General Suggestions for ET5?

MjCullen

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I noticed - no mention was made on stage when the 'surprise' guests were announced that 8x10's would be available at their desks for free. As a result many people Saturday morning flooded the dealers room to buy the same photos that were on Gil/Charlie's desk... :D

I wasnt at the opening ceremony as I was doing party prep, but from what I heard, there was an amazing reaction to the suprise guests, and that is not something that Massive Events do very often, so I would imagine that it was meant to be announced, but got lost in all the excitement.

We had lots of people at Reg Desk on Saturday morning that we told the 10x8s were available free in the signing room :smile:

I Never heard that the actors would have 10x8s on the autograph table, so first thing on the saturday i (after a very long queue) bought 8x10s of the guests at a cost of £16!! was very annoyed later during the signings to see that most of the posters i had bought were freely available

I was doing registration for standards and was trying to get everyone to take a new schedule, saying there had been "significant changes". However, I probably forgot to mention this to a few people as I was busy with ID and clamping and Summer was doing the packs.

As for the photos... It wasn't until about 9.30 Saturday, when somebody asked the other ladies on reg desk and I overheard that I knew.

The thing about the reg desk is that it really IS hectic, like Rhi said. You try and get all the information across but you do forget something now and then.

Edited by Rhianydd

I took my movie companions cause Peter and Justin had signed my Twilight one at LFCC (Alex was left out cause New Moon wasnt out :D) I got them to sign the first film theywere in. So Gil signed Twilight, joining Peter and Justin. Chaske, Bronson and Charlie signed New moon and BooBoo, Julia and Leah signed Eclipse :)

I just told them to write what ever they felt like saying :) I got a couple of interesting ones lol... Charlie took up half the cover xD

I took my movie companions cause Peter and Justin had signed my Twilight one at LFCC (Alex was left out cause New Moon wasnt out :() I got them to sign the first film theywere in. So Gil signed Twilight, joining Peter and Justin. Chaske, Bronson and Charlie signed New moon and BooBoo, Julia and Leah signed Eclipse :)

I just told them to write what ever they felt like saying :) I got a couple of interesting ones lol... Charlie took up half the cover xD

ooh...what did he write?

I agree with some of the comments but personally as it was my first con I had an amazing time nothing really to complain about as i was expecting the chaos!

The only thing i would really like is defintley the idea of mingling with newbies and people who are alone as i was a newbie luckly im quite loud and confident so i meet people really well but i have spoken to a few people who were left on their own and just went back to their room and i think for somebody to feel like that is awful especialy when they've come for the same fun as the rest of us :(

hmm. you have given me an idea. Something that is done at cake shows for international visitors could work for first timers/people coming alone to the con.

A cake-eating competition (no hands allowed)?

That'd be an ice breaker :(

Now that would be AWESOME.

Something I noticed - no mention was made on stage when the 'surprise' guests were announced that 8x10's would be available at their desks for free. As a result many people Saturday morning flooded the dealers room to buy the same photos that were on Gil/Charlie's desk... :D

I wasnt at the opening ceremony as I was doing party prep, but from what I heard, there was an amazing reaction to the suprise guests, and that is not something that Massive Events do very often, so I would imagine that it was meant to be announced, but got lost in all the excitement.

We had lots of people at Reg Desk on Saturday morning that we told the 10x8s were available free in the signing room :wub:

I Never heard that the actors would have 10x8s on the autograph table, so first thing on the saturday i (after a very long queue) bought 8x10s of the guests at a cost of £16!! was very annoyed later during the signings to see that most of the posters i had bought were freely available

I never knew about that - damn!!! I saw the pictures there but assumed they were for something else :( Best not tell my daughter :wub:

Ahh I asked Rhi about the Gil & Charlie 8x10s and told everyone I come into contact with that they didn't need to buy them :)

^_^ Thanks Rach

hmm. you have given me an idea. Something that is done at cake shows for international visitors could work for first timers/people coming alone to the con.

A cake-eating competition (no hands allowed)?

That'd be an ice breaker :D

and Giles (the photographer) should be around to take photos lol :D

I am sorry if people bought pics without knowing about the 10x8s :(

• Showmasters Admin

It's fair point. In future I will make sure that if we have changes like this (schedule changes, last minute guests, are they included, do you get 8x10s etc) that signs are put up so that everyone knows what's going on.

We learn from every event. We get hit by new issues all the time. We don't always deal with them 100% wonderfully the first time. But what we do best it listen and make sure if it happens again we're ready to deal with it and deal with it better.

Edited by Too Tall

I forked out for Charlie and Gil pics - cost me a tenner in all. I was a bit peeved but then decided I wasn't too worried because there were 3 of us and we didn't necessarily all want the same photo signed so alls good. I was a bit dense anyway, w'ed already asked Jason after the opening ceremony if the pics would be available and he'd said yes something would be sorted out. My excuse is I was ill...all weekend :D

You know I had an awesome time (my first time too). Like LovleyLauren said you expect a certain level of chaos. I personally think you guys should keep doing what you're doing. I think the weekend was amazing and most people had a wonderful time. In everything, someone is going to complain but today it's not me. I wouldn't change a thing (not even the wristbands). I'm a happy girl with 100's of great memories from ET4. Smooches.

I didn't know that the Charlie and Gil photos were included until I got to the auto table. I'm not too fussed though coz I did buy a different photo of Charlie, and I prefered that to the one that was free. And I'm not going to kick up a fuss about the £3 I paid for the Gil photo :YAHOO:

I do think there should be something that lets the newbies get to know each other a bit better coz I know not everyone uses the forum and knows other people going. ET4 was my first con but luckily I managed to get to know a few people before the con so I wasn't too bad but I do know this wasn't the case for everybody.

I wish people would stop asking questions like "What would you rather be, a vampire or werewolf?"....I'm sorry but I actually cringe :YAHOO: lool!

i thought there were a lot of cringeworthy questions...i'm sorry if i offend anyone here, like if you asked the question, but i don't like the questions that involve the characters stories, e.g. to Gil "how do u feel about becoming an inlaw to the Cullens?" - thats not something happening to Gil, thats Billy Black, and also "how does it feel to turn in to wolves?" - hmm...pretty sure the actors don't actually turn in to wolves.

The actors seemed to get a bit annoyed with some of the stupid questions. I would like more insightful questions, if i go to ET5 i will be submitting questions and hope they get asked. x

The questions definitely need to be sorted out, I remember there being proper discussions at ET1 and ET2...can we steal some of those questions please? I'd much rather hear about their career's and such tbh rather than "Team Edward or Jacob?" :YAHOO: Me and my friends did submit a question but it wasn't asked, I'll make sure we ask tons next time :wub: