- and all I really did was say hi and introduce myself-- they pretty much ignored me. I went to an hour at each of the parties, attempted to speak to people but was also ignored there. I don't have much confidence anyway but I came away with even less. I know I didn't speak to everyone since there was just too many people there, but I gave up after the.. 7th or so group I spoke to after getting the same reaction.

A lot of the gold members were kind of rude to me too? I asked one for directions for the autograph place since I h ad NO CLUE where anything was, and she pretty much sneered at me 'over there, standard.' I actually laughed at that one tbh.

Honestly, like two people spoke to me the entire weekend, one of them was over twitter, and the other was a 'b' so I really didn't get to spend much time with her. I felt like I was intruding on everyone else, and the people I managed to speak to made me feel pretty unwelcome :( I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, and I'm in no way going to be the first, or the last but maybe if I say something, something could perhaps be done to... aid others.

Like I said, I know SM can't do anything about peoples personalities/attitudes, but there has to be something that can be done for people who perhaps are alone, or going to their first one, or are just maybe shy or unconfident... maybe just to meet others in their groups so they DO have someone to be with.

Also I got knocked down about... 4 times by a group of french girls pushing to get their photos >.<, I have a blimp for a foot haha, not th e worst thing I've done to it but that was pretty rude >_<

I'm awful at making friends, I have like... three, two of which are boys who... wel... no offence guys but sometimes you're not the most... emotionally in-tune of humans :P. In fact before I came to this forum, I didn't even know men liked twilight lol, I'm so used to them going "LOL SPARKLE" and then followed by an hour of jokes : |

I hope this hasn't put you off coming to another SM/ME show. I had one rude person, who said 'what the **** is that' when I was wearing my Cos-play outfit, which did kinda of want me to to go back to my room and get changed, but it would have meant that person would have won.

Some people sadly are just down right rude.

Do you know the name of the person you were twittering with?

Aww sorry to hear your first con was not the best experience. I don't believe i had the chance to chat to you over the weekend and i know exactly how you feel as i went to ET2 on my own and it was my first con.

I suppose i was lucky in the fact of the people i met at et2, as i am still friends with them now and we meet up at each con.

Your welcome to add me on fb or msn and maybe we can meet up if you come to another con, you would be more than welcome -hugs-

I hope this hasn't put you off coming to another SM/ME show. I had one rude person, who said 'what the **** is that' when I was wearing my Cos-play outfit, which did kinda of want me to to go back to my room and get changed, but it would have meant that person would have won.

Deeerrrum... love_tay or something? she was incredibly nice.

I love cosplayers, my best friend does it herself, I did it a lot when I was little-- I had a pink powerranger suit and I never took it off :P and I won a contest once for being pocahontas hehe--, there was an amazing Jane at the convention, I almost thought she was Dakota Fanning. I got some nice outfits for the parties but didn't wear either of them xD Mostly because it was too cold and also because well.. confidence, yay :P. I'm trying to loose weight before the next one I come to >_>; maybe that will help confidence issues somewhat but lol.

I was tempted to go to the torchwood one, but I'm cleaned out from this one xD so as I previously said, would probably have to be et6, unless there's a certain guest at et5... then I'm selling my soul :smile:

I don't know if there was for ET4, but theres usually some sort of thread for people that are going alone. and I know there has been meet-ups before for people who didn't have anyone to go with. It might be a lot easier meeting with people who are in the same situation rather than trying to befriend a group of people at the con who would rather stick to themselves?

And it really does help talking to people online....I've met soo many people through the forums :)

x

I love cosplayers, my best friend does it herself, I did it a lot when I was little-- I had a pink powerranger suit and I never took it off :( and I won a contest once for being pocahontas hehe--, there was an amazing Jane at the convention, I almost thought she was Dakota Fanning. I got some nice outfits for the parties but didn't wear either of them xD Mostly because it was too cold and also because well.. confidence, yay :P. I'm trying to loose weight before the next one I come to >_>; maybe that will help confidence issues somewhat but lol.

I was tempted to go to the torchwood one, but I'm cleaned out from this one xD so as I previously said, would probably have to be et6, unless there's a certain guest at et5... then I'm selling my soul :smile:

erm, i cosplayed jane ^-^ but i dont know if it was me cause there was loads of others there too. I hang out with others who cosplayed volturi members and cullen members etc :P

I love cosplayers, my best friend does it herself, I did it a lot when I was little-- I had a pink powerranger suit and I never took it off :P and I won a contest once for being pocahontas hehe--, there was an amazing Jane at the convention, I almost thought she was Dakota Fanning. I got some nice outfits for the parties but didn't wear either of them xD Mostly because it was too cold and also because well.. confidence, yay :P. I'm trying to loose weight before the next one I come to >_>; maybe that will help confidence issues somewhat but lol.

I was speaking to her on twitter too, she was lovely, never got a chance to meet her. It was my first time Cos-playing for twilight (I used to cos play as Hermione) I was the 'wolf bride' at the first party.

I love cosplayers, my best friend does it herself, I did it a lot when I was little-- I had a pink powerranger suit and I never took it off :( and I won a contest once for being pocahontas hehe--, there was an amazing Jane at the convention, I almost thought she was Dakota Fanning. I got some nice outfits for the parties but didn't wear either of them xD Mostly because it was too cold and also because well.. confidence, yay :P. I'm trying to loose weight before the next one I come to >_>; maybe that will help confidence issues somewhat but lol.

erm, i cosplayed jane ^-^ but i dont know if it was me cause there was loads of others there too. I hang out with others who cosplayed volturi members and cullen members etc :P

I saw a few Janes and a lot of them were amazing. Most of the cosplayers were! There was an Alice in the baseball outfit at the first party and she looked spot on. And also some of the dresses at the volturi ball.. squeee, so gorgeous.

aw I am sorry you had such a hard time chick.

It was my first con too and not many people spoke to me either though I did have some lovely people speak to me about my son - was partly my fault that I didnt mix with people tho as I didn't make the effort either - I was just feeling so crappy the whole weekend and I also found it very claustrophobic.

Still I am hoping to go to ET6 and may well go alone as my partner hated it :smile: (not a twi fan) Feel free to add me on facebook if you ever want to chat; Lucretia Collier-Curtis on there.

take care, and I hope your ankle gets better

x